When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Joshua's DRSD

Ptolomeo

Interesting! Since it was added today, maybe it's an MBW/MBK w/ the asian 2836. Might be worth a try. It has the typical MBW pearl on the bezel insert. Maybe the chinese copied the MBW. Josh and Andrew started selling MBW's (or knock-offs) a year or so ago. And of course, we've seen w/ Cats MBW red sub that quality has fallen off or someone's slipping knock-off MBW's into the mix.

Chris @ Eurotimez did say that MBW cases come from Taiwan (similar to the TW Best...)

"The Best Vintage Rolex Sports Range Ever Replicated .. Surpassing all previous replication from whoever !"

Pretty strong statement, especially since it looks like the lug holes are to low. Replacing dials, hands and inserts are one thing, but if those holes are drilled too low, that could ruin what appears to be a great looking case.

for 198usd.. it's worth a look..

not everyone can afford the $ to mod these reps.. at least it gives members a choice away form what was put out in GZ.. :)

this line has been in the works for over a year now.. I'm sure they will improve on the flaws.. let's give them a chance..

I have one coming in this week .. I'll do the pics .. but would rather not have the thread crapped on.. try and be civil won't you ?? B)

AC

Lani

This may actually get me interested in Rolex. I've wanted a vintage model for some time now, but couldn't handle the price of the MBW models. Can someone give me a pictorial difference with the crown guards? As for the lug holes, it doesn't look that bad.

5.jpg

Here is a photo of the gen:

IMG_0510.JPG

It may be a tad lower, but at the price, I'm not that picky.

My MBW has same lughole and crown position as the geinuine item pictured above. The one listed on Joshes site, clearly doesn't have both issues the same. I will try to take pis tommorow in daylight.

Sure for 200 bucks it might be a cheap alternative base accepting gen parts, it gives us more choice. However i agree TBP makes a valid point.

Edited by slickdick

besides all this marketing BS ;)

it looks quite nice - would love to see more of this silver? datewheel ....

this looks better than MBW ....

hope they make a white dial too.

cheers,

Frank

Visually the differences are not so good shock protection on the asian and less teeth on the reduction wheel. Some might say that the Asian isn't as smooth either, but on a vintage watch that may be a good thing. The Asian won't be regulated or lubricated as well from new of course.

A handy pic guide from BK

2009-01-10025.jpg

2009-01-10013.jpg

I do think we need to be careful we don't over police these watches.

That's what I'm talkng about. I love all my watches. For what they are. If I thought about what they weren't Id hate them. And may be tempted to take it out surreptitiously on a dealer(s).

It's amazing. The evolution of the hobby. I remember contacting EL for my very first watch. I didn't Kow Tow, but approached it like I was asking a favor. Because I was. Selling great replica watches is what Eddie did, as favors. He had a real job too. I think that's why he dropped off the radar, with the advent of the proper "Web Sites" (back in '04 any .com site was blanketly considered a rip-off site) buying a rep is like using Amazon.com. It is faceless and emotionally disjointed. If you are dealing for your daily bread, you have to go that route. There's not enough time in the day for hand pressing. Pity. A lot of these dealers are great people, personally.

I think I was the very first to buy from Joshua. A 16613 Swiss Black Dial. I remember 'DLGates' posting "Looking forward to your experience here Dems. I've contacted this dealer by PM, he seems a good sort" was how it went. Personal contact. I used to PM Joshua for "Wazza!?". Now I wouldn't beleaguer his schedule.

So, when new guys have bad experinces with the faceless purveyers of rep watches, I hold no grudge to them. It would be hypocritical. When I get the run around from Amazon.com I rail too. It's just a 'corporation' to me, who took my money and bunged me up. But Amazon links to cottage industry. They're mothers, fathers, grand parents, trying to get by.

It's a delicate situation in the 'now' with regard to replica and the people involved. It rests on the old timey guys to smooth out the wrinkles with noobs. There isn't a single 'bastard' that deals here. How are the noobs to know?

lol, What was the thread I was reading the other day? "Had a bad experience with KB". As if. Can't wait 'till some clueless noob types in his incorrect credit info to 'offshore' and calls him a scammer. That thread is going to be a pile on! :Jumpy:

Stay with the topic or don't post...

Uh oh. In after TT. :lol:

that watch looks really nice and good value at 200 bucks.. given the amount of modding that goes on with vintage reps around here, i can't imagine any of the shortcomings aren't surmountable.. also its not a bad thing to practice on before laying into your MBW or gen case for the first time with a file :victory:

also i seem to remember reading that lots of the gen reds/double reds, etc were so different from watch to watch, that its going to be hard for anyone to say "ooh that lug hole is 1mm too low anyway?.. crown guards seem to be popular "tells" but again there are gen's out there with different shaped crown guards top vs. bottom on the same watch!!

something like that could make a great low cost base for modding, potentially giving a nice visually "correct" vintage franken for not a lot of money.. look forward to seeing more like it in the future! :bounce: