When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Favourite Avatars

KB

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The first one Rongroms used at one stage, I remember the other two but can't place them but here is an interesting tid bit for you....

In the second one note how the guy reaches into the computer with his right arm but slaps his alter ego with his left hand?? :huh:

Ken :D

@tech I just remembered that the first pic you had up in your post was removed from someone else by another mod so I booted it too, please try to keep within the feel of this thread and don't turn it into a sexy girl one.

Ken

Mine used to be more fun... until a sad little avatar nazi lady complained.

FOR THE RECORD, wun't me. :D

(I love the wiggly jumblies avatars. Maybe a little put off to find out it's someone's girlfriend, because if my boyfriend did that about me, I'd kill him -- but hey, if the gf's don't complain, who cares!)

Edit to add... but she missed my siggy (snigger). :lol:

Really, someone complains directly about these things? That's lame.

Unfortunately Puggy yes they did, the Admin team was comfortable with Clive's avatar as we had all viewed for a long time, it was the result of direct complaints that forced our hand when we changed the ruling on avatars.

Ken

Unfortunately Puggy yes they did, the Admin team was comfortable with Clive's avatar as we had all viewed for a long time, it was the result of direct complaints that forced our hand when we changed the ruling on avatars.

Can we know what that was, a description, anything?

My God, it either had to be the raunchiest ass avatar EVER, or oh I dunno, "I want to have George W. Bush's babies" on them.

Christ on a bike, people are so petty.

[13] - Any posts/avatars/signatures containing any sexual content, people with a minimal or no amount of clothes on, etc. will be removed.

Unfortunately the handle bars Clive's girl is wearing could not be counted as clothes.

Ken

Nanuq's forays into RWG1 avatar nostalgia* prompts me to post this one: nothing special, I suppose, but for reasons I've never quite understood, it haunts me to this day.

snuker10zfkf8.jpg

I once very politely messaged it's owner explaining my fascination with the image and asking who the person was - the story, if you will - and never received an answer.

The member in question, "Roomate", seemed to be a semi-lurker: I'd see his nic show up in threads, but it was fairly rare when he posted.

And as Forrest Gump used to say, "That's all I have to say about that."

*For those who interested in excursions down Memory Lane, clicking on the old RWG membership list turns up dozens of old avatars that progressively burned themselves into our subconscient memories before fading out of sight - and out of mind.

I've had many over the last couple of years...

But this one was probably my favorite...

Already put that that one up there TT, a classic and like all classics, far too short a life span ;)

Nanuq, do you think you may have my favourite "Crazee Sale Man" stored anywhere for posterity perhaps? :pray:

Another I recall, animated stick figure at keyboard, typing away, gets slightly frustrated then ends up beating his bloody stumps of limbs and head against the keyboard. One for Monday mornings.

Also something mesmerising about this although it might have been a sig...

11370570395531137251218tj5.gif

This was someone's sig, I think he also had a Windows XP picture with a car racing across.

This particular one is a scene from a Jessica Alba movie, Into The Blue.

Apparently she has 2 pugs.... Dun be a Pug! :lol:

Edited by Chronus

Another I recall, animated stick figure at keyboard, typing away, gets slightly frustrated then ends up beating his bloody stumps of limbs and head against the keyboard. One for Monday mornings.

I have that as it is one that gets sent around via email every now and then, in offices around the world.

Here's a link to it : keyboardsmashpv9_4.gif

Edited by Chronus