When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Funny story I want to share!

Guest CGJ

"How would a 50 yr old janitor who can barely communicate have a 6,000 dollar watch?"

maybe he's an eccentric millionaire...

Check out the guy on RepGeek whose grandfather was allegedly given a Rolex GMT (looks like a five-figure dollar value) as taxi fare by a passenger who had no cash, way back in the 60s/70s.

1440_3361373062303834.jpg

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I woke up tomorrow and was the only person alive on the planet, I would go get an enzo, or McLaren F1, and head to Sebring, stopping at the jewlery store to pick up something for my wrist. Probably just a sea-dweller or something given my current mood.

I would drive that Enzo until the tires fell off, with not a soul to see. Then take a final dip in the ocean with my sea-dweller, all alone.

Then probably shoot myself with a Springfield pro-shop .45, but thats not the point. :lol:

Guest Sql_pl

What an as*hole.

So what was the reason to tell this guy's boss that he had a fake?

Stupid, childish and rude behaviour.

Oh and BTW - which rollie rep do you own?

Edited by Sql_pl

As someone who was born in Massachusetts I feel the need to speak for the state in saying: Please don't believe that everyone from Massachusetts is like this guy.

Going up to someone and laughing at their replica is kind of ironic, seeing as how gen owners laugh at you just as much.

You know, my father always told me "Treat everyone...from the janitors to the president of the company, with respect...it makes life a whole lot easier."

This is from a guy that had zero money growing up, started out as an orderly, worked his way through medical school and got his business degree at night in the late 70's because he had small children and also was helping my mother to pay her tuition at law school. Doctors treated him like [censored] when he was an orderly because...well, he was an orderly. He's now the president of one of the largest health care organizations in Massachusetts and to this day he will still sit down with custodial workers, nurses, etc in the cafe and ask them how their day is going, how did they like that Sox game, how they feel about the Celtics, etc. He isn't condescending, he isn't a self-assured little [censored] that feels the need to call people out because he's a "health insurance salesman" and makes "good money," he treats people exactly as they should be treated. Who the [censored] are you to decide that you are the end all, be all judge of how "great" someone's rep is? And for you to say that bad reps bring down the prestige of Rolex? Haha, clearly the irony is lost on you...not that it surprises me in the least.

I've got your number because I went to business school with people like you... people whose only goal in life was to make a billion dollars and flaunt it in everyone's faces... you guys usually did the worst on tests and group projects and you could never explain theory for [censored]...you couldn't be "bothered" with the trivial details of success... your goal in life was to have the nice watches, the nicest cars, and a nice big house in or around my hometown of Weston. Everyone else ticks and ties, does great work at their internships, and works their way up...not you though, you figure that you're owed something and as such, everyone should get on their knees and pray to you, the almighty Rolex rep wearer... please.

Just stop posting...you literally have no defensible position...there is nothing you can say that will make you seem like less of an ignorant [censored], so please just stop posting.

I would also STRONGLY encourage you to post your story over in TimeZone...tell all the gen owners (including myself) how you were protecting the prestige of our investments... better yet, send a letter to Rolex and tell them of your crusade against the working poor, I'm sure since YOU are the one sending the letter, they'll gladly send you 4-5 brand new Submariners in thanks.

What a [censored].

I just hate low end replicas, because their so numerous it "devalues" the rolex name and prestige associated with it. There really should be regulations on the fakes.

You are [censored]ing hilarious! Now stop posting [censored] like this and start taking your pills again, because to me it seems like you are kind of sick in your head.

Oh and I knew I'd seen you before yapping about how much money you made, etc... A quick stroll through your posts shows that you inquired about purchasing my franken sub....

I kind of wished you had...you see, you walk around that area of Worcester with all that solid gold, maybe someone would have given you the asswhooping you so richly deserve...and to boot, I would have your money...

Life's a [censored] sometimes

@ P4 and yellowman above: Brilliant gents, I agree...

So anyway, This morning I have an appointment with a grocery marker/convenience store owner in Worcester, MA. The place is pretty small, but they have ALOT of business going through it constantly, so the owner makes good money. One of the guys she has working for her is a tall, black man in his 50's, he simply sweeps the floors, cleans the bathrooms for about 8 bucks an hour.

I noticed during her absence he was wearing a pretty nice watch. I checked it out closer and held it to find it was a rolex submariner, two tone. Painfully obvious... ticks once per second, and about half the gold on the bracelet was completely worn off... I pointed out it was a fake not only cuz the gold was out to lunch, but the ticking is similar to a quartz watch. Then I showed him my rep, whcih I passed as a real one and how it ticks about 4-5 times per second. he didnt argue or look angry, I personally think he couldn't understand me.

