When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Week Wrist Check

By-Tor

I just received my first brand new replica watch in 10 months... and what an absolute STUNNER it is! :wub:

IMG_0185.jpg

By-Tor, that Ebel is amazing! Have you had time to compare it to the gen? It seems to be really true to the gen, judging by pictures at least. I also like the black dial version, Silix doesn't seem to have it with the SS bracelet though =(

Btw, I only found this site couple days ago and I've learned so much, really great resource! Your reviews and rep comparision guides are simply great and very informative, thank you. I've got the feeling this rep-business is gonna be a serious addiction for me =)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Btw, I only found this site couple days ago and I've learned so much, really great resource! Your reviews and rep comparision guides are simply great and very informative, thank you. I've got the feeling this rep-business is gonna be a serious addiction for me =)

Welcome to the sickness 801run

Apparently, well worth the wait, too. By-Tor, that is a FINE lookin' watch, my friend. :good:

Nothing new at this end

sub_pc20161.jpg

Go Freddy. I'm all over that retro-sub with the floppies...

You should have pulled out some of the BIG floppies for photo.

@BT...yup...I like that Ebel more and more I see it

@UB...your gen Skyland rocks.

@BT: lovin' that discovery man, want one already.

@ubi: I'd take a tudor sub over *almost* any submariner in a heartbeat, nice piece!

@Dani: temped to pull the antenna out?... let us know if you do! (j/k) :rolleyes:

@toomuchgear: those vintage MM are pulling me seriously to start looking for a mini fiddy... I just couldn't wear a 47mm... but trying to keep away from a vintage pannie, even though imaging it with a very heavily distressed vintage leather... mmmhhhh, makes me vintage hungry.

today I've been wearing my Deltick 005, on a TC marina strap bought from Rolli quite some time ago.

Pics taken with the phone camera during a short braek at work.

post-850-1219722992_thumb.jpg

post-850-1219723018_thumb.jpg

off to bed, bye!

Chino.

Go Freddy. I'm all over that retro-sub with the floppies...

You should have pulled out some of the BIG floppies for photo.

The floppies are not there for effect. I have spent the past 3 days hunched over an ailing computer trying to rebuild its Windows registry using every old PC-builders' tool I have. Believe me, if I was doing the retro-thing, I would have pulled out the old Microsoft Windows/286 5.25 inchers.

okey... I was wrong!!.

I thought that all the talk about the avenger was just talk.. sure its probably a nice rep but how good could it be..and for a price under $300 ..

i was wrong, dead wrong..the watch is absolutely fantastic and in my opinion it outtakes everything i've seen so far, even the BCE which was my earlier favorite.

It also throw my brand new AP rubberclad off my wrist which I planned to wear all week..

..a quick pic on the balcony ..

thanx,

- tazz

avenger_8.jpg

btw..if the rep-AR continues to be this good it will take Jakub out of business..not good for my friend.. ;)

avenger_13.jpg

- tazz

Edited by tazzman

How large is your wrist, tazz? I'm afraid the Avenger would be too big for my 17 cm :(

okey... I was wrong!!.

I thought that all the talk about the avenger was just talk.. sure its probably a nice rep but how good could it be..and for a price under $300 ..

i was wrong, dead wrong..the watch is absolutely fantastic and in my opinion it outtakes everything i've seen so far, even the BCE which was my earlier favorite.

It also throw my brand new AP rubberclad off my wrist which I planned to wear all week..

..a quick pic on the balcony ..

thanx,

- tazz

avenger_8.jpg

btw..if the rep-AR continues to be this good it will take Jakub out of business..not good for my friend.. ;)

avenger_13.jpg

- tazz

The floppies are not there for effect. I have spent the past 3 days hunched over an ailing computer trying to rebuild its Windows registry using every old PC-builders' tool I have. Believe me, if I was doing the retro-thing, I would have pulled out the old Microsoft Windows/286 5.25 inchers.

Nice...it wasn't until fairly recently, that I finally ditched my OS/2 disks. End of an era.

I'm thinking of doing that Vintage Sub thing...or possibly a 1655 project, but I'm not sure if want to venture down that long path of sourcing, and modding, etc.

I headed over to the AD at the Eaton's Centre in Toronto to find out that it's closed for awhile for big renovations, so I didn't get a chance to try on the Skyland and see how big it looks on my wrist. Many of the wrist shots (BT and Lani of course are DEFINITE exceptions) seem to make the Skyland like a huge puck on the wrist.

Many of the wrist shots (BT and Lani of course are DEFINITE exceptions) seem to make the Skyland like a huge puck on the wrist.

Like most Breitlands, to me, they all look like pucks with (to paraphrase a line from 'Amadeus') too many features.

I recently threw out my set of OS/2 installation floppies. As I recall, it required 30 or 40 of them to install the full OS package (back in the days when CD-ROM drives were still a relatively rare commodity).