When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

RWG Official Brand Ambassadors

RobbieG

Here is something I thought might be fun. Lets elect a member for each brand subjectively that is the most "nuts" for a given brand. They don't necessarily have to have the most reps or gens of a brand per se. Just who we think really loves each brand the most and posts, mods, collects, has a lot of knowledge about, etc.

Respond by quoting the list and filling in who you would nominate. It will be interesting to see who comes up for each one. It will also help me get aquainted with new members who I have missed and as such have no idea what they like in my absence. I'll try to limit the list to those brands there seems to be really good quality reps of. If I missed something, add it...

Rolex

Omega

Breitling

IWC

Panerai

Tag

AP

Nardin

Hublot

Vacheron

Sinn

I would agree Tee-J on Freddy, FXR, Dani, and I suppose me on the UN. Don't know the others very well. I'm thinking BT should get the TAG spot, no?

Good call, bro, I agree, BT should get the Tag position :) (or Ebel :whistling::drinks: )

kinda hard to go with one member for the popular brands .. especially the vintage.. Ubi should be in the Rolex brand.. he's our "go to guy" for vintage shtuff and has the best franken Daytona fo sure.. Not saying Freddy should not be named.. but one and one alone is very subjective..

Watchmeister for Pams .. although he is very low key most of the time.. I would go with kruzer as one of the names here..

As I say .. hard to name one member for each brand.. after all their are 4 aces in each deck of cards and all hold the same rank.. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Yeah if you really sit down and think about it the job becomes very hard, especially with Rolex and Panerai.

But then as others have pointed out Andreww has always been my first thought when it comes to Breit and what about By-Tor for Omega too? And lets not forget that BT is our current Pepsi expert as well.

No offence to TeeJay but Ubi has also built some mighty fine Tudors

Nanuq is the easiest to deal with IMO, take him out of the pool of Rolex experts and give him Doxa.

Ken

kinda hard to go with one member for the popular brands .. especially the vintage.. Ubi should be in the Rolex brand.. he's our "go to guy" for vintage shtuff and has the best franken Daytona fo sure.. Not saying Freddy should not be named.. but one and one alone is very subjective..

Watchmeister for Pams .. although he is very low key most of the time.. I would go with kruzer as one of the names here..

As I say .. hard to name one member for each brand.. after all their are 4 aces in each deck of cards and all hold the same rank.. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

+ 1 = Ubi and Freddy for Rolex

Pams = dluddy and vlydog and PeteM these 3 knows their PAMS

Also Lani would be a contender for anything but Rolex and Omega especially...

I really don't consider myself an "expert" on any brand.. I do reviews based on "research" .. on the genuine brands .. a far cry from being "versed".. I've learned through the reviews.. I try and contribute.. that's all..

Tribal and Stilty should be noted for Rolex also,..

the "ONE" or in this case the "MANY" options that RWG offers .. and set's it apart (IMO) from other watch forums, is the wealth of information and the "willingness" of the vets to go above and beyond to assist and support those with a passion for watches ..

Point is .. I believe RWG has the best of the best ... where else can you go to get the support that members like Ubi .. Freddy.. Tribal.. Stilty .. and many many more lend freely... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I'm flattered for TAG and Ebel guys. I guess it's partially true as my Discovery & Link reviews were pretty popular back in their day and probably helped the dealers sell these models a bit.

Other than that, I'm not really attracted to any particular brand specially. Rolex, Ebel, TAG Heuer, Breitling and Omega all have watches that I like a lot. All these brands have very unattractive watches too. It's true that I have a soft spot for Ebel because I think the 1911 Chronograph has always been a stunner, and never got the respect it deserves. And Ebel has the most beautiful ladies' models bar none. If my wife were into watches I'd buy her a gen.

I think Rolex goes to Freddy because I don't think he owns any other brands. At least I have never seen him wearing anything else than Rolex. Ubi has AP's, Omegas and even IWC's. :)

UN definitely to Robbie and Doxa to Nanuq.