When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Which Pam Gen

Maikel

Okay here is the story...

Since I found RWG (1&2), I've been checking in everyday to read the post, which I enjoy very much.

So a couple days ago my girlfriend said; " you're so crazy about this Panerai watch...I'm gonna buy you a gen". :Jumpy: I said; " Neah...is my hobby why should you buy me a gen & I'm very happy with my PAM rep".

Now thinking about it...maybe I'll go for a gen...just one, to celebrate the birth of my first son.

The problem is...WHICH ONE!!!

Which PAM would you buy if you can only choose one? :g:

Since I found RWG (1&2), I've been checking in everyday to read the post, which I enjoy very much.

So a couple days ago my girlfriend said; " you're so crazy about this Panerai watch...I'm gonna buy you a gen". :Jumpy: I said; " Neah...is my hobby why should you buy me a gen & I'm very happy with my PAM rep".

Now thinking about it...maybe I'll go for a gen...just one, to celebrate the birth of my first son.

I own the 111h gen and chose it due to the sandwich dial, and the fact that it's busy enough to look good, but doesn't look like alphabet soup the way some larger watches do.

well, i did have a choice and chose the 091 as my first genuine pam. the 091 may be considered an odd duck to the panerai collection but in my opinion it is the nicest! no matter what other people say, you ultimately will be the one looking at it everyday. simply choose the one that you love. panerai's retain good value and if you change your mind down the road and can't really afford another one ... sell or trade yours in. here is a quick shot of mine. enjoy ...

What I would do would be to put a few grand in an interest gaining college fund for the son,

and use the rest to buy a Swiss 212....Replica ;)

Hehehe... you took the words right out of my keyboard. :D The only difference with me is that i would buy two or three high grade reps to play with, and the rest goes to the college fund. I would get an ultimate Fiddy, an MBW and a ...(???).

I haven't bought a single gen since I discovered RWG, and I enjoy watches more than ever. Just my .02...

well.....as this is your girlfriend and your not married yet......i'd go for the 140 if she can swing it :D yellow gold carbon dial. rare. flashy but simple and very high resale. you can sell it and buy maybe a 111, 177, and a 183........later :Jumpy:

97462-27036.jpg

I really like my PAM104 due to the fact it has a date feature. Even if I know the date I still find myself looking at it several times a day. It was a tough disicion a few years back when I had to decide between the 111 and the 104 but the 104 won out and I dont regret it a bit. Best of both worlds.

97553-27016.jpg

MG

Honestly, this is what I'd do. I'd get the 005 rep. Have The Zigmeister fix the recessed pin, relume it, get an aftermarket crown and have zig overhaul the movement as well. For about $600 you would have one that Mr. Panerai couldn't tell from the real one. Save the mone. But if your really want a gen. I'd get one with a date display.

For about $600 you would have one that Mr. Panerai couldn't tell from the real one

But Mr. Buyer always could. Even though the reps are indeed very close, there is is nothing like the real deal.

There is a big a$$ difference between sportin a genuine and a rep. Dont get me wrong reps are fun but thats all they are. There is no real pride in ownership to me other than Ubi's Daytona. SAVINGS SCHMAVINGS . LOL

MG

But Mr. Buyer always could. Even though the reps are indeed very close, there is is nothing like the real deal.

There is a big a$$ difference between sportin a genuine and a rep. Dont get me wrong reps are fun but thats all they are. There is no real pride in ownership to me other than Ubi's Daytona. SAVINGS SCHMAVINGS . LOL

MG

couldn't agree more, like the old saying goes: "a rep will always be a rep" no matter how much customization you do

Okay guys this is what I'm gonna do.

Talked with my GF...we're going to S'pore next year, take either Hong Kong or Thailand on the road :plane: ...put 3000 EURO into my son saving account & when I get there next year I'll look around for a PAM with a nice price tag. Informed at the AD & the 111 h would cost me 3400 EURO, & maybe in S'pore or HK the price would be cheaper. So everybody satisfied :group:

you can also buy a second hand at Steiner in maastricht. Go there, he has so many nice panerais in stock.

I would defenately go for a 127 fiddy!!

Okay guys this is what I'm gonna do.

Talked with my GF...we're going to S'pore next year, take either Hong Kong or Thailand on the road :plane: ...put 3000 EURO into my son saving account & when I get there next year I'll look around for a PAM with a nice price tag. Informed at the AD & the 111 h would cost me 3400 EURO, & maybe in S'pore or HK the price would be cheaper. So everybody satisfied :group: