When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Orange Monster

Nanuq

I see one on Ebay for $115 buy-it-now.

SOMEONE STOP ME!!!!!!!!! :Jumpy:

*twitch twitch*

From SINGAPORE, and it looks manky. Mind you, I'm in the market for one, for my boyfriend. :)

@Jimster: Conveniently being sold by you in the Trade section, hmm, hmm? ;) ...I saw it. It's a beauty. Good luck with it.

Pug,

Where do you see the Orange Monster on Amazon for $140??? I see it at $183.95 with bracelet or $164.95 with rubber strap.

I know they had a 20% of Seiko sale that I *** JUST MISSED *** last week (bracelet version would have been $147). Waiting for them to re-run that one.

If I'm missing something and you can really get it for $140, please provide a link!

TIA

The Orange Monster is only $140 on Amazon, with a full US warranty, no hidden tax and most likely free delivery.
Edited by jj69

Pug,

Where do you see the Orange Monster on eBay for $140???

On AMAZON, Puggy wrote. :)

UPDATE BEFORE POSTING:

Well, whaddayaknow. You wrote FleaBay but obviously you meant Amazon because I see the 183.95 price you quoted there.

hxxp://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw/104-2109055-2722338?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=seiko+orange+monster&x=0&y=0

I am also searching, and unless he meant used, I cannot find that $140, either. A link WOULD be in order, for the pair of us, please. ;)

I see it at $183.95 with bracelet or $164.95 with rubber strap.

I do too. I want the one shown by Pugster, with SS bracelet and those are both pricey and hard to find.

EDIT: This looks like a good deal though:

hxxp://www.amazon.com/DELUXE-VALUE-PACKAGE-Professional-International/dp/B00066K4BI/ref=pd_bbs_sr_3?ie=UTF8&s=jewelry&qid=1196823968&sr=8-3

DELUXE VALUE PACKAGE: SKX781 Seiko Orange Monster Stainless Steel 200m Automatic Professional Diver Watch, Spring Remover, Link Band Tool, Extra Rubber Band, International Warranty Book, Seiko Gift Box

List Price: $420.00

Sale: $219.99

You Save: $200.01 (48%)

Watch Pavilion seem to have good feedback too.

Well, whaddayaknow. You wrote FleaBay but obviously you meant Amazon because I see the 183.95 price you quoted there.

You're right, Victoria. I just edited my post to correct that.

That $219 package is not worth it. You can buy a low-end Hong Kong watch tool kit on the Bay for like $12. It will include the tools shown, along with many others.

I'm waiting for Amazon to have 20% off all Seiko again.

I should throw this story in here. Has anyone tried to buy a Monster at one of those Seiko Outlet stores?

They always want some outrageous price for the Monsters, usually between $230 and $350, depending on the current sale. The only time I ever saw them at a remotely reasonable price was the week before Father's Day, when they were charging $180 after all the special markdowns. Still too high IMO for a watch you can order from Singapore or Hong Kong any day of the week for $150.

Anyway, I stopped in the Seiko outlet last week hoping for a holiday sale. The Monsters were $230. I told the saleswoman that was too high and I mentioned that even Amazon has the Black Monster with bracelet for $152. When she expressed doubt about the low price, I took a printout of the Amazon site from my pocket. That's when the BS started...

She gave me this song and dance about the watches on Amazon being "fakes." She even relayed a story about "a customer" who sent his Monster to Seiko for service, only to find that the movement was not genuine, and Seiko refused to service it.

Does anyone know if there is even a grain of truth to this?

A. Why would a major retalier like Amazon even consider selling fake watches?

B. Why would anyone bother to rep a $150 watch in the first place?

C. Who would send a $150 Seiko back to the manufacturer for a "service"?

D. Why do sales clerks make up silly stories like this?

dang, you guys have me missing mine now ;)

actually there are 'fake' monsters. they pop up very rarely on ebay and pics show up occasionally on the seiko forum the dial and bezels are just wrong in a number of ways and they are reputed to use a very very cheap chinese movement.

there is also a blue monster in a hideous light blue and there is a yellow monster. a limited edition of 500 or so for a thai seiko collectors club. which i stupidly passed on thinking $450US just to get a sapphire crystal and a yellow dial was absurd. the last one i saw sell went for $1200US...

i've had 5-6. some stock, a couple beadblasted by jack at IWW. one with the special bill yao 'usual suspects network toxic green' custom dial and hand set. but my favorites were the two tones :D

and you just have to love that bracelet! one of the best ever and about 100 times as nice as the bracelet on a genuine rolex sub ;)

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

I'm waiting for mine.. The bracelet package bought 2 weeks ago from ebay seller "japanwatchcenter2006" for $104. I lost a few at around that bid, then they started sending second chance offers, I confirmed it was real and jumped on it. With $30 shipping I think it's a good deal. :)

Just bid on their watches up to around 104-106 and if you win, great.. If you lose, it looks like they are eager to sell at that price anyway.

-Ape-