When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Edge Appeal

jonthebhoy

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I need to organise a Paris get-together. Anyone interested?

(this has been a cleverly disguised bump)

Well you have both ryyanon and halley living there so it would be sure to be a good one. :)

Ken

Hey yeah have a coke with him at his front door and then you can do a write up about the first RWG Paris GTG :lol:

Ken

BTW c'mon folks this appeal has ground to a standstill, cough up -_-

I'd be delighted to get together with Pug, Chris, Halley, Aronax and anyone else in or around Paris. We've got great people like Palpatine and (gulp) Slayer in Germany, with still others in Belgium and Holland who would be more than welcome... All are just a few hours away.

But in the meantime, folks, how about a contribution or two?

Make no mistake about it, we're not begging, pleading or otherwise haranging here.

Although a graduate student rather than a full-time job-holder, Chris's life does definitely not depend on how much we collect.

On the other hand, from time to time it's good to show our appreciation of one another - and of just being here - by a show of loyalty and solidarity towards a member who has already displayed the same qualities towards us. That's what makes this forum different from so many others, and that's what keeps it that way.

Your contribution goes beyond lightening Chris's load, it touches us all and creates a positive current of energy which has far-reaching effects - effects which eventually benefit all of us.

In offering a bit of what's yours you're offering a lot to what's ours - a unique source of information, cameraderie and learning which like all living things, needs to be tended and nourished in various ways. Your contribution is one of them, and will be greatly appreciated for many reasons....

Well with a bit of luck I will be over in September!! Fingers crossed and would be absolutely delighted to meet up with any/all of you guys. I am gonna be in Lille so that's perty close and Belgium, Holland and Germany are a couple of hours away so it would definately be great to have some of those guys come down for the gathering.

Ryy, I thank you again for all of the support and geneosity you have shown me in this matter, and would like to take the time to tahnk all of the contributing members as well as those who took the time to send me an email/PM with their heartfelt apologies and kind sentiments, that means so much to me and I really do appreciate it all.

The warm words and kindness you have all shown me is far more important than any monetary needs, I thank you for your support and this truely is a fantastic place with some genuinely great people.

Thank You All!!

Chris

Ok I have an........item.......that I am going to throw in the pot to help raise funds here, I wont say what it is yet as one of the ideas I have is a form of Twenty Questions, where members can buy 1 guess for $1 and the one who guesses correctly wins the item.

I need to work on the idea more as there is the prob of a large postage fee to work out.

I'll get back to you about this one, but for now C'mon let's keep the funds rolling in.

Ken

Ok I have an........item.......that I am going to throw in the pot to help raise funds here, I wont say what it is yet as one of the ideas I have is a form of Twenty Questions, where members can buy 1 guess for $1 and the one who guesses correctly wins the item.

I need to work on the idea more as there is the prob of a large postage fee to work out.

Ken

Can you post a picture of her?

Damn.................so much for Twenty Questions :wounded1:

I'll have to find something else now :lol:

Ken

That's all right, Ken.

I'm not sure Miss Understood would have gone for the idea anyway...

Now, what was that link again?

http://www.rwg.cc/donations/

Hmm...

Halfway there!

All we need are a few more fives and tenners - the price of a lousy Starbucks and a Krispy Kreme!

C'mon all our American friends, as we approach Memorial Day take a little time to think of what makes your Country great.

Pride, Solidarity, Benevolence and Generosity are all points that make up the America and it's peoples that we know today.

Now we have a fellow member who through no fault of his own has suffered a loss of quite a considerable sum of money, this is not just any member, but a member who is much loved, who has in fact contributed a lot to our forum and who has himself gone out of his way to help another member who found himself in a similar position.

We in Admin believe that this board can in no way be held accountable for anyones monetary loss or should in fact be used (in general) for these kind of fund drives, but we have made an exception for Chris and yes that is how highly we value him.

So please as Ryy has just pointed out give some though on that next Starbucks and Krispy Kreme and ask yourself whether it would make you feel a whole lot better redirecting that 5 Bucks to our loyal member and friend to all Chris (Edge)

Ken