When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex MBW from Joshua? A dream come true?Yes!

elprimerozen

I just saw that Joshua has some new Vintage rolex..a 1680 Sub and 1665 Seadweller....and these look exactly the same as the famus MBW(Marias)!!

I think that the days of search and time for delivery came to an end!

We just have to wait and see.

Come on Rolex experts we need your opinion!

Here is the link:Seadweller

and the other link:Submariner.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excuse my ignorance but what is exactly MBW ?

Another question from a definitively supid man : What is Noob (Noobsubmariner...) ?

Thx for your reply

Excuse my ignorance but what is exactly MBW ?

Another question from a definitively supid man : What is Noob (Noobsubmariner...) ?

Thx for your reply

"MBW" stands for high end rolex vintage replicas that were very hard to find...until TTK made a group buy for these models.

Now Joshua has these watches on the site.

These watches can acept gen Rolex parts....and can become a great time piece.

use the search button for Rolex MBW.....

Thx a lot elprimerozen. And what about noob ?

Those who do not know what a Noob means.........................are them.:)

??? Good news, we have a champion of enigma. Noob = beginner ? Is it ?

My Apologies but the subtilities of the Shakespeare's language exceed a frenchy like me. Every forums likes this one are in English and sometimes it's difficult to understand especially the abbreviations and slang. If you speak school French and I say to you "d

??? Good news, we have a champion of enigma. Noob = beginner ? Is it ?

My Apologies but the subtilities of the Shakespeare's language exceed a frenchy like me. Every forums likes this one are in English and sometimes it's difficult to understand especially the abbreviations and slang. If you speak school French and I say to you "d

Now, who wants to have Flexi Plastic Glass on their watch? Do you know how easy they scracth? Not unless they have change over the years! I use to have the gen GMT Master TT with flexi glass and the day I traded it in was the of one of my happiest day ! It scracth so easily that I was afraid to wear it!

Now, who wants to have Flexi Plastic Glass on their watch? Do you know how easy they scracth? Not unless they have change over the years! I use to have the gen GMT Master TT with flexi glass and the day I traded it in was the of one of my happiest day ! It scracth so easily that I was afraid to wear it!

Agree....I prefer the sapphire subs...but afaik...all vintage rollie pieces are plastic crystals.....and scratch magnets at that...for some folk, that is the charm....they love that worn-in look...

:mellow:

But, what about the glass? It says "Thick Tall Tropic Plexi Plastic Crystal ".

No idea about this.

No glass on vintage rollies...only plastic aka plexi crystals....if want sapphire...you need to look at the modern subs/sd

Silly, those aren't scratches. It's called character! :lol:

I find it illuminating that the major Chinese dealers feel the need to ride on the coat-tails of MBW / MBK ....they openly advertise these items using the eponymous MBW / MBK name........like the Pateks...and the AP EoD....that they recently offered...these are NOT ..MBW / MBK items......whilst I cannot testify as to the quality of said items....one thing I am SURE of.....the heritage behind MBK watches....is what makes them so special.....these are once again....just copies of MBK watches....and drop shipped ones at that.....at a higher overall cost.....with a diminshed service aspect....I think we all remember the ALLEGED 'servicing fiasco at additional cost'..used by certain Chinese dealers....to allege that these are MBk's.....is just the same old hype.....the VFM factor is significantly less......!

I watched and made no comment as Angus put together a preview of his End of Days offering....attempting to trade once again on the popularity of an MBk item......alleging that the item he was offering comes from the MBK factory....it doesn't and isn't an MBk AP EoD......it has all the characteristic flaws of the 2nd generation AP EoD that I was fobbed of with as 'the new perfect' AP EoD......I declined to take them...and after long discussions with Pichay at MBK..he finally confessed that they had been unable to keep up iwth the demand for EoD's and had contracted a Chinese factory to produce a run of them....which they did with stainless steel casebacks and buckles......unfortunately pichay had ordered them and was saddled with them.....so he fed them out wherever he could....all teh time bleating that they were correct...when I finally showed him photos of the genuine...that was when he confessed to having the 2nd gens made in China....the ones that Angus is proudly proclaiming are MBK watches....they're not...they're a substitute and a poor one at that,.....the casea are typically PVD'd in the same manner as most other 'black' watches....the true MBk's are 'cold quenched'..and hand polished......which gives the rich black colour that you see on them.....a different process....different item......!

On a final note......AP EoD 1st gens are coming back into stock....I have advised my customers to wait for them.....like the 'false' statement regarding alleged "MBK Patek Nautilus"...where it has quite openly been established that they are not the same quality as the genuine (sic) MBK item.... ..any 'MBK" that comes out of China...is NOT an MBK....despite protestations to the contrary....that's imply a 'cynical marketing ploy'.....using a well established and desirous name......how good are they.....I don't know.....what I do know is that EVERY MBK watch supplied by me....comes from MBk.......is not...DROP SHIPPED......is CHECKED for QC..... is CHECKED for WP test...and a POWER RESERVE test....backed up with a TGA.....sometimes it takes a little longer....but if quality is want you want....quality is what you get....and it's worth waiting for.....!

Edited by TTK