When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A Review of the New Omega Chrono Movement

Thanks Francisco, well done.

I think they need to hire a new better micro mechanical engineer who actually understands how watches work and what it takes to make a good movement.

The difference between a ok movement and an excellent one is so small, a few jewels and correct watch design...

Thanks for taking the time to do this review, great pictures and details.

RG

Thank you, Francisco for yet another great review!

In reading the reviews for the modified 7750's (daytona, portuguese, and this one), the addition of one or two (at vital gears) would make vast improvements. Given this, how challenging/difficult would it be to add a jewel to this movement? Certainly, I understand that the right tools would be necessary, but given the talent we have here, is it something that can be "reasonably" done?

I must admit I'm just a novice at these things; however, after seeing some of the mods that are done here, certainly adding a jewel is possible...? :confused:

Thank you, Francisco for yet another great review!

In reading the reviews for the modified 7750's (daytona, portuguese, and this one), the addition of one or two (at vital gears) would make vast improvements. Given this, how challenging/difficult would it be to add a jewel to this movement? Certainly, I understand that the right tools would be necessary, but given the talent we have here, is it something that can be "reasonably" done?

I must admit I'm just a novice at these things; however, after seeing some of the mods that are done here, certainly adding a jewel is possible...? :confused:

Ii would be not difficult to add a jewel to the seconds output.

Francisco.

• 3 weeks later...

hi, just received my PO chrono, i removed the back to have a look at the movement and to be honest it looks fantastic, all parts are very shiny with no scratches on the parts whatsoever, the one in this review looks very poorly made, scratches etc...

I will post a pic sometime today or tomorrow hopefully.

I'm sure different suppliers ship out different versions of movements manufactured by different factories, all that i can say is my movement matches the picture of the movement shown on my suppliers website when it comes to quality...

Any comments..

hi, just received my PO chrono, i removed the back to have a look at the movement and to be honest it looks fantastic, all parts are very shiny with no scratches on the parts whatsoever, the one in this review looks very poorly made, scratches etc...

I will post a pic sometime today or tomorrow hopefully.

I'm sure different suppliers ship out different versions of movements manufactured by different factories, all that i can say is my movement matches the picture of the movement shown on my suppliers website when it comes to quality...

Any comments..

You can't judge a book by it's cover . . .

well i don't know a thing about movemets to be honest, but if you see 2, identical movements made in china, 1 all shiny and the other rough with no finishing, I'm sure the shiny one means more detail and care has been put into its manufacture... apart from that had mine for only a week and it works like a charm, does go 15secs fast in 1 day i must add...

• 2 months later...