When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Whatever happened to TTK?

gridlock1983

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmm... Well, from what I know of TTK, he's a stand-up guy.

Yes, he was banned... No, I don't know why.

One thing I know is that he never screwed me and that I always got what I paid for, even if there were issues and it came late.

[censored] happens in this hobby, and in life... Ssometimes good, sometimes bad... sometimes people get others' backs up... that's life.

One thing I try not to do is kick a man when he's down. :black_eye:

Okay... flame away :animal_rooster:

I've got no bad experience with Neil.

Can't call it super , after waiting for 6 months for the goods to arrive , but still i got what i paid for .

Had some nice skype calls with him and i remember that he had some serious health issues that time.

Hope he is in good health.

Carpe Diem

Cats

I think that there was a huge dichotomy between the persona that Neil portrayed on the boards, and his "real life" personality. He could certainly be an insensitive [censored] in his posts, but I found him to be a complete gentleman on the telephone.

Despite any infractions or offenses, you have to respect the guy's photography skills...

That was me who posted about TTK on RG.

I was in Bangkok in December and received this information from somebody that knows TTK very well. He has definitely left Thailand and due to complications from diabetes lost his entire lower leg as they had to amputate.

Anyway, this scammer's demise is no loss to this forum or the others.

Leonado

It's really sad that TTK ended up as he did. I never wish badly on the folks who are ill. I hope that his health improves.

TTK was many things to many people. I had a few business dealings with him, and he always delivered what he promised and always in a timely manner.

I was a great admirer of his photo skills, and had several lengthy email discussions about techniques, lighting, etc. Others and I know there were many, had a totally different perspective of him. I do know that while he was very, very knowledgeable, be was also completely intolerant. It always seemed to me that his inability to tolerate criticism or any differences of opinion was his weakest point. I believe that he used his knowledge of watches, life in general, and his very good command of the English language more as a weapon rather than a positive. I

I feel sorry for the guy's health but despite his poor health, he was (as we say in England) a "Gobshite" and generally not a pleasant person to do business with. :black_eye:

Having said that, he as achieved one thing - infamy !! Here we are still talking about him, long after he was banned from this (and other) forums !! :D

To distill the essence down of my impression? If the [censored] was heavy, and you were ever in doubt of making it out alive? If 'TTK' had anything to do with it, you'd be OK.

Watches are less important than that. So are legs. 'TTK' will be OK. He was banned for good reason. And still true to himself. That's pretty powerful.

I've moderated one of these posts, which was particularly unkind.

Not sure about medical prognosis by Chinese whisper, but if they can rebuild Lee Majors, I'm sure TTK'll be fine.

I don't think it's fair to accuse him of scamming or stealing. He had many, many other well-publicised issues as a dealer, but I think he was on the level on that front.

I am really sorry to hear about his leg. :(

..... and BTW, Neil never scammed anyone.

Late on delivering , yes , peculiar character , yes , very touchy and easily upset , yes, ... but he was also fun.

We had some great moments on the forum with him back on the RWG I days.

I've moderated one of these posts, which was particularly unkind.

Not sure about medical prognosis by Chinese whisper, but if they can rebuild Lee Majors, I'm sure TTK'll be fine.

I don't think it's fair to accuse him of scamming or stealing. He had many, many other well-publicised issues as a dealer, but I think he was on the level on that front.

I'd like to see 'TTK' reinstated as a member if not a dealer. As a gesture. Certainly not second guessing the Admin. for their actions, but as someone (me) and others who had been forgiven A LOT for heated indiscretion on the old RWG, we all know; people change. I have been given so much leash and understanding there and here, the gesture would just be the 'RWG way'.

I was not part of this forum when he was banned, but was on TRC when he was banned there. I was floored by the news. Not really sure of the particulars, only that no uncertain 'threats' were made against individuals? 'TTK' never did anything 'idle'. I would imagine the threats were taken seriously (hell, I would've), therefore the course of action?

Not my biz, and I would never confuse or second guess the Admin. here administering 'control' as a grudge. Just no way, but giving second even third chances? They are notorious for that. I and others are here to tell you.

He had a lot to answer for, but much more to contribute. As a matter of pride he probably would decline participating anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody know if there is any truth to Neil's passing? From TTK photographic tribute thread yesterday at RWG1.1 by Baldrick. (link to post)

I know the TTK saga too well... But he didn't die in real life did he?
Yeah, he passed away earlier this month, from complications of diabites.

His photobucket is still up and you can still access all his photos. From same thread at RWG1.1 (link to post)

His village photos site is up, don't know for how long though, I used the link below, he also has a photobucket site, you just use his username keyserszose and password letmein

There's a load of stuff up on both these sites, I'm still ploughing through it looking for good stuff for my screensaver slideshow, he sure was a prolific photographer, maybe that's why his deliveries were so slow.

TTK villagephotos