When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The result of three months on this forum

kokedose

So, I have been floating around the forum for about three months now and have used the knowledge i have found to purchase a few watches and thought it was time i shared my collection.

The photography is pretty lousy as i don't have a very good camera (just a Sony point and shoot) but i have read Pugwashes tutorial and tried my best, Thanks Pugwash for the tutorial :)

Hope you enjoy the pics and any comments are welcome, either good or bad...we all have to start somewhere right?

TagHeuerAquaracer.jpg

RolexSeadweller.jpg

DSC054431024x768.jpg

DSC054951024x768.jpg

DSC054641024x768.jpg

RolexLVSub.jpg

DSC054441024x768.jpg

DSC054811024x768.jpg

DSC055001024x768.jpg

DSC054531024x768.jpg

DSC053681024x768.jpg

DSC055021024x768.jpg

DSC055531024x768.jpg

DSC055341024x768.jpg

Many thanks for all the great posts you guys have made...they really helped me in deciding where to throw my hard earned money !

Thanks for looking and be lucky all :)

Edited by kokedose

Thank you ladies and gentlemen for your positive responses.I was dead nervous about upping my pics but now I'm glad i did :)

It has been an expensive three months and i am sure my girlfriend is going to kill me when she clicks as to how many new watches have appeared...but she is happy with her Gucci for the moment :)

@chrgod.

I love both the evo and the blackbird (brushed bracelet in the air on its way to me as i type).The blackbird dial is amazing and i love the big date but that pearl takes some ignoring!

The evo is a classy watch on leather and i think is very accurate to the gen, a sales rep in an AD i went into to try the BB before i ordered it commented on how he loved the look of the brown leather with

the slate dial so i let him try it on and he didn't flinch, so either he is massively inexperienced or its a spot on rep!

That said i think the BB just has it in the presence stakes.

Be lucky people

It has been an expensive three months and i am sure my girlfriend is going to kill me when she clicks as to how many new watches have appeared...but she is happy with her Gucci for the moment :)

I can gel with that one, I have to have mine delivered to work so she doesn't notice!! Its terrible being under the thumb....wouldn't have that problem married to Victoria!!!!! :D

I can gel with that one, I have to have mine delivered to work so she doesn't notice!! Its terrible being under the thumb....wouldn't have that problem married to Victoria!!!!! :D

Yeah i have mine come to work too...only going to be so long before she stops saying 'They all look the same to me' that one has kept me out of the dog hose for the past few months but i'm sure it wont last!

And you can talk to me about sports all day too! ;)

Seriously though -- I PMed Kokedose my compliments on his collection, already. I find him a kindered spirit, because he got the rep-bug fast and good. WTG, Koke! EDIT: My favourite photo: the gorgeous BCE.

(My boyfriend doesn't log onto RWG anymore, but he also says, "They all look alike"...)

• 2 weeks later...
Very impressive collection of Super Reps. Were you conducting the rep of the year 2007 survey by yourself there? Congrats. Where to go from here though?

Thanks Spooky. Thinking maybe to go vintage rollie for the next blowout, but will prob buy modded from a member until i get a bit more knowledge...need to do LOTS of research though. Kinda like the AP ROO's too and maybe a few more Pams (more modern perhaps)....Half of me wishes i had never stumbled on RWG...I have no money to eat anymore ;)

Great reps / photos KKD! I am wondering now- since you've accumulated so many gems in such a short time; how do you explain your watches to your co-workers, friends, family etc? I am in a similar situation so I just want to know your tactic. Any words of wisdom to offer? Thanks in advance, Arty

Great reps / photos KKD! I am wondering now- since you've accumulated so many gems in such a short time; how do you explain your watches to your co-workers, friends, family etc? I am in a similar situation so I just want to know your tactic. Any words of wisdom to offer? Thanks in advance, Arty

To be honest Arty not that many of my family aside from my brother have noticed(he asked to try on my seadweller 2 weeks ago and i haven't seen it since!).

I suppose if you are not really into watches you wouldn't know half the brands apart from rolex and maybe Tag or Breit so it hasn't really been an issue with friends/co workers yet.

I think if someone asks me if the watch is genuine i will take the watch off my wrist, hand it to them, look them straight in the eye and ask them to decide for themselves :)

Confidence is what makes life a challenge ;)

well, you definatly hit some of the best

I have had most of those - what do you think of the porche, in comparison

The Porsche feels sturdy on first impression, I only got it this morning so haven't yet had chance to see the flaws that will either haunt me or not bother me.

The strap is comfortable, the weight is reassuring but not obvious and i love the dial. No regrets so far :)

Very nice collection. There are a ton of people who are willing to post their "best watch of '07", but there aren't many people who have had most of the best recent watches. Keep in mind, not necessarily the best 'watches' in general...I can relate to your journey. The MBK's are a nice realm to discover, and you're onto the right idea with the vintage rollies.

Not to be "that guy" or anything, but consider reading up about how the site itself is maintained, and the unique requirements of keeping this place going. You've got a great collection, and if you end up deciding to stick around and get more involved now that you've got the bug, being a 'member' makes it easier to trade or sell watches that are fading from interest.

I've owned most of the same watches, and yet almost none of them exist in my current collection. Strange!