When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Have You Met Someone From This Forum, In Real Life?

fitmic

Actually I met a member long before either of us were in fact involved with these boards.

Alan (offshore) used to have a boat repair shop in my home town to which my father on numerous occassions took his boat.

Of course neither of us can remember the other, so one day I will have to take my family up to the Gold Coast for a holiday so we can catch up once more :)

Ken

I met a well-known gentleman from the other boards. Beers, pub food and good conversation. Sadly, I've lost contact with him (as have the boards). Supposedly, he will soon be moving my way so I might make his acquaintance again some day.

Yupp met already several german-members... in general have a few drinks and a little bit talking in an "pub" :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Yupp met already several german-members... in general have a few drinks and a little bit talking in an "pub" :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Not yet but plan to meet with JTB and R11co very soon, as well as Pug and Halley and Ryyannon if/when I get to france.

hopefully Tor and some of the other Gerries can come down to meet us in France as well.

My wife and I had the pleasant opportunity to meet up with Saabin on the coast last year. Met his wife as well, and scored a nice Daytona ta boot...

What more can I guy ask for..

Fellowship, females & fine watches...

Ahhh...

Life...

TT

• 1 month later...

Unfortunatelly no... but there are a bunch of people here I´d like to meet.

However I had a bad experience with a fellow from old RWG (Movingshadow) last summer.

When he knew I was going to Las Vegas on vacation he gave me his cell phone number and asked me to call him as soon as I arrived.

I called some time after I arrived there and we agreed to meet for some beers...

In the end he didn´t appear and let me (and my wife) hanging for 1 and 1/2 hour waiting for him on the lobby of the hotel.

I tried to call later but no reply.

No explanations after that also...

Hope he´s Ok with that...

M.

Same here, concerning Pug....

We drank, we talked, we oogled watches and girls*, and it was altogether a nice experience.

Looking forward to doing it again when the opportunity presents itself.....

*If Mrs. Pugwash is reading this, I should qualify the above by saying that all the girl-oogling was done by the lecherous Ryyannon. Mr. Pugwash behaved himself and was a perfect gentleman: never took his eyes off the watches, even when knocking back his beer. He's kind of a sloppy drinker, though.... :-)