When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Midweek Wrist-Check (August 15-16, 2007)

Victoria

WEDNESDAY

Guys, this is help-a-member out time. I promised a fellow forum member I'd give him a few colour strap shots, as he's about to get his PAM 177h, and hasn't a clue what strap to buy. So without further ado, I give you three different and unusual vistas.

First, a Simona Cherry strap which I personally think is one of the most beautiful colours I've seen on any strap, full stop. And on the PAM 177h, we won't even talk!

299569-3260.jpg

When you buy from Simona, you also get this super cool leather pouch to store your strap. Coincidentally, I had a KeyChain shaped like a strap with buckle made of similar texture as the pouch, from a strapmaker on Risti (PM me if you're interested in getting one. It is SCHWEET!)

299569-3261.jpg

One of the most famous Panerai straps out there: Greg Stevens' custom-made Crazy Horse with black stitch. FETCH!

299569-3262.jpg

Finally, to complete our tour of PAM 177h strap choices, is a strap by a German chap called CharlyJakob. I bought it thinking it was VERY pale beige, but it turned out just fine as a mid-range tan.

299569-3263.jpg

Wowza!

299569-3264.jpg

THURSDAY

Now I love to help a brutha out, but Thursday is my day. This is the increasingly favourite PAM 113 with a Toscana Fiero strap. Every time you turn your wrist, the strap bursts into a dozen colours. Awesome Elliot!

299569-3265.jpg

And speaking of doing it again...we humans aren't the only ones checking ourselves out.

299569-3266.jpg

I think he's in with a chance. :pimp:

Still wearing the 5517 Submariner. I've been shaping up the outter cgs a little. I thought they looked ok, but I can see in the pic that the upper still needs some work. The inners are next....maybe this weekend.

299575-3255.jpg

And look at what the mailman just delivered....a new NATO for my Bond Sub. I had to replace the junky one I had on it. Maybe I'll wear it tomorrow.

299575-3256.jpg

Edited by predfan2001

I can't see this coming off my wrist for the forseable future :D

299667-3179.jpg

With regards strap changes, I bought a new leather strap for the customized Aqua Terra I'm giving my dad for his birthday next month. It was on a basic black calf-leather strap, but have swapped it onto a dark brown strap of unidentified leather. I'll try and get a pic of it later (the watch is a real b1tch to photograph properly :()

Here're the photos of the Aqua Terra on the new strap (which I'm currently 'wearing in', but will go back to the SMP once it starts 'holding the shape')

Sorry they're nothing special, but these are about as good as it gets with this watch. For some reason, it is really hard to get a decent picture of it...

Please note, the 'Seamaster' text was deliberately removed, and the hands were deliberately switched for hands from a 42mm Planet Ocean. These are not manufacturing flaws, but intentional modifications by me...

299680-3162.jpg

299680-3163.jpg

Edited by TeeJay

Interesting AT mod TeeJay ^_^

I switched to the Railmaster - Big Size on Europelli Baseball with Luminova Stitching B)

299771-3106.jpg

Thanks. My original intention was actually to put Planet ocean hands on a Railmaster, but was a little put off by the size of the watch, so felt the AT would be more suitable. (Which itself has a larger than anticipated dial)

I figured the Planet Ocean hands would look 'more uniform' (than the two different shape stock-hands) and, being larger, improve the readability, and I'd say the new hands accomplish both those tasks. The removal of the Seamaster Text was actually because the 'r' of Seamaster got damaged when I was replacing the hands, so it was a case of removing all the lettering so it again, had a uniform, if unorthodox appearance. Glad you approve ^_^

Thanks. My original intention was actually to put Planet ocean hands on a Railmaster, but was a little put off by the size of the watch, so felt the AT would be more suitable. (Which itself has a larger than anticipated dial)

I figured the Planet Ocean hands would look 'more uniform' (than the two different shape stock-hands) and, being larger, improve the readability, and I'd say the new hands accomplish both those tasks. The removal of the Seamaster Text was actually because the 'r' of Seamaster got damaged when I was replacing the hands, so it was a case of removing all the lettering so it again, had a uniform, if unorthodox appearance. Glad you approve ^_^

I am working on the other half if you remember TJ just waiting for amp, he offers a golden goose so if i have to wait it will be worth it!