When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

SuperOcean HERITAGE

lanikai

The Superocean Heritage.. Blue dial

This is not a version 2 of the SOH... it is not to "correct flaws" from another replication.. this rep is from a totally different maker.. it was started the day that the genuine was released to the AD.. bought by the collector and given to the maker..

To be fair to all collectors and makers I will not post comparisons of the 2 different SOH's .. you decide for yourself..

to the Newcomer... if you stick with the Forum Collectors you will not run the risk of going off site with scammers and poor customer service.. I do not promote my collector.. his replicas speak for themselves.. so arm yourself with the info and stick with RWG... these guy's really know their technical info !!..

I am not sponsored nor accept free watches for what I do for the community.. "We are self supporting through our own contributions".. so if you are new .. our forum needs capital to operate.. we need to pay rent to the cyberlords..not to the keepers of this site.. so please donate if you can or join "supporter status" it helps us stay here for you ..

nuff of that..

no need to compare movements the rep is an Asian ETA auto 28.8k ..the genuine is a in house Breitling movement.. (did I just compare?)

case.. 46 mm

Lug width..24 mm

screw down crown

uni directional bezel... 120 clicks

solid engraved case back

clasp.. single deployment

Dial.. very fine satin finish

Lettering is very lightly raised

Minute Markers ..polished SS/ with lime dots on outer dial

numeral minute markers @3-6-9-12 are barely raised as are the ticks

Date window .. recessed @6; date change via crown

Edit to Add: one added feature to this replication is Individual serial numbers

Note:.. the hands ARE silver not gray and do not flicker with angles .. it is my lighting that makes them appear like the old rep "ultimate" BCE.. so don't worry about the accuracy of the hands they are SILVER as the genuine

dsc0004yu7.jpg

dsc0021qc5.jpg

Rehaut looks very good if not spot on!!

The Breitling web site has deleted the Heritage from it's catalogue edit add: I forgot to mention they (Breitling) also deleted the thorough specs section of their site.... Jon Font Posted a thread on the utube Breitling "concern".. remember since the makers have gotten these replications so good.. the Breitling web site has been printing erroneous colors to their reps.. in other words not accurate to their own timepiece.. the reasons are obvious and Ad's no longer give out free brochures .. I was told point blank .. "because of the "counterfeits" .. so don't put too much stock in the slight difference in colour and the size of the crown.. when comparing the "drawing" of the genuine.. the collectors have posted the genuine and the replication side by side on the board.. you see if you can tell the difference..i cannot..

Jon Forts "fake" utube by Breitling .>>http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=76148

look here for genuine and replication side by side ...>> http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=76196

Genuine on the left ..(colour) not accurate to their own timepiece..

sohas8.jpgcsc0003up1.jpgdsc0024qy6.jpg

Date font is .. very well done.. no variations in alignment.. each numeral is spot on !!

alignment is there !!

csc0008cp9.jpg

The crown is one of the best I have seen in my time with the breitlings.. very well machined and finished the teeth are even and deeply grooved ... look at the machining of the grooves... excellent !!!

csc0010iq4.jpg

these screws hold in the bezel they are not faux screw.. there are 6 starting at the 1 marker and following with the 3-5-7-9-10

120 clicks and very very positive "tight" and the bezel does not shake or have any amount of "play" it is one of the best ones to date as far as functionality............. correct numerals on the case.. laser etching is looking Great !!! VERY CRISP AND CLEAN..

csc0012er1.jpgcsc0029wt4.jpg

The B looking SWEET ......... the edges on the lugs are a little.(just slightly)sharp.. nothing a dremel and polishing wheel won't cure

csc0014ez3.jpgdsc0015eq2.jpgdsc0011hf3.jpg

the genuine has a little alteration in the case under the crown.. this is evident on the replica.. this is the difference in a replication using a genuine.. attention to detail.. it is almost a given now with the brands altering their pics.. replicas used to rely on pics to use for their replications.. so genuine copies are almost a must these day's..IMO

csc0027wv3.jpgdsc0026ut2.jpg

The all important Case Back... very deep crisp, clean engraving.. No sharpness to the engraving at all !! numbers are correct very well done !!

csc0020hp0.jpg

Wrist shots Gang!!!

dsc0032cc7.jpg

dsc0033kf7.jpg

Granted this is a Asian ETA... 28.8k the second needle is so long it may make a difference in it's movement .. I am not the expert.. this is just my "take" on the timepiece..

