When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A very special Birthday wish

KB

Thanks guys. The wife has taken me thro to Edinburgh for the weekend and we spent the first minutes of my bday enduring a fire alarm at our posh hotel out on the pavement at midnight. The result of which was that I couldn't get off to sleep when we got back to our room so I now feel like sh*t. Roll on 60!

Ken - the main reason I am back is the friendship extended by you, Alan, Thomas and many others. Many thanks to you all.

John

"I hope I die before I get old........."

:D

You have me beat to 50 by a few short months John, post how it goes in a few weeks so I'll know if I should stop ageing, or not.

Actually, they say 50 is the new 40, so, if you think linearly, you are younger than the board median. So you have that going for you. Which is nice.

Personally speaking; I've always maintained you are as young as the noise coming from the amplifier.

"Dems? Are you always going to play that God aweful rock?"

Yes.

"Don't you want to expand your tastes, perhaps take a few lessons and improve?"

No.

Cheers!

Well, she who must be obeyed is taking me out to a mystery restaurant for some fine Caledonian cuisine. As long as they take the antlers off it first!

@ Dems - I've been asked to tread the boards again at a charity concert in March and so I'm starting to put some thought towards a set list. First one penned in is "Can't Explain". We used to kick off our gigs with that one back in the day and it always got a great reception. Who knows ...I may get the gig bug again. Time to dust that Strat down and rework some of my songs (given that most are now 20+ years old). Will keep you posted on progress.

@ all - this 50 lark might not be so bad after all. Many thanks again for your kind wishes. I've been blazing out "Sunshine on Leith" by The Proclaimers on my iPod. I dedicate it to you all. You guys are the best.

Slainte Mhath!

JTB