Later on as Im completing my sale, (my 15th in a row!!) I tell her "you have a guy working here with a fake rolex" She says "oh boy, dont tell him that, he thinks its real! He actually got into an argument with a guy with an expensive watch abotu how his keeps BETTER time."

Another thing to do if you want to be convincing, is make it believable. How would a 50 yr old janitor who can barely communicate have a 6,000 dollar watch? Even with my income, I probably would only have 2 reps, just because people would still get suspicious if they knew I had 5 or 6 really expensive timepieces.

You suck <_<

I didn't find it funny at all, it saddened me. You call this guy out and poke fun at him for wearing a low end rep, yet you think you're better than him? You're wearing a fake too sir, no matter how much you try to convince yourself otherwise, you're still in the same 'bracket' as him.

And I have to agree with the majority of members here, owning a timepiece goes much much beyond the brand name and I would never judge any one based upon what watch they're wearing, or what car they drive. Personality of a person goes much beyond these things.

That is the silliest thing I have ever heard. What is the point of an ULTRA-expensive piece of jewelry or wristwatch that costs more than MOST CARS if people don't see it or notice it? its pointless. And a $30 walmart piece would be adequate.

Furthermore, over the years and having met with literally thousands of people, I say a book CAN be judged by its cover, and I'm never wrong when it comes to that.

Wow, you are white trash aren't you.

I don't understand how this guy can be so f*ucking clueless as to how his actions are were going to be perceived. He actually thought we were going to cheer him on for calling out a poor working immigrant while trying to make himself feel like the BIG MAN.

Let me echo the sentiments before me:

YOU ARE AN AS*SHOLE POSER!!! It's people like you that make the world a sh*tty place to live in. Grow some decency !!!!

(OK...I'm done. Just had to vent)

Why, exactly, did you pass your fake as real while you unnecessarily called this poor man out?

May I ask how old you are?

Exactly!!! Poor guy <_<

You guys are taking this far too seriously. Nonetheless, this will be my last post. Everything I'm about to type is true and if you don't care, than simply don't read or comment on it.

I am in fact 26 years old, and am college educated with a bachelors degree and two associates degrees. I only have those due to my father passing in 1985 which allowed my mother to set up a trust fund for my education. In any case, I am in no way self-made on the subject of schooling.

Fast forward to now. Someone said something along the lines of "If I were your manager I would fire you etc." Right. Of course. Ive been with company for 3 years now and have worked my way up to being the 19th highest producing insurance salesman in a company of roughly 1,200 people. I am indispensable and therefore my arrogance and attitude are tolerated. I am exceptionally good at what i do and do NOT overrate myself. I never use the term "help" or "care" when referring to a client. I feel it's degrading and just outright fake. I'm there to provide a professional service, make honest business sense (which I do), and make an income. Also of note is that I feel many people buy insurance from me only because they like me, something I've never been able to understand.

This year so far (yes, I know, its pointless to mention) I have made $82,000 in the first 6 months, and am on pace to make around 180-200K for the 2008 year. That is factual and evident of skill, although I understand there are certainly people with a higher income level than mine, I am in the top 2-3% and there is no disputing that.

I do not own a house. I am presently renting a luxury apartment and finishing a land deal near my parents house to start building a house within a year. Onto cars, someone said "I bet you drive cars that are financed so heavily you cannot afford them. Not so. I have a 2006 Corolla which is paid off (I did not pay in cash because my credit score was so high it did not save me enough money to validate the dropping of a large sum) and I also own a 1992 Lexus SC400 which I purchased at the age of 19. Neither car is truly extravagant.

Everything in this particular post is true. I'm not defending myself, simply filling a blank spot: That is who I am. I wish you all well in whatever you do, regardless of what any of you have said to me today.

What a pathetic story. You may be a good salesman, but hopefully you will gain some empathy, perspective and a lot of maturity before you ever manage anybody. Your perspective now says a lot about you, but you just don't get it.

Rogerwine

Wow this thread has some serious issues... and shame on you sir. I was at the Red Sox game last night when the guy next to me saw my gen sub and said "nice watch"... I looked on his wrist and he had a rep Pam 111H... I didn't say to the other guy next to me... "well that isn't real b/c of the low cannon pin, crown lever.. blah blah" I simply smiled and said "thanks, you got a beauty there too." For you to sit here and throw dollar figures out and talk about how much money you make is both sad and pathetic... and to sit here and tell us how you passed your rep off as a gen and picked on this poor guy really shows the type of person you are... you must be good at fooling people otherwise no one would buy anything from such a jerk...

