When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My first attempt to post photos on TZ

By-Tor

Nice looking watch, and a shame about the post about it. But just to play devils advocate, although there was no intention to sell it in the post, just a picture to show off, I wonder given the different username whether the guy that made the post wasn't making it because he thought the pic may have been stolen - and thought he had better make the post because some guy has stolen By-Tors picture? Just putting it out there, but I feel for you having to go through that in the first place. We are all watch people first and foremost, after all.

Actually this is a bit sad, a guy like BT should be free to post anywhere he wants (gen and rep) as his pic's and reviews benefit all, yet he is unfortunately branded by his involvement here and there will always be someone who either deliberately or through thoughtlessness out's him on gen boards.

Ken

I agree Ken. Very sad. I also think they just might be

jealous of our wonderful BT ? ;)

BT, You sure do not deserve this.... -_-

MM

I think there more tz or other gen forum snobs browsing these rep forums on a rregular basis than there are rep posters going to the gen forums on a regular basis

Fact is this forum and the other rep forums are more active and much more informative

In short this creates jealously

We enjoy you pictures by-tor keep posting them over here and screw tz they don't deserve you

But just to play devils advocate, although there was no intention to sell it in the post, just a picture to show off, I wonder given the different username whether the guy that made the post wasn't making it because he thought the pic may have been stolen - and thought he had better make the post because some guy has stolen By-Tors picture?

I was thinking the same thing. :g:

Yeah, it's possible... and a logical explanation. But there's pm for that kind of questions.

I use the nick "Apocalypse" in 2 gen forums I have registered into. However, I'm now considering to change it to "BY-TOR FROM ILLEGAL COUNTERFEIT WATCH FORUMS" to avoid any future confusion. :tu:

Seriously: Thanks for the support guys. No big deal. Case closed (from my part). But I think this is generally a good topic about gen vs. rep forum etiquette.

Why did this guy do it? Because he wants to be a little forum smartass who "knows" things?

I use the nick "Apocalypse" in 2 gen forums I have registered into. However, I'm now considering to change it to "BY-TOR FROM ILLEGAL COUNTERFEIT WATCH FORUMS" to avoid any future confusion. :tu:

1. For sure

2. Good move :D

Let's be straight: we do love watch and we are allowed to do so.

I see no point in looking at BT or anybody of RWG as a counterfeit goods collector, insinuating "poor bastard".

We simply collect watches and do so within our own budget limits.

Probably 90% of the people reading TZ or any other gen forum have no money to afford gens anyway.

Let me guess...oh, yeah they buy fakes, like us...

The big difference between RWG and gen forums?

We recognize we do not have enough money to buy all our grail watches, so we build them for less money and learn to love them as much as we would love the real thing. :wub:

It's so stupidly human to find excuses.

Like the guy who doesn't have leather seats in his car because it's cold in winter :bangin:

He simply cannot afford that option, nothing wrong with that, neither saying it.

I sincerely think there is more honesty here, on RWG, than out there.

I confess that if I had more money myself I would buy only gens, including vintages.

I'm sure a lot of you would do the same.

But at 20K for a perfect 1665 GW or 40 for a 1665 DR, I'm simply not wealthy enough ;)

I have three gen Rolex. The envelop of money they represent is the maximum I can spend.

So, in example, if I would want a 1680 I would have to let a 16800 and a 16600 go.

Simple math!

That's a lot of text for a simple observation: gens are pricey, that is why reps exists :p

MyTwoCents!

Stephane

I just can't understand someone doing that - he exposes your 'double life' but in doing so he exposes his own - otherwise how would he have recognised your pics? If he can spot your pics then he is here as much as the rest of us. The truth is that we are all watch enthusiasts and the majority of rep owners will own just as many gens. The only difference is that we have both rep and gen, with frankens and customised watches thrown into the mix.