When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Attention rep makers! We want this watch!

milsub5517

PAM 292  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy one?

• May be...
    • Yes, for sure!
    • No way!

Ok, May be i am overexagerating, but i think it would be a very popular rep, especially if it is as good as some other radiomirs :)

I really like this PAM 292, it would be a very nice addition to my Rad 183. What do you guys and gals think ? :

58674934-3.jpg

83285092-12.JPG

37658225-2.jpg

4651091070-4.jpg

57371767-292b.jpg

106928137-292a.jpg

10281167-292c.jpg

Edited by mil_sub

I don't have any PVD PAMs, and frankly, I think PVD would look much too masculine on me. Okay, this is ceramic, same idea -- the rep would be PVD.

That and the fact that a PVD Radiomir is just SO wrong (it ruins the sleek lines of the case!), makes me think...yeah, I'd give this a shot. :p

Vic and Pug, thanks for your support! :D Now we need to convince some factory to do this rep.... i wonder if they browse rep forums...hmmm <_<

I don't have any PVD PAMs, and frankly, I think PVD would look much too masculine on me. Okay, this is ceramic, same idea -- the rep would be PVD.

That and the fact that a PVD Radiomir is just SO wrong (it ruins the sleek lines of the case!), makes me think...yeah, I'd give this a shot. :p

PVD?pffftttt...thats old news. This bad-larry is ceramic. The PIG on the dial is just whipped cream on top of an already sweet, ceramic sundae. One of the best designs out of Firenze last year.

Alas, we will never see this rep'ped in ceramic so what's the sense of going any further. SIGH :(

So bring on the Panerai Submersible depth gauge, I say!!!!!

Edited by stevie7s

Ok, May be i am overexagerating, but i think it would be a very popular rep, especially if it is as good as some other radiomirs :)

I really like this PAM 292, it would be a very nice addition to my Rad 183. What do you guys and gals think ? :

Davidsen was working on it, according to his posts on RWI.

Ever since this version of the Radiomir has been introduced, I have wanted one. Ceramic watches are expensive to make and this will be a costly rep also. The factories are right now making this in PVD to gauge the response in sales and will produce a ceramic version

based on volume. If they pull it off, it will be, for me at least, THE Panerai rep to own, providing it is within ones taste and budget of course. This is the one watch I want in 2008.

But IS it wrong? I mean, think about it for a moment... As I'm sure you know, the Radiomir was originally a watch issued to naval divers (Frogmen/SEALS/Hardassmotherf*ckers/whatever you want to call them ;) ) It was supposed to be used in combat situations, not propping up (to quote from L4yer Cake again) 'naff wine-bars' ;) Bearing that in mind, this black ceramic appearance is totally in keeping with that kind of combat aesthetic, totally functional (unless shattering would be an issue) and, if I may be so bold as to suggest it, probably how OP would have made the original Radiomir 'war watches', if they'd had the capability to do so at the time, as it would have perfectly suited the operational environment the watch was intended for use in. Imagine the watch on the 26mm Dive strap, or a carbon fibre weave rather than a shiny black aligator...

hate to rain on the parade on this one, but the chances of them getting both the PVD coating and the submarine logo thingy on the dial right = 0.00%

EDIT to add: in the event this case is actually ceramic instead of PVD, i will revise my projection to -0.00% :bleh:

deltatahoe

I agree entirely.

As others have said, unless the watch is replicated in ceramic (and going to be costly), and, depending on if someone's attention to detail demands the little sub/torp, the easiest and cheapest option, would be to buy a regular Radiomir, and have it PVDd.

Perhaps that could be the option for the manufacturers... Get the dial accurate, and use a PVD case as a reasonably priced 'general enthusiast' watch, and then have a ceramic case version at a higher price, for those hardcore enthusiasts who are want that detail correct, and prepared to pay for that detail. I know which version I think would sell more units though ;)