When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Correct Hand Stack GMTIIc back instock!

rckh

Dear All Buddies:

Andrew just confirmed there were 50pcs more correct hand stack GMTIIc back instock. Take your chance if you still want correct hand stack version!

For me; I already betrayed my faithful dealer to order one already.......Sorry my friend :mellow:

Best Regards,

Raymond

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear All Buddies:

Andrew just confirmed there were 50pcs more correct hand stack GMTIIc back instock. Take your chance if you still want correct hand stack version!

For me; I already betrayed my faithful dealer to order one already.......Sorry my friend :mellow:

Best Regards,

Raymond

wow $10 bux extra.. wehehehehehhe

it is a marketing ploy... I predict that they will stop selling the correct handstack some point soon, release a lesser movement for the same price, then re release the correct handstack movement at a higherprice in the future... with additional flaws of course...

it is a marketing ploy... I predict that they will stop selling the correct handstack some point soon, release a lesser movement for the same price, then re release the correct handstack movement at a higherprice in the future... with additional flaws of course...

just bought it..could not wait anymore.

have asked The Zigmeister for service and a movement review

Yea, I just popped for one. Couldn't resist the frenzy, but at the same time I luv it. I have never been interested in Rolex, except for this model. When the 1st reps came out last year, I almost wadded in but the case and bezel issues kept me out. But this model...... well now I'm excited. Hopefully I ordered in time.

Rogerwine

I just returned from my 2nd reconnaissance trip to my local AD to see & try on 1 of these GMTIICs, and.....

Now I may very well be proven wrong, but something tells me that the (correct hand stack) version of the GMTIIC Anniversary may turn out to become a classic rep that attains iconic status in the future. And 1 day many of us will think back on this weekend in time & thoughts of self-flagellation will creep into our minds as we admonish ourselves for not jumping on the bandwagon before it was too late. So, with that in mind & even though I remain thoroughly unmoved by most modern Rolex watches (including this 1), I just bought 1 of these GMTIICs reps. May the good lord have mercy on my vintage soul.

Others have posted pics of the gen version of the GMTIIC recently, but none of those, to my eye, truly portray this watch correctly. So I perused my hard drive archives for a couple of good, clear pics of the gen GMTIIC. Here they are (note especially the effect of the AR coating on the underside of the cyclops & the way the detail below it is revealed)

gmt2c_1.jpg

gmt2c_2.jpg

Those of you who just received the rep version, how does it compare?

I just returned from my 2nd reconnaissance trip to my local AD to see & try on 1 of these GMTIICs, and.....

Now I may very well be proven wrong, but something tells me that the (correct hand stack) version of the GMTIIC Anniversary may turn out to become a classic rep that attains iconic status in the future. And 1 day many of us will think back on this weekend in time & thoughts of self-flagellation will creep into our minds as we admonish ourselves for not jumping on the bandwagon before it was too late. So, with that in mind & even though I remain thoroughly unmoved by most modern Rolex watches (including this 1), I just bought 1 of these GMTIICs reps. May the good lord have mercy on my vintage soul.

Others have posted pics of the gen version of the GMTIIC recently, but none of those, to my eye, truly portray this watch correctly. So I perused my hard drive archives for a couple of good, clear pics of the gen GMTIIC. Here they are

gmt2c_1.jpg

gmt2c_2.jpg

Those of you who just received the rep version, how does it compare?

this is how Darth Vader started to turn ...but since I thought you would cry sacrilage.. I am very happy that you have seen the light.. :yahoo:

I really am having a hard time finding fault.. although I rather leave it up to the membership given the proof.. the rehaut lettering on the rep and genuine are hard to tell apart .. unlike the daytona's which are very faint.. and more silver..

the coronet .. btw is spot on .. i took my loupe just now and compared it .. to the micron.. at least it looks that way

i was going to say the font on the genuine looks proper.. so I am getting them mixed up as the rep and the genuine (in this pic) look identical.. i don't like to rely on collectors pics too many variables with the lighting and lenses..

so the Font looks friggin the SAME..as far as size and colour !!!.. especially the numeral 4.. that is the one that looked fat in the collectors pics .. but live and in person it is the genuines twin !!!

the teeth on the crown looks really good..

the only point really would be the lume ... the markers on the genuine I viewed were a torch even in the showroom.. the rep is OK.. well you know the song..

You have crossed over freddy.....well sorta kinda.. :lol:

congrats .. i haven't taken mine off yet. !

Live strong and wear it well..

Lani

I hope not, because I am too much of a pu**y and couldn't do it. I'm too scared about movement reliability.... Deep down I hope I'm wrong... I'll probably be sleeping all day and eating ice cream in bed from depression in a few days....

Here are some pics of the rep and a gen side by side. The only major flaws are the lack of the double AR on the cyclops and u can see the CG's need to be reworked. Weight is the exactly the same and finish is off by just a hair but not that bad. These are Dtans pics.

IMG_3554.jpg

IMG_3556.jpg

IMG_3557.jpg

IMG_3559.jpg

IMG_3560.jpg

IMG_3570.jpg

IMG_3576.jpg

IMG_3616.jpg

Edited by Sylar

Lani - I have to be honest & say that whatever 'crossover' I may have experienced is due more to my expectation of this rep's future rarity & potential iconic status than to any specific attraction to the model design. Although I can appreciate the mechanical artistry that went in to copying the ceramic bezel (quite a feat), the overall design of this watch leaves me lukewarm (like most modern watches). But who knows, it may change my mind once I get it on my wrist.

