When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I Am Alive -- Barely

Guest HaloArchive

Guest HaloArchive

Hello Everyone!

I am alive and well. I have gone through devastation recently of having a house fire. I have lost everything and have been moving from apartment to apartment and still going to work and trying to arrange for a house to be built again. So, I have been incredibly busy as of lately.

The only things that were recovered from the fire were a power strip, a package of batteries and a picture of my family as well as some miscelaneous tools.

I am really at a loss for words as to what to say.

One thing that annoyed me is my "Fireproof Safe" was not really fireproof. The temperatures inside got so high that the papers that were in there combusted and caught my rifles and financial information, birth certificate, passports, family movies/slides, everything on fire.

My vehicle was burnt down to nothing. Everything is gone.

This is my first piece of technology I have purchased -- A Laptop. I feed off of the Starbucks WiFi.

At least I am alive and well and relatively unharmed besides a burn on my foot.

If you want more information, please ask; I am willing to share and see this as a new chapter of my life.

Redwatch, if you are out there, I managed to grab my watch case and I will gladly return your watch or sell it and give you money.

I have missed all of you guys!

Good Wishes~

H

Oh my God S! Glad you are ok man! That really really sucks! No worries on the watch, I was just more concerned that I hadn't heard from you in a long long time and I was starting to wonder if something had happened to you.

Thanks for updating us all on your situation.

Holy crappoolla.......wow! I am so sorry to hear this! Fire is the worst in any disaster IMHO! It completely wipes out everything it touches......

But as you said, you're alive and so are your family members! Our prayers are with you! Let us know what we could do to help!

F-

Damn! I'm glad you got out relatively unscathed but I would damn sure be sueing somebody over that "fireproof safe" letting my shootin' irons go up in smoke!! :angry:

Number one is that you and your family are safe, all other possession can be replaced with time.

Everyone will understand that you can't devote as much time to us whilst your life is still in turmoil but know that we all wish you Gods speed in getting yourself settled again.

Ken

Guest HaloArchive

Oh my God S! Glad you are ok man! That really really sucks! No worries on the watch, I was just more concerned that I hadn't heard from you in a long long time and I was starting to wonder if something had happened to you.

Thanks for updating us all on your situation.

Thanks S! I will sell the watch and pay you the money when I get around to it them :)

Holy crappoolla.......wow! I am so sorry to hear this! Fire is the worst in any disaster IMHO! It completely wipes out everything it touches......

But as you said, you're alive and so are your family members! Our prayers are with you! Let us know what we could do to help!

F-

Thank you F! Your wishes are very accepted!

wow, very sad news. i'm glad to hear you're ok. as terrible as it must be to relive, i'd be interested to hear what happened? please take care ... there will be better days ahead!

Hey, Thank you!

This is what happened according to the fire department: My water heater element caught the insulation on fire due to left over saw dust from when the house was built and, the fire jumped over to my spare winter tyres next to my car and then the car caught on fire and, well, the rest of the garage caught the second floor on fire and next thing you know, a huge bonfire on my property was going on :-s

Damn! I'm glad you got out relatively unscathed but I would damn sure be sueing somebody over that "fireproof safe" letting my shootin' irons go up in smoke!! :angry:

Yes, when I opened up the safe, you bet that the first thing I did was call a lawyer!

Halo - I am very sorry to hear about the fire & related issues. I know you can never replace the personal things lost, but, hopefully, you were insured & will be able to rebuild the rest better than before.

Yes, I have home insurance for fire and it will mostly be covered. Unfortunately however, I did not insure for much because I thought such a thing was never possible and it would never happen to me.

Number one is that you and your family are safe, all other possession can be replaced with time.

Everyone will understand that you can't devote as much time to us whilst your life is still in turmoil but know that we all wish you Gods speed in getting yourself settled again.

Ken

Thank you Ken!

Wow, glad nobody was hurt. I feel for you as it is like starting over black_eye.gif

Thank You for your wishes :)

Thank God nobody was hurt. Something that might be helpful, if you're not doing it already, might be to connect with people you know on Facebook. It's a great way to network with others who might be able to give you a hand when you need it. This is a time when you need help, so accept it when it's offered. Some people, like myself, thrive on being helpful! A sheet pizza and a cooler full of beer goes a loooooong way, throw in a cheap grill with some hamburgers and sausage on it and you'll have all the help you need and more. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I'm praying that things work out for the best for you and your family. Keep in mind that the one thing the fire could never destroy is a positive attitude!

