When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Your Avatar

lanikai

after readily recognizing the cool avatar's on the board i am curious to find out what the theme is for you ? .. I see you as not a face but an image or theme .. so what is yours..

I'll start.. mine is of energy.. pure energy moving half way across the world and landing on the shores of the Islands in the form of waves..

my avatar is the "Banzai Pipeline".. at Ehukai beach park on the North shore of Oahu..

these waves are made from the energy and power of the storms in the Artic.. the waves on the south shore are from storms in the Antartic.. the continental shelves have a lot to do with the power and size of the wave..

but getting back to my avatar.. waves are created by pure energy traveling through the water in a circular motion.. the water does not move until the energy hits the shores and the reef and shelves..

so like the movement of a mechanical watch the power is created by the mainspring and the energy is dispersed through the various levers an gears .. and ends up with the movement of the hands.. sort of like how the waves are created..

and having surfed the Pipe.. and having it have the better of me many times.. (the water is about 5 feet deep in certain areas.. with lava rock .. very sharp on the bottom) .. but if one doesn't give up ... getting "tubed" .. standing up and being in a rolling tunnel of water and energy... can be surreal and very spiritual... such is Life...

below is a pic of "Jaws' on the island of maui.. tow in surfing... insane.. but big enough to draw on :lol: .. the energy starts somewhere half way around the world.. like throwing a rock in a pond.. and the energy created starts it's journey through the oceans and ends up on the shores of the Islands..

jawsmauihz3.jpg

pics below are memories from parts of my life.. the far left pic is the beach about 3 blocks from my home when I was growing up .. my brother and I went there daily after school.. my Father took us fishing there.. by the man made island the water gets chest high at high tide.. and below the knees at low tide.. we went 'bamboo' fishing there and at night too.. during certain times of the year..

the next pic is Waikiki.. next to the "Wall" where i body boarded as a kid.. and live close by now.. the rest of the pics are of lanikai at sunrise.. the point at lanikai.. and the Koolau Mountain range at the other end of kailua.. and through waimanalo and kaneohe.. another shot of the PIPE..Diamond Head from Waikiki.. and desert from my fav Sunday Brunch place..

and the warning sign for tourist... they walk into the water and get thrown around.. or worst..

I want to hear everyone elses story or theme.. and if this has been done before.. DO IT AGAIN :D

thanks

Lani

my avatar is a representation of the first portion of my forum name....

deltatahoe = delta + tahoe

delta = where the sacramento river meets the pacific ocean, with some of the best wakeboarding spots in northern california

pict0108mz8.jpg

tahoe = lake tahoe, where i go skiing/snowboarding during the winter

pict0002nc6.jpg

two playgrounds: one for the summer, one for the winter.

the picture in my avatar is of my boat, a 1983 mastercraft stars & bars (two tone khaki & brown sparkles). yes, brown sparkles :D

pict0019oe6.jpg

deltatahoe

Quite simply my avatar is the first rep watch I purchased, it also serves as a reminder of D.L.Gates the man who took me under his wing when I first came to these boards and of course the man I bought this watch from.

Ken

Mine is simply an expression of my faith as a Muslim. I had thought about using an icon of a mural in China, which reads 'Allah' in Arabic, but thought that could be too confusing, so went for something more straightforward ^_^

Guest porsche356a

Im a big Porschephile, mostly aircooled, although Im warming up to the 997, cos it looks a bit like the 993. The 356 is my "holy grail", hence my name. Steve is the ultimate definition of coolness, and also a porsche aficionado. (the tao of steve). So I put the two together.

Heres Steve's 57 speedster :wub:

porsche_1957_01.jpg

I am a Parrot head living my life in the slow lane now..... no hurries ... no worries ... no troubles ... A Parrot head is the name for a serious Jimmy Buffet fan. Sometimes, I wonder how my life turned out the way it did and I am amazed how lucky I am. I have been very fortunate in my life and live with an attitude of gratitude. Every new day I wake up is a gift and I try to do good in my small world. Be a good husband ... be a good father ... be a good son ... be a good friend... Peace be with you.

My life in a song

Defying Gravity

I live on a big round ball

I never do dream I may fall

And even one day if I do

Well I'll jump up and smile back at you

I don't even know where we are

They tell me were circling a star

Well I'll take their word, I don't know

But I'm dizzy so it may be so

I'm riding a big round ball

I never do dream I may fall

And even the high must lay low

But when I do fall I will be glad to go

Yes when I do fall I will be glad to go

Mine is a tribute to Bruce Lee, who revolutionised the martial arts world with establishing his way of Jeet Kune Do. It represents the yin and yang, and the constant evolution of ones journey which is neverending.

'Have no way as way, and no limitations as limitation' - Sifu B. Lee

Mine is simply an expression of my faith as a Muslim. I had thought about using an icon of a mural in China, which reads 'Allah' in Arabic, but thought that could be too confusing, so went for something more straightforward ^_^

Now that is awsome, I wish I was as vocal about it as you. But Salam brother!

Edited by asad

My AV is a close up of one of my turtles. I keep freshwater turtles as a hobby. My main interest is snakenecked turtles from AustralAsia. The turtle in the picture is "Nessie", a female Indonesian snakeneck (Macrochelodina rugosa). I founded International Snakeneck Owners Club about a year ago and am running its website www.snakenecks.com

Now that is awsome, I wish I was as vocal about it as you. But Salam brother!

wa `Alaykum As-Salām, Brother. You were most vocal in defending Islam not so long ago, it was good to see someone else telling it as it is :) There's way too much ignorance and misunderstandings about Islam in the world... I guess I chose that picture, as, of all the images I googled, that was the most serene, a reflection of what Islam has brought to my life :)

Im a big Porschephile, mostly aircooled, although Im warming up to the 997, cos it looks a bit like the 993. The 356 is my "holy grail", hence my name. Steve is the ultimate definition of coolness, and also a porsche aficionado. (the tao of steve). So I put the two together.

Heres Steve's 57 speedster :wub:

porsche_1957_01.jpg

Design perfection - no automobile will ever reach this zenith of design .... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

wa `Alaykum As-Salām, Brother. You were most vocal in defending Islam not so long ago, it was good to see someone else telling it as it is :) There's way too much ignorance and misunderstandings about Islam in the world... I guess I chose that picture, as, of all the images I googled, that was the most serene, a reflection of what Islam has brought to my life :)

Wasalam Brother, Well I tried! Well that is a very beautiful picture!.