When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Blancpain Fifty Fathoms

lazarini

Seriously people ;)

i just did a search on this watch today and realized the status have not moved eg. no one heard nothing about this being made ...

I'm sure im not alone when i say i would get one of these either Vintage or Modern! This is a piece of history and a great potential also looks like not to be to complicate to do ...

Someone shed some light ;)

Modern:

FF.jpg

Vintage:

FFVintage.jpg

Gorgeous :wub:

Regards Laz

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Fifty Fathoms is the watch a number of folks would kill for. The issue is that manufacturers don't gear up for dozen's of pieces - more like a thousand. On that basis the most likely candidate is the new one. It is part of the whole enlarged size generation at 45mm. If you have seen either the new automatic or chrono you know that the bezel is an absolute work of art. That is what makes the watch. I do hope they can conquer it. If you are inclined toward vintage there are plenty of homage pieces around so I would be surprised if a widely available high quality rep comes out on the vintage anytime soon.

I'd be for a fifty fathoms if it would get repped...love some of the vintage ones...and I find it not too difficult to replicate...

I'd love to pt my hands on something like this :

f_bpff2m_d30d937.jpg

f_bpff1m_aa3a36a.jpg

Edited by dadog13

I know there are aftermarket 6542 GMT inserts available with the printing on the back of the clear acrylic... Absolutely required for this vintage piece. This can be DONE if someone would just step up to the plate.

Guest avitt

Over at the Time Factors forum, they're trying to talk Eddie into doing a homage to this beauty, which I find even more stunning than the vintage FF:

bagno711fr8.jpg

There's a seller in Viet Nam thats been selling "franken" reps on a lot of watches including the BP Fifty passing them off as gens.

Here's a link to the last SM300 he sold. He sold a BP Fifty at the same time. The only thing gen is the movement. I had the opportunity to look at one at the last NAWCC meet and the 552 movement was a piece of crap.

So we know there are reps of everything out there. The BP Fifty and the SM300 are one of the most Faked watches on the Bay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...ME:B:SS:US:1123

Here's a useful link: http://www.scubawatch.org/hallofshame.html

Jim

I second most of everything posted. Fifty Fathoms. Cover of watchtime magazine this month.

Modern- REAL superluminova under saphire bezel is a MUST. I'd lay the cash down for this. I'm not putting this on someones shoulder to mod.

Vintage. I'll bite. Do it right.

• 2 weeks later...
Over at the Time Factors forum, they're trying to talk Eddie into doing a homage to this beauty, which I find even more stunning than the vintage FF:

bagno711fr8.jpg

Yah, that was actually my post over there :-)

It was a prototype, not many around of these.