When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Where's TTK?

Capt

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, he was missed anyway, even though he was still feckin' here all along

Yea...but I wasn't here "all along", as I took a few months off. I had a philosophical difference with some folks round these parts and as a small protest on my part had all my posts and records erased. Admin smoothed over my wounds and TT even offered to bring my old account completely back, but I thought why bother. I still visit here from time to time. Not alot of time to post on the boards, as 6 months ago, I had over 100 fellow employees in the building- today it's less than 30 people. Feel blessed to still be employed, but damn it's been tough.

Couple of people who had my number phoned me and asked me where I was and a few more mailed me at another board, but to most I was just that prickk who banned a few people at TRC. Thanks for asking tho B)

Timm

Think this oldtimer will add to the 17 pages. TTK (Neil) was well tolerated when the forums were small and dealers were scare, but with the advent of the forum(s) population explosion and more choices (dealers) to pick from, that tends to also multiply and magnify any problems. Questionable behavior and business practices that were once tolerated were no longer, to keep a machine running smoothly you will tend to replace the worn out parts that are making the thing run rough. Different forum(s) era now requires different behavior.

but to most I was just that prickk who banned a few people at TRC.

Actually I'm sure that if a poll was done you would have rated as the most respected moderator of all the forums.

Good to see you are still with us in some manner if not as your recognized handle Timm.

Ken

Actually I'm sure that if a poll was done you would have rated as the most respected moderator of all the forums.

Good to see you are still with us in some manner if not as your recognized handle Timm.

Ken

Mega dittos!

The 'Star' avatar was like a porch light on......................

The 'Star' avatar was like a porch light on......................

Perfect Dems...

I feel bad that it was my fall-out with Neil and the way it was handled that ran Timm off...

Or at the very least was the final straw...

I truly hope that one day he'll put that behind us and reengage in the community...

We'd all certainly be better off...

Mike

I feel bad that it was my fall-out with Neil and the way it was handled that ran Timm off...

I figured as much. It is known that Timm and Neil had bonded in the 'early' days of the boards, perhaps even before TRC. That is not to say that 'Star' was 'TTK' 's back pocket. I remember an open episode where Timm's own son was at loggerheads with TTK over issues, and he posted the usual concerns (spelled; rant) with regard; mirroring what others have said in this, and countless other threads about TTK. Timm backed the general concensus of the board putting his Admin. responsibility above a 'friendship', at least publicly, then fearing he would fall from TTK's grace too. That says a lot. I certainly have no background in TTK's banning here, as I wasn't registered, but having been @ TRC when he was similarly banned there, I could easily write the script. The fact that Timm took umbrage for a friend in the light of obvious shortcomings says more. More than crummy fake watches.

I dunno. I just tip toed around TTK. I never called him 'Neil'. He trolled me quite a bit back @ RWG when RWG2 was formed. It was great. I think his taunts on the behalf of RWG2 were a great impetus to why I stayed the duration there. Then again, I like chewing tin foil. So.

Personally, when I am at a loss for understanding I just demure to the judgement of those whom I do understand or respect. TTK? An enigma. Supported by many, the least of which are not 'Star', 'Omni', 'robertk' others. So, and still, I just ordered all my watches from Eddie Lee, and Joshua :lol:

One thing tho'; his presence and modus operandi made for great practical experience for the noobs. Any noob that kicked in the door on a Saturday evening and ordered a watch from TTK on Sunday morning because of 'pretty pictures', and then bemoaned the fact after doing 'post sale' due diligence searching keyword: 'TTK', perhaps to the point where he got burned, got a trial by fire about why these great boards exist; pick your dealer, then pick your watch.

Edited by Demsey

Aaaah, Dems, your right. I liked TTK....warts and all. I bought maybe 8 watches and never had a problem. Lucky, I guess. But I finally got fed up with his treatment of customers. I stopped buying awhile ago and he continued downhill at a faster and faster rate. He truly is an enigma. In the early days he was a total collector and could save a noob's ass. He knew rep history like no other. I have to admit that his rants were, for me, a guilty pleasure. He sure knew how to use the language to his advantage. I pitied those who went up against him, and secretly enjoyed the action.

Somewhere along the way, he lost it. Too bad.

A lot of water under the bridge here on this thread.

Gotta think that 'Neil' is reveling in his banishment.

Never seemed like he needed the dough he made in rep sales...he was in it for the glory only.

He didn't like it very much when after his banning here was reported, I mentioned that 'he would miss us more than we would miss him'.

The good ol days of flaming at TRC were always humorous, but somehow pathetic at the same time.

I am quite sure he is reading this thread as it is written, and loving every minute of it.

I remember a lot of the TTK's post.

he was always......... writing......with a lot of.........spaces in his respones....... which was normally..

" If you don't like me, the way i do things, the speed at which I send it, how I choose to send it, when i get round to it and if you dare ever question me then get lost - find another dealer if you think you can because they won't be as good as me anyway and if you try to PM me I'll ignore you.

(" Hey good deal on Noob Sub " )

• 1 month later...