When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex 1675 UAE edition

Rolexaddict

Rolex 1675 GMT Master special edition for The UAE and the Sultanate of Oman

This is a special build for a member who is a great gen and franken Rolex GMT collector.

These watches came with a specific blue bezel insert reserved for the Peruvian and Italian Air Force and also UAE Air Force pilots.

Some of UAE dials had white or red dial writings and came with blue or pepsi insets,

I agreed with the customer option and advices, the pepsi insert was the best cosmetic choice for this watch, according with the armorial bearings on the dial.

Specifications :

Background watch / accessories :

-1655 Explorer II case

-Asian DG3804B - 21600bph true GMT movement

-YukiWatch refinished UAE dial and hands

-WSO GMT complete bezel assembly

-Gen blue insert from my personal collection, used for pictures

-Clark 25-116 cyclop

-Gen Rolex springbars

-Gen Rolex Jubilee bracelet / gen endlinks

uae08.jpg

uae07.jpg

uae06.jpg

uae05.jpg

Next photo you can see the new case design after metal cuts, especially the CG area. The cartel 1/1 1655 case is complete out of specs but has enough material to be re-designed.

The cartel called 1655 1/1 has nothing 1/1, except the fact you can stack a Rolex specs cristal and rotating bezel assembly. The case design has been cut using a common CNC machining program as this case is used for many other Rolex models. The case is to much thick, as lot of Rolex reps.

If you compare gen Rolex watches you will notice gen vintage cases like Sub 5512, 5513, explo 1655, 16570 and GMT 1675 and 16750 have very slim cases.

Anyway, this watch actually is the best background to be used to build a 1675/16750.

Note :

the 1655 and the 1675/16750 watches used the same case. The 1675 was a 1655 with a rotating bezel and a different dial.

uae04.jpg

uae03.jpg

uae02.jpg

uae01.jpg

The lume :

the customer specs were :

old tritium, but I need to read during the night !

Here we have dead tritium and strontium aluminate powder mixed with an acrylic medium. Not really easy to apply and control,

Strontium particles will give a new life to dead tritium. This mixture exposed to a strong light during 30 minutes is able to bright more than 20 hours,

Classic Tritecs products contain a little strontium. This product is hard to get, it is used in aviation technologies for flight instruments and cockpit equipments and used with retro-lighting technics

lumetest.jpg

uae05.jpg

Thanks for your attention !

• Like 2

Guest zeleni kukuruz

@red.

Your sooo right he has talent this French dude!!!

There will be envy in this topic for sure, i'll bet some "veteran" member is pulling there hair out right now!!!

JJ, you just made my day, THANKS for sharing!!!

Another fantastic build. I'm always a bit surprised that we shy away from logo dials and such, they make for unique and interesting pieces (And I always have to giggle at the Domino's pizza dials - my Dad worked for 3M for 45 years. They gave him a gold Hamilton Thin-O-Matic as a 25 year service anniversary piece. I inherited it when he died and love wearing it today, but geez Dad, if you had at least worked for Domino's I could have inherited a Rolex instead! :partytime: )

Another fantastic build. I'm always a bit surprised that we shy away from logo dials and such, they make for unique and interesting pieces (And I always have to giggle at the Domino's pizza dials - my Dad worked for 3M for 45 years. They gave him a gold Hamilton Thin-O-Matic as a 25 year service anniversary piece. I inherited it when he died and love wearing it today, but geez Dad, if you had at least worked for Domino's I could have inherited a Rolex instead! :partytime: )

+1 at lease they make the watch more authentic looking for normal people ;)

Did you used a 1655 case for this build?

Thanks

YES, absolutely,

lot of cuts to re-design ther CG area and global case thickness,

I have observed and copied the gen 1675 case profile,

I told already, this 1655 case is not 1/1, the only 1/1 is you can fit a Rolex specs plexi and bezel ring, that's all. The global case design is complete off, just a basic CNC case cut program used for many other Rolex rep cases,

Edited by Rolexaddict