When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Forum dishonesty

Admin

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you had twins you could name them Binge and Purge. :lol:

Nice! The wife immediately VETO'd that though. :rolleyes:

I thought the new dirty word was 'Tiger'? :unsure:

Ken :animal_rooster:

Hey, I thought our PM's were kept private around here... :animal_rooster:

Sorry for going OT, back to Tom Rather's: Special Report. :lol:

RG is a sales forum. So yes numbers make or break them. Who cares how many members you have? I would rather see 100 new contributing members than 500 "whos got the best submariner" members. whistling.gif

Not that its a bad thing, but its just what they are. A place for noobs to buy a Submariner... Then they come here or to RWI to learn how to mod it.

lol

Theres very little knowledge there... just everyone buying and selling and driving up rep prices... just one reason why i dont go there anymore. When you are on this forum or on RWI you see frankens and people modding and asking questions and solving problems...

thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Go into the Rolex section here and look at the types of questions and threads... then go to RG and look in the rolex section.. big difference. Like it was already said above... Quality over quantity.

I dont care if i get banned. I havent logged in there in over a year anyways...

dizz

[edited for spelling]

I've never really been one for statistics. Generally you'll find that the people that publish them will skew them in their favour anyway. Besides, I can tell when a site is slow, and I can tell when its hopping, I don't need numbers to confirm that. RG is a good site, and there certainly is plenty of activity over there. However, 90% of their posts are simply inane blabber, bumps, or "what he saids". Certainly nothing compared to the quality of the posts that we get here. You have to remember that RG is essentially a splinter forum of the "old" RWI, which in the day, reminded me of a kind of frat house. Sure, the conversations usually start out with some "watch" subject, but they would quickly desolve in to something totally unrelated. Plenty of posts, just not many about watches. RG has that same sort of feel. One thing I do admire about the admin team over their is that they are exceptionally quick to quash the uprisings, controversies, and drama. They run a tight ship, and the vast majority of the membership are happy, yet unaware of any rumblings. That said, people like drama, whether they like to admit it or not, and they certainly don't like to have their opinions suppressed. Maybe this is what led to the creation of the new forum? It'll be interesting to see how that plays out.

Anyway, my drama days are well behind me and I wish all the sites well :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Ok lets reiterate on this one last time.

Our Admin came across solid evidence that another boards Admin team was lying to it's members, he felt very strongly that this was inherently wrong so after discussing it with the team he decided to post about it.

There is really no room for all these comments on forum activity, they lied and they continue to lie, if members are comfortable with this then than is up to them but there is no way it can be justified.

Ken

my two cents is that RG is inflating for false member perception and sponsorship deceit...why else do it?!...

it's already been said that both forums have their place and both have informative, passionate and communal membership...

but to me: RWG is more "mature" in all aspects...experience is at an amazingly high level - whether it be the knowledge of The Zigmeister and the other watchsmiths and/or modders - or - the detailed brand knowledge possessed by dluddy, freddy, andreww, ubi, etc, etc, etc, - or - the sexy women avatars and signatures - or- our badass fake watch brothers who know how to take out Somali pirates with fatal headshots in rough seas with techno weaponry... :victory:

many of us have connected as "friends" - a horological band of brothers...i can't tell you how many sincere drinking sessions i've committed to hold with many of you should our paths cross!...and i know many of you would assist and support me in many ways...that's a notch above and defines community to me...it's why RWG will always be the best forum...

kudos to the bedrock members and management of RWG...you've got a great clubhouse for us to hang in...

R-

Both RWG and RG have something to offer the rep collector. Each has it's own flavor and each has it's own positive as well as negative aspects. Honsestly though, I was impressed at how RG gained so many members in such shorter space in time as RWG. The fact is RWG has paved the way for nearly all the other forums and set a standard of sorts. Thanks for pointing this out T. I don't understand the logic for inflating the numbers when they were already respectable, so the conclusion can only be the widely surmised notion of genital size or lack thereof.victory.gif

• 3 months later...

Just came across this thread, and it is a bit sad to see RG resorting to this. Personally I've always found myself coming to RWG or RWI when I want informative advice on repair or mods. for me RG is mainly the social rep forum, that I go to when I'm bored, have nothing better to do, and am in the frame of mind to post or rant. The simple fact that it gets a lot 'hanger arounders' means you'll likely get a quick reply to a post and keep yourself occupied :)

I know a lot of members refer to the RG sales area as a reason for its popularity, but I find RWG to be the go to place for reasonably priced, hard to find, parts and watches. Got my 192 here, at a ridiculously low price, and still owe that member a drink or two. Sourced both my wearable Ti/SS PAM bracelets here (note I say 'wearable' because I sourced one unwearable one over on RG, that I wasn't too happy about). When I do sell a watch, it usually gets listed here first, since I don't need to take tagged pics, then if it hasn't already sold, it goes onto the other rep fora. Simple fact, a lot of my sales never make it to RG. So I for one definitely don't depend upon them for selling any rep, then again I try not to ask ridiculous prices for my watches (I did say try :whistling: ).

In all honesty, the only reason I haven't abandoned RG completely, is because of SFA. He has always come across as quite honest and since becoming an admin over there has put a lot of himself into the forum. In fact I recall getting a PM from him during the Sylar fiasco letting me know about some of the behind the scenes goings on and passing on him email in case of a mass mod/admin exodus :D So my loyalty is to that admin and not to the forum.

I commend Admin for this thread, as it is always good to know the type of people you are dealing with. In this case it reinforces my view of the RWG ownership as pure integrity, and unfortunately casts yet another shadow on the RG ownership (note I say ownership, not admin/mods). The simple fact is, if you are dishonest in one aspect of your business, in all likelihood you won't hesitate to be dishonest in other areas.

Honesty and integrity are hard to find these days, good to see they are a main part of this forum. Kind of give one a warm feeling inside, know there is still hope in this world :thumbsupsmileyanim:

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I joined here Dec31, 2009 member #26834

http://www.rwgforum.com/user/26834-freeflypr/

I joined RG Feb09, 2010 member #19751

http://repgeek.com/member.php?u=19751

The "guy" who joined after me, feb09, last visited feb09

http://repgeek.com/member.php?u=19752

Less than a year has passed by (RG) and now they have OVER 35,000 Geeks!

It almost doubled, next year 70,000!!!

The SAD thing about it is:

That at that rate of membership increasing, in 15 years everyone on earth, can spot your Rep :(

Either RG is the next FaceBook, Or Sylar volume control is OUT of Control!!!!

Sylar....Shame on you.

Edited by freeflypr

This is old and should remain buried now but just to answer Extra Extra...

The idea of a site artificially boosting their numbers is that it attracts members to the site as everyone wants to be a part of the biggest.

So basically you might not be the biggest at first but eventually you will be.

Ken

It's basically a p1ssing contest but one guy is hiding a hose under his scrotum!!

It's nothing to do with content or experience, it's about the numbers and the ethics behind them, nothing else what so ever!!

Nuff said!!

Sixx :bones:

At least in my case...

I love watches and I love Reps for quite a while, actually i sold reps in 10th grade to my friends, back in '88. Anyways i've been looking for reps in the net, for at least 10 years. On all those 10 yrs, i found only forums that had rep dealer review, but they were all fakes, rep forums done by themselves!

I searched every once in a while for rep forums, and at last, i found RWGfora, then RWI, and after reading here for a while i found RG.

After reading on all 3, i noticed, most post the same on all 3, so what next, i dont have time for all 3 rep forums. Who has most members?, most threads? etc, etc...

RG fill all stats quite well!!!

U do the ma+h !!!

Edited by freeflypr

How can RG have 35000+ members, when the last one who joined in is 27,237, and that was 5 minutes ago.

http://repgeek.com/member.php?u=27237

After my member #19751, there are 1,000's of ghost members.

RWG has 33081 member as of 5 minutes ago.

http://www.rwgforum.com/user/33081-plombax/

Conclusion:

RWG +33,080 members

RG less than 27,237 members (including the 1000's of ghosts)

GO RWG!!!

Edited by freeflypr