When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I've lost my friend today...

Guest Sql_pl

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for your loss.

Here're some photos of my first guinea pig, Scampi. She lived till 8 years old, and these photos would've been taken within the last weeks/days before she passed on from old age. She was never the friendliest guinea, always rather reserved, but, always good company.

SCAMPI.jpg

SCAMPI2.jpg

PS: My left hand is not deformed, as this rather blurry photo might indicate, I was wearing a thick leather glove, as we were about to cut Scampi's claws, so protection was necessary ;)

@sql,

My sincere condolences.

3 years ago, we lost our 17yo "son" a black mini poodle, "Charlie"

I had to make the hard decision as well... not easy ..I know only too well. (actually I probably put it off a bit too long)

Just live on with all the wonderful memories, and at least realise in your own heart, that your decision, was for your best friends' ultimate comfort.

Be happy that your mate, is in a better place.

Offshore

I can feel your feelings, sql. No more than 30 mins before reding your post I was giving my Miciomacio his daily treatment, and I know the hour of our separation is approaching at long steps in spite of anything I can do.

My wife and I have no children, and our pets are our only "children".

Here is a few pics of him in his days of youth and wealth:

mm2oq0.jpgmiciomacio7dh9.jpg

miciomacio4il1.jpg

Here is Sissi, who left us after a one-year ordeal:

sissilk2.jpg

They used to be together once... they are going to be together once again: :wounded1:

miciomacioesissigz0.jpg

I wanted to also post pics of our well-being pets, but I simply can't go on. Can't see the screen through tears.

So, please just believe I can feel you.

Guest Sql_pl

Thank you all... a lot of beautiful words and great pictures.

It's really hard to stop the tears....

These little creatures are truly precious.

You know the worst thing is this feeling that you cannot do anything more to help.

My motto is that "Sky is the limit" and I always think that everything is possible if you try hard.... that every dream can come true.... but sometimes you have no power and no way to help.... I just hate that feeling....

I am very sorry for you.

Those who don't know, sometimes don't understand the level of loss a pet's death can be. I still feel pain at the loss of my Cat over 5 years ago. Like I said, those who don't understand don't know and often think it's silly. But those who experience the love and friendship of a pet, realize that in many cases it can be just as bad or worse, (sometimes) than the loss of a human friend. Why? Because an animal/pet/friend doesn't con or lie to you, cheat you, nor do the conspire against you or intentionally try to hurt you. All they want is your love and attention, to be fed and cared for. They are always there for you, and they rely on you for their heath and protection. That's all they ask for.

Maciek, i would like to introduce you to Charlie.

DSC00348.jpg

He died almost a year ago (03/03/07) and not an hour passes when i don't think of him and the joy he gave me. Charlie had a duff hip from birth and alot of digestion problems that could be medicated in his first 9 years(human) but unfortunately meant by the time he died he couldn't even stand, so i had to make the decision to put him to sleep.

We had been through everything together and scraped through together and over the years without knowing it he became part of me that i miss constantly.

My heart is with you and your beautiful dog.

God bless

My condolences Maciek.

I have mourned two dogs in my life and I can't seem to find the strength to get myself a third one. My first dog lived 13 years, spanning from my 10th to my 23rd years.. Feels like a lifetime. I can still remember her..playing with my socks. happy to see me, even if I was away for 5 minutes..she was so genuinely happy to be with my family :)

I still remember my late grand dad telling me the story of his dog:

He went to the WW2 front, fighting against the axis in north Greece. Left behind his parents and dog. He returned a few months later(by foot, long story..), and his dog actually died in his lap in the welcoming dinner. He was old mutt but was crying everyday my granpa was away.

May God rest their souls and hope to meet someday with them in dog-heaven :)

Warm regards

George

Sorry about your friend Beta...I too have lost an animal friend...I dont have a pic of him now but of my others.

Introducing my female dog Alba, she has a lot of hair and loves food. She will bark for food.

She is an Alaskan Malamute.

img1490em2.jpg

my brother Peluche, a Norwegian Forest cat.

He is young male cat...a ketterchen like germans say. He likes food and sleeping.

img1453ex4.jpg

This is the father of Peluche, although he doesnt take care of him, we always welcome him.

img1499if4.jpg

Welcome to the Four Seasons Senor!

My deepest condolences on your loss, Maciek. Maybe to people who have never had a pet, they think this kind pain is not understandable.

But believe me, as someone who has seen 4 of her dogs die, I know exactly what you're feeling. It's devastating. RIP Beta.

becia1md8.jpg

becia2vs6.jpg

In her honor, I'd love for each of you to post a picture of your pets. Take care of them and cherish every moment that you have with them!

Maciek,

I feel you my friend. I lost one of my babies last year, and at only 9 ....... boy we miss her. But I'm sure that Beta and my Perdita "Perdi' are somewhere having a ball. Here, in honor of Beta are my 2 Goldens, Beauty and Kiara.

post-8676-1208485683_thumb.jpg

post-8676-1208485755_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Sql_pl

Thanks for all your answers guys.

I really enjoyed all pics.

I have an update!

The house felt really empty without Beta.

Ola started to search for another pointer (they are not that easy to find) and guess what?

Two days ago after a 480-mile trip we got back with a new member of our family!

I'd like to introduce Arta :)

ar4vc0.jpg

Same breed as Beta - just another color scheme - it was impossible to find a black-white one now.

It is amazing how similar she is to Beta in terms of overall behavior. She is so cute - everyone loves her!

ar6yz5.jpg

ar7ye1.jpg

Beta will always be remembered and all my memories with her will be cherished but it is just great to have Arta here.

Maciek,

I'm just finding this thread.

My deepest condolences to you and your family. I do understand how bad it is to lose a part of your family.

I do, however, have a friend I'd like you to meet...with an incredible story:

This is Sam...she might be funny looking, but most certainly a part of our family (and loves opening presents):

sambosh9.jpg

She spent 3 weeks on a bed floating around in 9 feet of water at our Katrina ravaged house. I was not allowed back in the city for those three weeks and that time without her was the worst time of my life. I was sure she was dead as most animals left behind were killed in the storm. We found her alive, after three weeks, no clean water, no food, nothing...just sitting on the bed waiting for anyone to come home. Obviously, I've made the story quite short, but you get the point. She has spent probably 8 of her 9 lives, but is still alive today and no signs of stress.

Thank you for this thread...we all need to remember the animals in our lives. They make living much better.

ARTA is beautiful!

• 1 year later...
Guest Sql_pl

Sorry for digging this thread out but I would like to share with you that today our other dog, a beautiful 11 year old rottweiler Fisia joined Beta in heaven...

fisiunia.jpg

After a lot of struggles with a very bad tumor... some surgeries... we were not able to win.

Somehow I am sure they are happy together now...