That's devastating.

I can relate to the loss, at least somewhat... as our summer house was burnt to the ground back in 1987. And of course my parents weren't insured it properly. The house was built my my grandmother's grandfather. So it had lots of emotional value for everyone.

All the best!

Glad that you are OK. Having gone through several natural disasters, living down here in "hurricane alley" I can appreciate what you are going through. the house can be rebuilt, the car easily replaced, but it's those personal possessions that you hardly ever look at, but take great comfort in knowing that they are there. Baby pictures, wedding album, family photos, letterers, etc are irreplaceable.Keep looking forward, everything will get better, as long as you and your family are safe and healthy.

Guest HaloArchive

Thank God nobody was hurt. Something that might be helpful, if you're not doing it already, might be to connect with people you know on Facebook. It's a great way to network with others who might be able to give you a hand when you need it. This is a time when you need help, so accept it when it's offered. Some people, like myself, thrive on being helpful! A sheet pizza and a cooler full of beer goes a loooooong way, throw in a cheap grill with some hamburgers and sausage on it and you'll have all the help you need and more. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I'm praying that things work out for the best for you and your family. Keep in mind that the one thing the fire could never destroy is a positive attitude!

Haha, thank you! I had some close family friends take us in and make us a few meals like that :)

Wow Sh! Sorry to hear about your devastating loss, yet happy to hear everyone is ok. If you need a watch to get your rep collection started again, I will gladly donate one.

Take care,

wwarren

Its okay W, I managed to save my watch briefcase so, all is good :) Thank you for the kind thoughts!

holy crappppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im glad you are OK

jeez...

Yes, that was what I was doing in my pants while seeing this all happen :o

That's devastating.

I can relate to the loss, at least somewhat... as our summer house was burnt to the ground back in 1987. And of course my parents weren't insured it properly. The house was built my my grandmother's grandfather. So it had lots of emotional value for everyone.

All the best!

I am sorry for your loss. Generational items are tougher to let go. Thanks!

Glad that you are OK. Having gone through several natural disasters, living down here in "hurricane alley" I can appreciate what you are going through. the house can be rebuilt, the car easily replaced, but it's those personal possessions that you hardly ever look at, but take great comfort in knowing that they are there. Baby pictures, wedding album, family photos, letterers, etc are irreplaceable.Keep looking forward, everything will get better, as long as you and your family are safe and healthy.

We are all safe, Luckily!

H -

sorry to hear the sad news...but as others say, at least you survived it all...

glad you checked in - and know you've got a good group of friends here if you ever need to talk about it...

all the best - R

Cheers to RWG!

son of a ... !

i know last week set a hot record up in the PNW i never thought this would hit this close to home

glad you're ok & getting back on your feet nonetheless

Yes, it was very toasty up here so, be careful of that excess grass around your house!

I'm glad you got out, HA, and that no one was seriously injured. I hope you have a smooth time with the Insurance, banks, and builders to get your life re-started.

Im trying but, thanks!

Just spotted this now...Gee I'm happy you and yours are OK, and as others have said, most everything else can be replaced.

Glad to know you are OK and upbeat about such a bad scenario.

Offshore

OS, there was this quote I was just about to type but, I forgot it now about having a bad attitude but, moral of it was that if you think about the past and have a negative attitude, you will never be able to move on. And, it is true actually. I just need to put a smile on and think to the future. I can think of it as a way of spring cleaning albeit much more severe haha.

Wow not sure what to say , hope everything works out for you , sounds like a lucky escape

Thank You!

Sorry to hear what happened to you, makes us open our eyes and make sure we don't take anything for granted.

It's scary too to realize that these things just spring up on us from out of the shadows.

I'm not sure if this is bad form for me to ask, but do you have pictures? My apologies if it's too soon :black_eye:

I'm sorry to hear of your tragedy, it's absolutely terrible and I hope everything will work out in the end. The most important thing is that you and your family are alive, so you have each other!

Thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family from ours! Let us know if you need anything!