When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Weekend Wrist Check

r11co

CG'less vintage Sub on Timefactors NATO.

First RWG outing for this...

IMG_3134.jpg

The one I asked Jay to put back into production. He did.

I don't care if you can spot the flaws from 10 miles. It was cheap, it looks great, and it is watertight.

IMG_3136.jpg

It hasn't scuba'd down to the Disco Volante, but it has been immersed in the Med.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Long weekend here:

Friday- 003 Gen t dial and hands, crown and Jimmy everything else :

IMGP1078.jpg

Saturday - Time for the occasional Rolex outing. Falco's MBW 5512 with gen dial, crown, crystal insert, etc. and 2846 movement:

Falco5512011.jpg

Sunday still deciding between the GMT twins - original movement, gen crowns and hands, jimmy cg's, watchmaster cyclops, ziggy relume, yada, yada, yada ... (for all you Seinfeld fans)

IMGP1065.jpg

IMGP1055.jpg

The black makes it look so MI5 though! Well perhaps more SAS, but still. ;)

Overall, I like the browns better, but let me tell you TeeJay, not bad, not bad at all.

I know what you mean, the black does give it a more 'tactical' look, but strangely, I think it's the matte texture of the PVD which actually gives the impression of it being a 'stealth' watch, rather than the strap, which in all fairness, would be quite acceptable on a dress watch :)

In terms of color, Emily, her mum and her step-dad all prefer how it looks on the black, but personally, I find the black a bit monotonous, and prefer it on browns :)

I know what you mean, the black does give it a more 'tactical' look, but strangely, I think it's the matte texture of the PVD which actually gives the impression of it being a 'stealth' watch, rather than the strap, which in all fairness, would be quite acceptable on a dress watch :)

In terms of color, Emily, her mum and her step-dad all prefer how it looks on the black, but personally, I find the black a bit monotonous, and prefer it on browns :)

I'll have to agree with you. A lighter strap gives it more presence. I think a caramel or even a lighter color will really bring out the black of the PVD. Thnx for the pic :)

And speaking of straps.........I just received this nearly new 7835/357 folded link from Andy for the 6263

7835bracelet0111.jpg

Yes, it has subdial issues, but all of the criticisms I have received so far (during my travels in the wild) related either to the crystal (which I thought looked at least passable.....it looks similar to the original semi-superdome fitted to early 62xx Daytonas.....but it will soon be replaced with a beveled gen T21) or the cheesy rep bracelet (which, as you can see, has been replaced with a gen).