You're not a good salesman. Period.

I have doubts about the majority of your story (There's no way that all 1,200 people in your company are salespeople and therefore your statistic is probably misleading... ), but nonetheless, nothing you posted excuses you for being a d0uchebag. And don't worry, people like you have a habit of attaining a certain rank in a company and staying there...never making management, never becoming leaders for one simple reason... you don't have what it takes.

In the Northeast, 180K is not "Top 2-3%." There is disputing that. If you'd like to include Uganda and Palestine, etc., then yes, you may be in the top 2-3% of the world's income earners, depending on whose stats you trust. By the same token, many people making the median income of around 50K in the US are in the top 70-8_0% of world wage earners. If you have to ask or check, you're most likely not in the highest tier...

I like how you have standards about not using "care" or anything like that with clients because it's "fake"... seems that word comes up a lot when describing you eh...how about that watch pal?

If one thing is true about insurance companies it is this: On the whole, the insurance industry in America has never lost money. Ever. Even during the Great Depression. If your company has 1,200 people, even if you're making a few million in gross sales per year, you are dispensable...all you have to do is [censored] off your boss just enough and he'll be out looking for the next young eager kid looking to buy that Submariner... people like you are a dime a dozen, especially at 26 years old. You are replaceable. Most of us are. Two young kids fresh out of college...pay them each 90k a year and they'll probably make the same amount of sales you did (if not more) at around the same cost. To say otherwise is ignorant and foolish, but again, your personality has already prepared us for statements like that.

I do like the fact that you mention that you can't understand why people like you...it's refreshing to know that even you yourself claim to know you're an [censored]

I'm glad that you are impressed with yourself. That means you've got at least one fan, right? The self confidence will come in handy in a few years when there are 60 new sales guys who don't give two shits about you looking to snatch up your clients...

But hey, regardless of what you posted...you're still a douche for what you did to that guy.

You guys are taking this far too seriously. Nonetheless, this will be my last post. Everything I'm about to type is true and if you don't care, than simply don't read or comment on it.

I am in fact 26 years old, and am college educated with a bachelors degree and two associates degrees. I only have those due to my father passing in 1985 which allowed my mother to set up a trust fund for my education. In any case, I am in no way self-made on the subject of schooling.

Fast forward to now. Someone said something along the lines of "If I were your manager I would fire you etc." Right. Of course. Ive been with company for 3 years now and have worked my way up to being the 19th highest producing insurance salesman in a company of roughly 1,200 people. I am indispensable and therefore my arrogance and attitude are tolerated. I am exceptionally good at what i do and do NOT overrate myself. I never use the term "help" or "care" when referring to a client. I feel it's degrading and just outright fake. I'm there to provide a professional service, make honest business sense (which I do), and make an income. Also of note is that I feel many people buy insurance from me only because they like me, something I've never been able to understand.

This year so far (yes, I know, its pointless to mention) I have made $82,000 in the first 6 months, and am on pace to make around 180-200K for the 2008 year. That is factual and evident of skill, although I understand there are certainly people with a higher income level than mine, I am in the top 2-3% and there is no disputing that.

I do not own a house. I am presently renting a luxury apartment and finishing a land deal near my parents house to start building a house within a year. Onto cars, someone said "I bet you drive cars that are financed so heavily you cannot afford them. Not so. I have a 2006 Corolla which is paid off (I did not pay in cash because my credit score was so high it did not save me enough money to validate the dropping of a large sum) and I also own a 1992 Lexus SC400 which I purchased at the age of 19. Neither car is truly extravagant.

Everything in this particular post is true. I'm not defending myself, simply filling a blank spot: That is who I am. I wish you all well in whatever you do, regardless of what any of you have said to me today.

You forgot "...and all the chicks dig me".

POOP ON YOU!!!

:horse:

:rule: <- That's you.

(My wife keeps telling me I need to grow up...I have no idea why she thinks this??)

OMG, Jetmid has returned :p

Small potatoes in New York my friend. And yes it's totally pointless to mention. We are not impressed. Take your replicas to your local T*itty bar" and try to impress the strippers there. Your BS does not fly around here.

this will be my last post.

Or be the big man you came here to be and Pony up some pics of your A+++ Swiss TT sub. From there, sit back and watch the expertise on this board teach you things that Montres Rolex S.A would be hard pressed to do, with two weeks and a panel of certified experts. You won't!

No one cares about you or how much you make, just like all the people you can't muster up the balls to say you "care" about in your job, because its painfully obvious you lack the humility required to succeed in life, no matter how many degree's you say you've earned.