When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What Is and Why the Euromariner?

EuroTimez

I must say that in Iceberg's comparison photo, the noob looks good. However, the key thing about the Euromariner (and the new MBK and WM9) is the correct bezel construction. The noob's bezel is slightly smaller than a gen and anyone who has wrestled with an insert- filing down the edges to make it fit the noob bezel knows what a bitch it can be. And trying to remove the noob bezel can drive you crazy. It's definitely the weak link in the noob.

Sure the cg's on the Euromariner need to be trimmed, noob's could use a slight trim also, albeit less. Crown and tube on a noob are still wrong- Euro has the copy crown and tube- like the SSD.

When you compare a noob side by side w/ a gen, you can can see the slight difference- the gen is bigger, not much, maybe .2mm, but it is bigger. The Euro/MBK/WM9 should all solve that problem. Like w.genzo, I look forward to the Euro w/o the rehaut engraving- I think it will be a great watch, just get me the sandpaper so I can file down those cg's.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's also worth the extra cash, knowing that EuroTimez does QC on the watches :good:

...eh so do most noobmariner/nymphomariner dealers.

I guess the euromariner is for people with money who can't accept when something is "good enough". I'm happy spending my $98 on a near-perfect sub and then using the remaining $375 for an/other watche(s) but I guess if you just absolutely must have the correct date mag to such inhumanly close standards then there you go.... you now have an option! ^_^

Pricey?!

Well it is the "CHEAPEST" MBK-based modded, fully inspected watch that is ever brought out in history. ---FACT---

(keywords: Cheapest MBK based, MBK, MODDED, FULLY INSPECTED)

The MBK case submariner with less accurate dial with genuine ETA movement = 400 usd -fully inspected-. (wrong DW, less accurate Dial, too big datemag. lesser solid midlink bracelet)

The Euromariner which beats the hell out of the MBK submariner starts at 275 usd, which all of the above with DG 2813 (21.6k) movement.

275usd and it's modded from 2 watches into 1 perfect euromariner. So IMHO it is not that bad. Again it is MODDED and FULLY INSPECTED.

If you wish you can change it to an DG4813 (28.8k movement) we provide this movement (DIY install youself) for only +25 usd, so you could technically own 28.8k Euromariner at 300 usd (with MBK case and spare 2813 movement). Advantage if movement breaks down etc, replace it like battery, movements are very affordable and can get everywhere so you're not dependant on the dealer.

Or if you know how to mod you can place your own ETA movement inside but the dial-feet and hands won't fit so you need some modding skills.

Or if you want to go extravangant go for ETA option, which is 475, again actually only 75 usd more than the standard MBK submariner at 400usd option (with the flaws listed above).

For all noobs MBK is expensive far more expensive then Chinese reps, and will always be EXPENSIVE so.... what can I do? Do volunteer-work :p I'm a dealer for pete sake!

I'm suppose to make money :) lol... just kidding guys but I think you get the picture....

besides it is cheaper than WM9 (+/- 575) and it is better too IMO (same reasons as MBK submariner).

Nice thing to keep in mind, put in a genuine bezel-insert and shave the CG and your good to GO! We leave you plenty of room to play around... what fun would it be if there wasn't anything else You the buyer could do.

Edited by EuroTimez

Hi Manuel,

Nice to see you again my friend.

Only thing I can say is.... VERY SOON! :)

---I received a date of completion at least 3x but with rep factories and the underground rep-world we're in nothing can be 100% sure---

The latest word (yesterday) is that cases (non-engraved lugholes, and just non-engraved) are ready just the engravings are going to be done and we need to have a nice 6 digit nr (any suggestions guys?) F or Y serial I was told.

I got stock in EU btw for the Euromariners DG with engravings for european members like yourself Manuel :)

The Engravings they really look nice in Real-Life tho, even the hardcore anti-engravings guys :p like By-Tor and Kelster mentioned that it looked didn't look FUGLY in real life, its just the Pics that are zoomed in like that.

I personally kind of like it as its modern and barely notice it while wearing mine.

Edited by EuroTimez

Oh, i can't wait anymore :) I check my mailbox @ home everyday waiting for my new Euromariner with ETA movement.. Chris is the most professional dealer i have dealt or talked with, so far... and maybe the 475$ seem to be a lot of money compared to the 100 for a noob but come on guys ... it is probably the first time we know exactly that we really get what we are told we are getting, by a rep dealer . I mean, Chris says ETA, it is ETA as other members reassured here (i will check myself as well:P)

Plus.. a small detail that i cannot understand why everyone ignores: The noob is smaller than the gen and that is very noticeable.... (and can be embarassing... u know what i mean..)

This may be a dumb question for Chris, but if you are essentially custom building these, why can't the DG4813 be installed at the factory?

I am very interested in this watch when the no-rehaut version is done, but since I have no movement swapping skills I will probably end up having to go with your ETA version.

It would be much more fun to have a pre-installed DG4813 at $300 and spend the other $175 (vs the ETA price) on some of the gen parts that will fit. Just a thought ... :D

Folks,

Regardless of how it's labled, the euromariner/wm9/whatever is a damn good watch. I love mine to death; and I'm not even a huge modern Sub fan to begin with!

None the less, simply being able to fit gen parts is the icing on the cake, especially for folks who enjoy modding. My project has been a fun experience thus far; sure it's not perfect out of the box, but that's what makes it great in my opinion. There's room to improve and add your own touch!

IMG_0686.jpg

IMG_0742.jpg

IMG_0743.jpg

IMG_0602.jpg

IMG_1579.jpg

Thanks, HD!

:)

Maybe when it's finished, I might consider... But by then, it might be too late! I may have fallen in love with it and decide to give it a permanent home :)

Just a few more pics... I LOVE that gen parts fit without any hassle! I must admit that sanding down those gen inserts to fit the rep bezels was among my least favorite things to do. Not so much because of the sanding, but more because it was ruining a perfectly nice part. With this model... Not even a concern any longer...

IMG_2052a.jpg

IMG_2192.jpg

IMG_2184.jpg

IMG_2222.jpg

IMG_2228.jpg

I see discussion moves on ;)

@ Ubi yours looks great, fantastic job as allways.

Come on guys this is the first time we can get

a Sub with gen bezel assembly that's a huge

improvement for me.

We discussed the Rehaut fault on Subs to death,

on this one its perfect in my opinion.

That we can fit gen parts easily is also an improvement.

The engraved Rehaut bothers me also but I can say its

no much visible with naked Eye.

When I get the new Cases with non engraved Rehaut, I wil make a new Review

with fitting the Gen Parts.

Keep you updated soon.

Ubi - i agree its lovely and there is no doubt about that. However if im spending $400 on a watch like this i'd prefer to be safe in the know the it doesnt say 'poley' in the caseback, it just seems a shame thats all.

Don't get me wrong as im looking to buy one myself, who sees inside anyway, just a bit gutted.

Which one is yours as i can only see the one with the engravings on the site and i'd prefer not to have them!

Cheers