When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Where's TTK?

Capt

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What exactly did he do to get banned? I read one of the long threads and all I know is that he had eye problems and was going blind. Was that a lie?

It is a sad story actually. TTK was once one of the most passionate and respected collectors amongst the ranks. But his poor communication over delivery issues led to an uprising that caused many of the forums to take action. Taking action brought out his more colorful side - in essence he threatened the boss :irvine:

Other than that, he was surely, witty (albeit mostly plagiarized) and turned on most of his friends in the forums at one time or another B)

It is a sad story actually. TTK was once one of the most passionate and respected collectors amongst the ranks. But his poor communication over delivery issues led to an uprising that caused many of the forums to take action. Taking action brought out his more colorful side - in essence he threatened the boss :irvine:

Other than that, he was surely, witty (albeit mostly plagiarized) and turned on most of his friends in the forums at one time or another B)

I kind of got that through that long post that was closed.

How did he threaten the Admin?

Also, is he really banned from RepGeek? It's funny cause theres people there that back him up 100% and even respect his delay in shipments by stating that "he delivers the goods".

I believe RG has not been allowing TTK to post anything new until all his old delivery woes are sorted out.

And I also believe that if you check his membership status, he doesn't exist, so little chance to PM him! :rolleyes:

Maybe Skype or email may get a response....if you are a buyer!

Offshore

I had done some business with him in the past and he came through. I had also been scammed by someone overseas and TTK did some kind of investigating and located the person and the organization he was associated with, threatened to expose something and the organization sent me the money back.

All that was at least two years ago. I hadn't been collecting in a while and when he sent the notice about a Deep SeaDweller I went for it. Well you know what happens from here.

I sit and wait :(

Shoulda checked here before ordering :bangin:

I had done some business with him in the past and he came through. I had also been scammed by someone overseas and TTK did some kind of investigating and located the person and the organization he was associated with, threatened to expose something and the organization sent me the money back.

All that was at least two years ago. I hadn't been collecting in a while and when he sent the notice about a Deep SeaDweller I went for it. Well you know what happens from here.

I sit and wait :(

Shoulda checked here before ordering :bangin:

Hey....you never know! I'm still waiting for my Double Red and a Classic Sub!..........for over a year now......... <_< one of these days! I just wish I bumped into him in Pattaya last month!

What exactly did he do to get banned? I read one of the long threads and all I know is that he had eye problems and was going blind. Was that a lie?

The condition he mentioned, blepharitis, almost never leads to blindness. Sufferers are advised to apply their ointments prior to going to bed at night, rather than during the day, to avoid the rather obvious hinderance to vision it would cause (and which he claimed as a reason for not being online for long. It should be noted that he was online long enough to transact fresh business, if not to deal with existing customer concerns...)

While what he said was strictly speaking likely not a lie, it was certainly exaggerating and stretching the truth to the absolute breaking point in a bid to gain sympathy...

The only thing which really matters here, is that TTK made extremely unpleasant comments to people, and was nothing more than an obnoxious cyber-bully. The community has only improved since his absence. The fact he has now been banned from the four major watch forums says all that needs to be said about him.

The fact he has now been banned from the four major watch forums says all that needs to be said about him.

True this, but presently @ 2 pages, this thread is way short of the 17 page modicum required for a 'TTK' thread.

Towit, I certainly would never order a watch from him and not expect the routine, though it has always been fodder for a 'replica watch daydream', the experience, but would surely want him in my fox hole with the sh*te falling all around.

And I never said I wouldn't go fishing with the man.

True this, but presently @ 2 pages, this thread is way short of the 17 page modicum required for a 'TTK' thread.

Towit, I certainly would never order a watch from him and not expect the routine, though it has always been fodder for a 'replica watch daydream', the experience, but would surely want him in my fox hole with the sh*te falling all around.

And I never said I wouldn't go fishing with the man.

Plenty of time for it to get to that size eventually :lol:

I guess it's all a matter of personal opinions, and I've read before how people would say that 'off forum', he was a really nice guy, but as far as I'm concerned, the way he conducted himself on forum was just as important, and to me, someone who threatens to put "Fake Rolex Watch" (or something like it) on someone's parcel out of spite, just to ensure customs seize it... Well, that's certainly not someone I'd do business with or want in my corner, as the past has proven that TTK had no hesitation in turning on his friends. As I've said before, good riddance to bad rubbish. I hope he's having a great time in Thailand with all the beer and hookers folks money pays for :good:

Well, those were the good old days! I'm pretty sure where ever she is, she's doing good! She added flavor to RWG! TTK was the Hot Spice!

VB decided to take a step back from online for a bit....

Na - only kidding!! :lol::lol: :lol:

What happened was that they invented something called 'Twitter'.... :p

hxxp://twitter.com/vbspurs

hxxp://futuremd.blogspot.com/

Back on topic. What happen with TTK was indeed sad. It was as much a case of broken friendships and burned bridges - he had good friends here and turned on them with some venom and it went pear-shaped.

One particular shame from the fallout was the later departure from here of Star - he was a good guy, and of course one of the Admin team over at TRC.