When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Super Sea Dweller

juanjulio

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys

My SD arrived from King today and it is late now so I will post pics tomorrow. Sorry!!

Having now received this and stripped it down, the post I pasted from Repgeek is total crap!!!!!

The CG's need work for sure and the bezel assembly is normal as per other Rollie fakes and not at all like gen as per my WM9 Sub.

I will add that this watch is very nice indeed and the bezel looks much better in the flesh. It is the correct thickness but the sloping angle leading away from the crystal is too steep making it look thinner.

The pics I will post will show that I have reshaped the guards and fitted a gen insert. The insert needed a little off the sides but it clipped in nicely with no need for adhesive anywhere. Also the Bezel has a nice deep ridge so you do not have to thin down the thickness of the insert.

The crsystal is lovely with a very authentic look which turns white on the angle around the raised edge just like my Gen did. The bracelet is pretty good too with better than average end links.

The case is pretty much perfect and thick with the HE valve indeed coming right through the case as described by the dealers.

The crown is a little lower than the Gen but not so much as to be obvious to the naked eye. It has a gen sized crown tube and very good crown(no need to fit a gen triplock anymore!)

That is it for now. I will take some pics tomorrow for you guys. :rolleyes:

Just to add after re-reading abou tthe other pictures watch. The crown tube is fat but I did manage to trim and polish the guards without removing the tube(the tube does not have splines like the gens so hard to remove without damage) I used a thin dremel cutting wheel.

Hi guys

My SD arrived from King today and it is late now so I will post pics tomorrow. Sorry!!

Having now received this and stripped it down, the post I pasted from Repgeek is total crap!!!!!

The CG's need work for sure and the bezel assembly is normal as per other Rollie fakes and not at all like gen as per my WM9 Sub.

I will add that this watch is very nice indeed and the bezel looks much better in the flesh. It is the correct thickness but the sloping angle leading away from the crystal is too steep making it look thinner.

The pics I will post will show that I have reshaped the guards and fitted a gen insert. The insert needed a little off the sides but it clipped in nicely with no need for adhesive anywhere. Also the Bezel has a nice deep ridge so you do not have to thin down the thickness of the insert.

The crsystal is lovely with a very authentic look which turns white on the angle around the raised edge just like my Gen did. The bracelet is pretty good too with better than average end links.

The case is pretty much perfect and thick with the HE valve indeed coming right through the case as described by the dealers.

The crown is a little lower than the Gen but not so much as to be obvious to the naked eye. It has a gen sized crown tube and very good crown(no need to fit a gen triplock anymore!)

That is it for now. I will take some pics tomorrow for you guys. :rolleyes:

So,

this sounds good to me......

I love to see your pics tomorrow......

I#m impressed about it yet.....

The factory pics are too bad i think ....

Who is doing the trimming? I would like to get it done too :)

Sorry, but he does not like to publicise his work, he is a friend and I respect his privacy. There are others on the forums who offer their services though, have a search :)

Guys, from what I have been told so far we should all step back for a while.

Pictures aren't the bible...

Some of our respected experts are not happy with this new 1:1, super or whatever SD yet...

:mellow:

The only problem, if you can even call it that, is the watch needs the CG's opened up and a better insert/pearl. The rehaut step is not quite so bold, but it is there....

Most watches need a tweak or two, this watch is no exception :D

Guys, from what I have been told so far we should all step back for a while.

Pictures aren't the bible...

Some of our respected experts are not happy with this new 1:1, super or whatever SD yet...

:mellow:

Unfortunately it is selling very well. I would doubt we would see any significant factory mods for at least 6 months. If it were priced quite a bit higher like the Breitling Steelfish etc I would agree we should expect more. At its current price, this is going to be a great buy for all those who don't want to mess around with the poor quality subs in that price range.

If they do improve it you will pay more too. You know how these guys take us deep when they really hit a Rolex big.

Hi guys,

I'm a newbie & been reading a lot of posts.

I got a question about this new Super Sea Dweller...

I read somewhere that on a gen Rolex the etched Rolex logo on the crystal above the 6 is invisible to the naked eye???

is that true on a gen???

but on the rep on this thread, the pics posted from Andrew's Super SD has the etched logo visible.

any comment from the experts???

Well - that is not exactly correct. If you are able to examine the watch closely - you can see the etch. But i would agree - I just got my Super Sea Dweller - and the etch is too noticeable. I would almost rather have a crystal without the etch at all.

SO - the big question is - can this accept a genuine crystal? Anyone wager a guess?

+1 ... I agree, I'd rather just not have the etch rather than it be soo noticable. Hopefully gen crystals will fit? based on the fact that it has the standard rep bezel mechanism my guess is that it won't fit but I really have no idea...maybe I am just a glass half empty kind of guy ;)

the etch is too noticeable. I would almost rather have a crystal without the etch at all.

SO - the big question is - can this accept a genuine crystal? Anyone wager a guess?