I have received numerous Pm's asking for more information...How can I say this so not to seem uncaring.. (I cannot)...

there are many members who devote their time and energy,... this has taken me 4 hours plus.. there are others...Bytor... andreww..sea dweller.. toad torrent.. chrgod... freddy333.... and countless others who "give" and also support the forum in donations.. so for this reason.. would like to "help" everyone.. but I think I need to "take care of our own"..meaning the members who support this place so it will be here for everyone.. I have sent parts all over the world for no cost... I am a proponent of teamwork and helping members.. but to be fair.. I choose to (from now.. things may change.. :rolleyes: ) help those who pitch in to help us "all" .. think about donating 5- 10 usd or the best.. become a supporter.. we need you all !!!

there is no other forum with the kind of members (full of years of information) .. I am not one of those experts.. just a member who wants to see this community here for everyone ...

Aloha and thanks for viewing.. good luck in your search for the "perfect" replica.. it is the Journey not the destination !!!

other members will be getting the Brown dial in .. looking forward to your posts and pics !!!

edit Addd: I promised a Lume shot to Edwin.. sorry E.. the lume needs "charging" it won't be ready to shoot a lume shot for another day.. it's not that brilliant .. hope the lume will get better like the Rolex 116710GMTIIc did after a couple of day's .. but regardless only the hands will lite up (hopefuly)...the dots on the markers are very tiny.. needs Ziggy !!

thanks again

Lani..

Work in Progress.... I'm working on more now !!! ..CONGRATS BOSTON.. EMOTIONAL WIN.. I'M HAPPY FOR THEM ALL!!!! still working..

The Breitling web site has deleted the Heritage from it's catalogue.. Jon Font Posted a thread on the utube Breitling "concern".. remember since the makers have gotten these replications so good.. the Breitling web site has been printing erroneous colous to their reps.. in other words not accurate to their own timepiece.. the reasons are obvious and AD's no longer give out free brochures .. I was told point blank .. "because of the "counterfeits" .. so don't put too much stock in the slight difference in colour and the size of the crown.. when comparing the "drawing" of the genuine.. the collectors have posted the genuine and the replication side by side on the board.. you see if you can tell the difference..i cannot..

Great pictures.

Interesting subject with the "fake gen" pics, the folk they confuse are the real buyers down the track who think they then have a fake surely. Man, it's going to take some kind of special

Great review Lan! I can't wait to get home to view the pics (blocked at work). Let me ask you about the "feel" of the movement. Does it feel the same as your ETAs when winding, adjusting time and date, etc.? Is the rotor quite or does it have that Asian whirl sound? It certainly looks nice!

Lani, as usual....GREAT JOB :thumbsupsmileyanim::good::1a: ! Thanks for all the hard work! Now I'm so giddy to see my Brown one! Maybe tomorrow or Fri.!

I'll post some Pics as soon as I get it! Have you tested the Water Resistancy yet?

Aloha, Hike

Lookin' good Lani. I looked at a gen of this and thought it just wasn't worth the money, but as a rep, I may just have to buy it... Now they have fixed the dial, certainly worth considering now.

Great review Lan! I can't wait to get home to view the pics (blocked at work). Let me ask you about the "feel" of the movement. Does it feel the same as your ETAs when winding, adjusting time and date, etc.? Is the rotor quite or does it have that Asian whirl sound? It certainly looks nice!

Well as a Journeyman .. I missed that important bit of Information by a country mile !!!" ... the movement needs oiling IMO .. the rotor is your usual Asian noise maker when put up close enough to your ear... btw.. what type of oil is used for the rotor if I just want to apply it myself ??

I cannot really feel the gears when I give it a few turns just to get the mainspring started.. since this is an Asian copy of ETA.. I really don't want to hand wind it more than just to get it started.. It wouldn't take too much to swap this with an ETA.. but I guess it would depend on how much wrist time you put into it....

I am contemplating sending the crystal with the rest of my batch tomorrow to chief for AR... I am a little undecided.. but it would certainly bring out the dials full potential ...if I take the movement out I will surely take pics today and ad them to the thread

If this piece could get your "thorough" REVIEW ... that would really be great A ..

thanks for the support

robertk Posted Today, 06:02 AM

Thanks Lani......Your usual excellent review. Great watch. Breitling putting up phony color in pics is a little like closing the barn door after the horses escaped!

Makes you think hard about buying anymore reps that has not been made using the original as smaple ... one pic in a magazine may vary from the web site .. so what do you do then ?? . not to long ago all reps were made with pics... now it's a cat and mouse game with the brands and the dealers

thanks RK ... another one to add to your stables .. cannot wait till the Chrono is released .. should be in the next couple of months.

