When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Nice / Tough rep for 15 year old boy

Broker1981

Hi!

My nephnew has his confirmation comming up, and i was wondering if you knew of any cool tough rep watches that would suit a boy his age. I should mention that he likes the watches i have bought, and that i knows that they are reps. He wants one for himself, but he wants to be surprised.

He's phyiscally active and a decent skateboarder.

I have been thinking of the AP BumbleBee Limited Edition

All tips are welcome :)

Thank you!

I like this seiko that I just picked up for $140 delivered from Harold @Yobokies over in HK.

IMG_76521.jpg

He also has lots of other modded Seikos, very reasonable. You can find him on the Military Watch Resource website in the sales section. He does a 16610 mod which is cool- uses a SKX009, I believe.

<-- grew up on a skate board (well many kinds of boards actually) and at 37 I still skate.

The most "skate" rep I own IMO is the PVD Sinn U1.

Besides being super cool looking,reliable and tough, it has the bonus of being highly accurate and reasonably priced.

For a teen I would buy a PVD U1 without doubt over the usual suspects. A teen just wouldn't get them - no contest.

I'll never forget the photo Pugwash posted of a fogged up Seiko. I think that was a good reminder that even genuine does not guarantee perfection :)

If you were to go down the Seiko route, and go with the option Nanuq suggested of customizing, here's a site which sells a lot of nice parts. I'm planning on using it as a source for when I get round to building a totally custom watch for my godson :)

I'll never forget the photo Pugwash posted of a fogged up Seiko. I think that was a good reminder that even genuine does not guarantee perfection :)

If you were to go down the Seiko route, and go with the option Nanuq suggested of customizing, here's a site which sells a lot of nice parts. I'm planning on using it as a source for when I get round to building a totally custom watch for my godson :)

That's an awesome link for custom stuff, cheers TeeJay :D