Here are some pics of the rep and a gen side by side. The only major flaws are the lack of the double AR on the cyclops and u can see the CG's need to be reworked. Weight is the exactly the same and finish is off by just a hair but not that bad. These are Dtans pics.

IMG_3576.jpg

Excellent work, Sylar. Obviously, the missing AR on the cyclops is a give-away, but is the cyclops a bit larger on the rep, or is it just the way it looks in the pictures?

Other than that, the most obvious difference to me is the finish of the polished sections of the bracelets. Rolex watches are always mirror smooth, while the polished sections on reps always have a bit of texture to the underlying metal. Sometimes, this can be improved with a bit of rouge & dremeling, sometimes not.

The only thing missing is a close-up comparison of the date fonts (days 3, 13, 23 & 31) to see if the fonts (& lens magnification) pass muster.

The rep could definitely use a gen crown & a wee bit of CG work. But, as is, this rep is quite an impressive piece of work. And the photographer did a good job too.

Minus the texture in the polished sections, I doubt I would be able to ID the rep on its own from the distance of a few feet, which meets my benchmark & the deciding factor for my hitting the Buy button for a model I do not particularly like that much. You just cannot argue with quality.

Lani - I have to be honest & say that whatever 'crossover' I may have experienced is due more to my expectation of this rep's future rarity & potential iconic status than to any specific attraction to the model design. Although I can appreciate the mechanical artistry that went in to copying the ceramic bezel (quite a feat), the overall design of this watch leaves me lukewarm (like most modern watches). But who knows, it may change my mind once I get it on my wrist.

I was just funnin... but what vibes I'm catching and what I'm reading from you and I too agree.. it's not the design per say.. and that includes the increased size.. what it is for me is the replication of this piece.. to the composite ceramic wrapped bezel .. and the dial

I do think this is worth every dollar that it cost me ..

@sylar.. thank you very much for the pics .. although It's hard to tell really because the watches are at a slightly different angle and the lighting is bouncing off of them differently (which could play a huge part in the look of the slope in the CG)

img3556hr9.jpg

As you can see the angle is definately different and the lighting although just a hair's difference play's a big part in the appearance of the angles..

Guys...as an owner of a gen GMT2, I am actually going a little nutty on this one. I am ONE click away from buying one of these. To me, I have seen the pics and it is extremely close. Sylar hit the nail on the head with the CG's...nothing that cant be reworked. To me, TIME accuracy is also important. I would buy this to see how it kept time. My gen is off about a second per day. If I could keep it un der 5 seconds per day, with a rep this good, I just might sell the gen and keep $6k+ in my pocket. If I am not impressed when I get it, I could probably sell the watch I get at a premium with the "correct hand stack" version. This may be a super rep in the next year...maybe less. I am undecided and time is ticking before it sells out again.

I do think this is worth every dollar that it cost me ..

I agree.

although It's hard to tell really because the watches are at a slightly different angle and the lighting is bouncing off of them differently (which could play a huge part in the look of the slope in the CG)

img3556hr9.jpg

As you can see the angle is definately different and the lighting although just a hair's difference play's a big part in the appearance of the angles..

It could be the angle of the watches in the picture, but, even as they look in the picture, I would be hard pressed to ID the rep based on the CGs if I saw it on its own. And the differences, if they exist, are so marginal that it would take more time to remove the movement than to mod them. But with a rep this good, a gen crown/tube is mandatory.

Guys...as an owner of a gen GMT2, I am actually going a little nutty on this one. I am ONE click away from buying one of these. To me, I have seen the pics and it is extremely close. Sylar hit the nail on the head with the CG's...nothing that cant be reworked. To me, TIME accuracy is also important. I would buy this to see how it kept time. My gen is off about a second per day. If I could keep it un der 5 seconds per day, with a rep this good, I just might sell the gen and keep $6k+ in my pocket. If I am not impressed when I get it, I could probably sell the watch I get at a premium with the "correct hand stack" version. This may be a super rep in the next year...maybe less. I am undecided and time is ticking before it sells out again.

Definitely a tough call, Jetzeus. My guess is that the movement will prove to be problematic over time (similar to the 'mystery movement' in some early DW Daytonas). But if you click that Buy button on the basis of a potential collectible, I would click away.....& sooner rather than later.

Agree definitely crown/tube.. and as a side .. the cyclops ar is very possible... that small nuance is nice.. to be able to view the date font from any angle.. and with no glare from the mag ..just the down time ..

It seems that the GMTIIC rep is not only a potential super rep, but it is also a good luck charm. At least, for me.

My bank was having some problems with their system when I tried to buy this watch. In fact, it took me about 3 hours of failed attempts before the sale would go through. Because of this I had to phone the credit card company & the problems turned out to be quite fortuitous, because it seems that a couple of payments for ebay purchases I made a few months ago were apparently declined by my bank (they were having problems then, too). And both declined payments turned out to be to Mr. Slime Ball, the crooked parts seller in Texas who sold me a bunch of rubbish & then gave me the only bad buyer ratings I ever got after I posted my (negative) experiences with him.

So the GMTIIC may have cost me $400, but the satisfaction that I got upon hearing that Mr. Slime Ball got his just rewards is PRICELESS. :bounce:

Maybe I should get another GMTIIC & then buy a lottery ticket........... ;)

well i have to admit i just broke down and hit the "buy it now" button on this one too :wounded1::o:lol:

it's the first rep i've bought in months; i just had this feeling that i would regret not having the correct hand stack version many months later. this worry, combined with trusted members' comments on the quality of the replication on this watch, put me over the top.

now the wait begins :bounce:

deltatahoe