When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I called my local AD today...

Stephane

Hi all,

I think you're going to love this one.

After waiting for three months, I decided to call the AD today to see if there was a chance my SeaDweller was coming back home soon.

- Me: Good morning, I'm calling to know if my watch is ready!

- AD Employee1: Let me check that for you Sir. Can you please give me the reference number.- Me: blabla

- AD Employee1: I'll check it right away with my collegue.

- AD Employee1: Sir, it's not back yet....but it shouldn't take long now. Oh, hold on my collegue wants to speak to you.

- AD Employee2: Good morning Sir. We were waiting for you call back to confirm your desire to have the watch serviced. I see here that in May my female collegue wrote "will think it over and call back!"

- Me: Indeed I got a call in may with an offer for the service and an offer for a spare bracelet. I said yes for the service and no for the bracelet.

- AD Employee2: Oh, then there is a huge confusion, I'm terribly sorry.

- Me: Do you mean the watch is not even at Rolex?

- AD Employee2: oh yes it is but they wait for us to tell them what to do with it.

- Me: ok, so, what can we do, I miss my 16600 very much.

- AD Employee2: Usualy it takes 8 weeks for Rolex to service the watch and send it back. I'll call them next tuesday (monday is holiday here) and will call you back.

I'll try my best to have it done in emergency.

- Me: Thanks, we'll speak on tuesday then. Have a nice week-end.

- AD Employee2: you too Sir.

How do you like that ?!

The only good news is that it will not take as long as my friend's Breitling wich was sent last december :o

Cheers

Stephane

My16600_800_43.jpg

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE

Hi Guys,

A little update with the Sea Dweller Saga...:surrender:

Last week I got a call and the AD told me Rolex had promised to do it as a total priority.

I can pick it up on august 8th.

So, of course, I was quite satisfied... :brow:

BUT

Today my cell phone rang and the AD asked me some questions again:

"Sir, you wanted a service but what do we do with the spare bracelet?"

My god, I already told them twice I didn't want a spare bracelet. :busted_cop:

"Ok Sir, but about the service. You asked to NOT polish it, right?"

Yes I did... :clown:

"Well it is polished, I'm sorry, Rolex was too fast and they started with the polishing!"

Why did they do that? :shock:

"Obviously, the watch has been polished before and not by an official Rolex Service Center. So the shape wasn't right. :crazy: "

Ok, listen, there is nothing I can do now, so let's continue the service anyway.

"Thanks for your understanding Sir."

I was about to ask the guy:

So what is wrong with the shape: was it the CGs, the lugs ? .... :confused:

Because I know some great modders personaly. You might have heard about MM, Tribal, Kelster, Taka or Ziggy .... :rofl:

Anyway, it's coming back soon :wub:

Cheers

Stephane

I whaited 5 months for my emergency and if i woud service my jlc they gave me time frame of 4months minnimum :o lol a regular movment from jlc you shoud think a AD coud do a simpel service on it :p

I feel your pain on missing the watch, i missed my emergency so bad but now its back all shiny and nice :wub:

Ouch! I feel for you...

I dropped mine off to the Rolex Service Center when I was in Taiwan this past Spring. Took them 15-days and my Exp 2 looks like new!

The best $350 that I've spent in a loooooong time...Good luck to you and remember the wait will be worth it!

thats rediculous. I would demand they send it back overnight express and have it serviced somewhere else. I am sure you can find a good watch maker to service it for you locally for half the price and perform the same quality of service.

Omega took a month to get me my SMP back...from two states away...interestingly enough, it only took them 2 weeks to get me my watch back from Switzerland... go figure.

The Omega service center in New Jersey is absolutely awful. Nothing about that surprises me.

Hello stephane, did you asked to polish it too?

My AD doesn't service the watch without polishing it, and it's a pity unless it's necessary

Hi w.genzo: I asked for a service of the mvt and stated DO NO POLISH IT.

They looked at me like if I came from Mars :rolleyes:

Now, whit all the mess I have no idea how the watch is going to come back ...probably polished.

I'll have to scratch it all over again, which will be a pleasure :D

thats rediculous. I would demand they send it back overnight express and have it serviced somewhere else. I am sure you can find a good watch maker to service it for you locally for half the price and perform the same quality of service.

If only Ziggy came to Europe, I would do that :wounded1:

Last time I asked to a "local" watchmaker to fix a crystal it costed 35 euros for a 5 minute job.

I do not trust strangers, I only trust people from this community or the RSC.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

A little update with the Sea Dweller Saga...:surrender:

Last week I got a call and the AD told me Rolex had promised to do it as a total priority.

I can pick it up on august 8th.

So, of course, I was quite satisfied... :brow:

BUT

Today my cell phone rang and the AD asked me some questions again:

"Sir, you wanted a service but what do we do with the spare bracelet?"

My god, I already told them twice I didn't want a spare bracelet. :busted_cop:

"Ok Sir, but about the service. You asked to NOT polish it, right?"

Yes I did... :clown:

"Well it is polished, I'm sorry, Rolex was too fast and they started with the polishing!"

Why did they do that? :shock:

"Obviously, the watch has been polished before and not by an official Rolex Service Center. So the shape wasn't right. :crazy: "

Ok, listen, there is nothing I can do now, so let's continue the service anyway.

"Thanks for your understanding Sir."

Because I know some great modders personaly. You might have heard about MM, Tribal, Kelster, Taka or Ziggy .... :rofl:

Anyway, it's coming back soon :wub:

Cheers

Stephane

Because I know some great modders personaly. You might have heard about MM, Tribal, Kelster, Taka or The Zigmeister .... :rofl:

LOL! :D

I hope they didn't screwed up something! :angry:

Keep us updated ;)

ohhh - what a story !

but the good news - the watch will look like new - they really know how to polish ;)

cant wait to see some pics of your new SD :)

Frank

Yes for shure it will look like new.

I think you remember my Tudor and it was horrible

before service and polishing.

They do a damn good job but it takes time.

If I where you I would change the AD ;)

Great to see the Gen brand of all gen brands not bothering to listen to their customer, and get the order wrong whilst charging the earth and taking months to do simple work. A good enough reason to stick with reps. I had a similar issue with my gen Omega Speedmaster, or Swatch Speedmaster as it should really be known. Put me off gens straight away.

Reps might not be 100% same quality but at least you can wear it rather than have it on a shelf somewhere in Swiss Cheese Land. I'm keeping my eyes on the Euromariner 2008.

Edited by TommyB