HikeUSA Posted Today, 03:38 AM

Lani, as usual....GREAT JOB ! Thanks for all the hard work! Now I'm so giddy to see my Brown one! Maybe tomorrow or Fri.!

I'll post some Pics as soon as I get it! Have you tested the Water Resistancy yet?

Aloha, Hike

Thanks Hike.. looking forward to your Brown dial....

Yes .. I water tested it thoroughly at the risk of my health !!!.. it drizzeld in Kaneohe this morning ... and the Heritage held up under extreme circumstances..... I made it through the parking lot all the way to my vehicle without any problems..haven't shower tested it yet .. I'm fully certified to do any ...err.. I mean lufa any of those models in your avatar.. -_- ... a small sacrifice.. that I would be willing to do for the cause,.. just let me know.........please :D

@phaedo ... this Rep is relly hard to beat for the price..

Nice write up, and a damn fine watch B)

All this talk of colour variations from Breitlings website etc....

What colour genuine did they buy to create this replica? I assume they purchased the genuine blue dial lanikai? Based on the fact that you ordered the blue one yourself :p

Thanks Hike.. looking forward to your Brown dial....

Yes .. I water tested it thoroughly at the risk of my health !!!.. it drizzeld in Kaneohe this morning ... and the Heritage held up under extreme circumstances..... I made it through the parking lot all the way to my vehicle without any problems..haven't shower tested it yet .. I'm fully certified to do any ...err.. I mean lufa any of those models in your avatar.. -_- ... a small sacrifice.. that I would be willing to do for the cause,.. just let me know.........please :D

Ok Lani! Here's your luffa:

luffacolor.jpg

and luffa away:

girlonbeach1024.jpg

Enjoy!

Excellent writeup! :)

This is a watch which sure has grown on me. At first I found it far too non-Breitling in design and too big, but it sure is a classic almost minimalistic design.

The datefont and caseback finish really sets it off! But, it still has a slightly straight "s"... ;)

Wear it well!

I am currently wearing my Heritage. 1st edition.

The only difference I can see compared to the newer version, is that the Super Ocean copy does not line up with the 'A' like the newer version.

Both editions are close to perfect, albiet, the newer model has the correct placement of 'Super Ocean'.

This is the nicest Diver currently available IMO.

With the addition of the rubber, or mesh straps, this watch is close to being the 'PERFECT' rep.

The case size at 46mm, fits most wrist sizes very well, even the sub 7'' wrist size. It is an extremely comfortable watch to wear. Better fit IMO than any of the larger case sizes currently available, i.e., Panerai, BCE, etc.

Buy it...you will like it.

Nice write up, and a damn fine watch B)

All this talk of colour variations from Breitlings website etc....

What colour genuine did they buy to create this replica? I assume they purchased the genuine blue dial lanikai? Based on the fact that you ordered the blue one yourself :p

If a genuine is purchased and there are different colour dials, in which all will be repped and one of them is Blue.. the Blue dial will always be the chosen genuine..

re: there are subtle differences in Blue .. how many times have we seen that the dial does not match the genuine in colour ? the finish of the dial ;;matte.. satin.. glossy .. will alter the colour also .. examples would be the Tag blue .. the Aquatimer Blue.. BCE blue .. CD and Slevin Blue...

Black has many variations also.. black is not "Black".. it could have more brown or red mixed ... when working with Auto Paints... and thinking black is black and white is white ... you would be surprised to discover how many variations to this colours there are.. but it is much easier to "eyeball" those colours than it is Blue..

If you go back a year to the Breitling web site they had a very detailed specs area with all the info you needed to get measurements etc. it has changed somewhat and that info is no longer available.... Ad's are very protective over their literature.. in fact they don't give it out at all.. you have to purchase the timepiece first.. that's like going into a car dealership and not being allowed information until you purchase the car..

I asked about this a year ago and collectors said that they can no longer replicate through pics because it was obvious the web sites are not accurate to the real piece.. why the graphic drawings and not a pic of the actual timepiece ?? this is especially with Breitling.. coupled with the utube release.. there are too many consistencies to think of this as just coincidence.. don't you think ?

And Being in Hawaii .. and the reps coming from China .. I order these at the same time as everyone on the mainland US.. but logistically it will arrive here first... V's CG's were sent from EU coming the opposite direction... Mainland members receive theirs 2 day's before me.. just a matter of logistics..

and again to firm up... this is NOT a V-2 .. 2nd edition.. it is from a different maker and had nothing to do with the other makers Heritage

It was made from the genuine as sample.. and was started the day the genuine was released to the AD.. so I don't want to get into a comparison thread of which is the more accurate rep.. I chose to wait for this maker.. that's all..