When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I Need Help To Choose My 1st Genuine Pam

V

WHat do you prefer?  

134 members have voted

1. 1. from the following?

• 111H
    • 112H
    • 000 Base logo
    • 005 logo

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

111H. :)

But to be honest if I had a choice I wouldn't buy any of these, I'll buy something that's less easy to replicate, like a 184 with a JLC 897 base movement, or a rattrapante. (But of course they are more expensive)

I absolutely agree. To be completely honest, I can't wrap my mind around buying a gen version of a watch as accurately repped as the ones on your list..

i'd go for a blue or anthricite dialed watch, a Ti automatic, or some other PAM that has not been repped...

this might start a flame war, but i would not buy any gen PAMs unless its a chrono or an in house movement PAM. why get a gen when the reps are damn close? just my 2 cents.

I agree, but I don't think that matters to V. I think it's a wedding gift from his wife... she's finally agreed that he can get a genuine, within a budget probably, which is why these are the ones listed.

I agree, but I don't think that matters to V. I think it's a wedding gift from his wife... she's finally agreed that he can get a genuine, within a budget probably, which is why these are the ones listed.

You are right... my ULTIMATE Panerai is the 212 and if I had the money TRUST me I wouldn't needed any Poll to grab the first millisecond the 212 from an AD. But it is expensive.

About the titanium, as I said to Ronnie in person I don't like it in Pams. They are light and they don't look heavy and expensive. Keep your eyes open because sometime next week I will get rid of my 036 MM.

You can tell V is more in with the 112 because it has double the pics of the others. I think he has already made up his mind, but wants a nudge from us.

That's almost true.. but I don't know the availability and I am not gonna get in any waiting list.. I want it and I want it NOW. SO if an alternative comes up I have to know what I am gonna do...

PLUS some people like me are kind of 'Outsiders' and want to buy what most of the people wouldn't.

But to be honest if I had a choice I wouldn't buy any of these, I'll buy something that's less easy to replicate, like a 184 with a JLC 897 base movement, or a rattrapante. (But of course they are more expensive)

Trust me... I had the same dilema myself.. BUT first a rep is a rep and as good as it gets it will never reach the quality of the gen. Does it worth the extra money? Probably NO. But if it is a watch you really love and that will stand in time why not?

check out the sales section of timezone,,,,,some one just posted a practially new 112H up for sale. If you picked this up for 3000 (they are asking 3100), it would be a great deal.

I know Eric.. have done buisness with him before.. unfortunately only US deals PLUS import taxes etc etc.. I prefer to buy from EU or an AD.

Check out Paneristi, I think I saw a few of the models you have listed FS right now. Check the list there and it might help you decide. ;)

It is very nice to buy online but I will get it with my credit card so I think it has to be AD. :unsure:

Can someone tell me the prices in UK pounds or USD of the 111H and 112H (and the 219H) new????

Someone had posted the 2006 price list but can't found it.

THANKS

P.S. I might consider also the 219 if the price is right... So I am between 112H and 219 :D

About the titanium, as I said to Ronnie in person I don't like it in Pams. They are light and they don't look heavy and expensive. Keep your eyes open because sometime next week I will get rid of my 036 MM.

I forgot about tanalium. That's a lot heavier, so if the price is right, you may want to look at that? 172 is tantalium I think. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I forgot about tanalium. That's a lot heavier, so if the price is right, you may want to look at that? 172 is tantalium I think. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

No.. the 172 is very expensive and out or my budget :)

And I said I want something heavy.. not an anchor on my wrist :p