When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Edge Appeal

jonthebhoy

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're almost half way there, good people...

Now's the time to donate a little (or more!) so that we can get this behind us...

Chris was the canary in the coal mine for other members who could very well have experienced the same fate had the password alert not been given.

Not only that, but our Chris is known for his selfless volonteer work in a Glasgow clinic for recovering repaholics. He also feeds homeless dogs and cats; reads erotic novels to the sight impaired; repairs old bicycles, televisions, microwave ovens and nuculear power plants for the needy; is a model son for his doting parents; a shining and scholarly star at his university (where he conducts free language classes for new English immigrants to Scotland); never steps on ants, always washes his hands before eating his one frugal repast of the day (usually cold porridge with a dollop of haggis); is single-handedly reshingling the entire roof of the Glasgow Cathedral....

The list is almost endless, but I'm sure you get the picture: Chris is exactly the sort of bloke that you would love to sit around with chewing the mutton fat and downing a couple of pints and a few bags of salted vinegar crisps at your local Al-Anon meeting:

'Aye Chris, ye sheep-bugger, this litre o' brew is on me, ye' damned tree-hugger!' you would be saying as you both got drunker and drunker....

Well, for the same price as that litre of awful swill and minus the hangover, you can bang a little bling into the RWG common kitty and proudly see your name appear on the list as someone who puts his money where his ballocks were...your principles are...well, you know what I mean.

http://www.rwg.cc/donations/

And if you're a little low on the old moola, why not reach way back in that watch drawer and drag out that ticker that you bought a year ago, put on once, and have never worn since? Put it up for auction, someone will be happy to acquire it! No watch to donate? How about your baseball card collection? Your girlfriend or wife? Imagination's the only limit here, guys!

Give 'till it hurts! 'till it bleeds! Give 'till you can give no more - then give some more! Try it and see: it will feel good!

May God Bless You, Lads!

Thanks so much for the efforts guys, I really appreciate it, but there is absolutely NO NEED for this nor is there any need to bleed the members dry lol. I have spoken to Paypal and they have confirmed that none of my funds will be returned, which is an inconvenience but not the end of the world. I am just gonna have to chill on purchases and step up the sales lol.

Thanks to all of the people who have donated, but I don't like the can of worms that has been opened by this. We can't have a fund everytime someone gets ripped off, or then we will get false claims from guys of watches going missing and such like.

I thank you for your efforts, but really it is unneccessary.

I love you all, thank you, and always remember.......

PAYPAL SUCKS!!!

Chris

We can't have a fund everytime someone gets ripped off, or then we will get false claims from guys of watches going missing and such like.

Chris

We hear you Chris and we in Admin are conscious of this. As much as we were in no way responsible for your mishap, it is about the goodwill you have shown others on this board and therefore we are right to make an exception in your case.

We cannot and will not be a buffer for every member who falls prey to scammers or loses out in other ways, however at this time, in this place, if anyone is deserving of our help it is you, so sit back, relax and feel the love in the room. ;)

JTB

We hear you Chris and we in Admin are conscious of this. As much as we were in no way responsible for your mishap, it is about the goodwill you have shown others on this board and therefore we are right to make an exception in your case.

We cannot and will not be a buffer for every member who falls prey to scammers or loses out in other ways, however at this time, in this place, if anyone is deserving of our help it is you, so sit back, relax and feel the love in the room. ;)

JTB

JTB, seeing as how I don't really have a say in the matter. I thank you greatly for all of the work you guys are doing to try and help me out.

I am honoured to be a member of this forum and would like to thank each and every one of you for your kinds words and even kinder generosity.

You are truely a magnificent bunch of people and I am blessed to call you all friends.

Chris

Thanks so much for the efforts guys, I really appreciate it, but there is absolutely NO NEED for this nor is there any need to bleed the members dry lol. I have spoken to Paypal and they have confirmed that none of my funds will be returned, which is an inconvenience but not the end of the world. I am just gonna have to chill on purchases and step up the sales lol.

Thanks to all of the people who have donated, but I don't like the can of worms that has been opened by this. We can't have a fund everytime someone gets ripped off, or then we will get false claims from guys of watches going missing and such like.

I thank you for your efforts, but really it is unneccessary.

I love you all, thank you, and always remember.......

PAYPAL SUCKS!!!

Chris

Paypal doesnt suck! if this was not paypal, none of us would have gotten his money back! moneybookers wouldnt have returned any money, neither would egold, WU or whatsoever!

and you are right by saying

We can't have a fund everytime someone gets ripped off, or then we will get false claims from guys of watches going missing and such like.

thats why I only donate to those where I know they deserve it. For example I donated in the RWG watch fund. And I will donate a little bit for you too, because you have been very helpful to me in the past, and 10bucks wont kill me, but will help the fund growing!

I'm not going to donate every time this happens, I donate whenever I feels its nessesary! I also never give any money to beggars, but I DO give a lot of money to those who play the violin on the streets or whatsoever!