When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Looks like waiting sometimes pays off: Better Ploprof

chefcook

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, excited about mine, if you owned the v1 then you'll know that it was already a SUPER accurate rep visually. Up there with or even better than the SOH v2, and from the pics, i can't see any steps backwards (on the black one at least, pity about bezel text thickness on the white v2).

Will have mine pressure tested asap after it arrives ;)

Will have mine pressure tested asap after it arrives ;)

No problem there. It seems when buying from Josh now he will do timing accuracy calibration, post-stratification, x-ray, gas chromatography-mass spectrometrize, pressure test, macro photo shoot, metallurgical test, analyse forensically, do Raman spectroscopy and inspect the watch under an electronic microscope :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Hey. Just recovered my QC pics from my spam folder. Somehow the mail ended up there. :black_eye:

Looking good I say :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I must say that this is very satisfying seeing actual pictures of the watch I bought - being tested and all. Watch is perfect in the pictures and Josh puts a note with the actual order no and shipping label in the pics.

Best one ever! :good:

Hi, mine arrived today and it's very good! The V1 was was excellent as well, but this has a lot of little fixes. There's no doubt this is a completely new case set, the edge bevel is wider, The finish much better and the ridges on the bezel are different, slightly thinner. The Bezel is very stiff clicking and it cannot be turned without pressing the button (nice). The rubber is super soft. Softer than the gen, So it's actually wearable on this version. The clasp is completely different of course and much better. The etching is deeper and the paint blacker.

IMO the dial and date is the same i think, but the hands themselves are thicker with thicker edges. Oh, and the logo doesn't have happy feet. :)

plopult.jpg

plopult-old.jpg

This is definitely a must have! A little nervous about getting one though, I'm afraid it's going to hurt the feelings of my DSSD.

Yep, thats for sure. This rep is so accurate its kidding. IMO it will go down as one of the best reps ever. You heard it here first! :p

Yes the bezel turns both ways as per the gen. The button depresses and releases with a firm click.

The finish is superb. The finish around and crown guards and especially the lugs is much MUCH better. The rounded lug corners of the V1 are gone. So that, along with the soft rubber, makes the rubber wear really well! I own the gen mesh (thanks Wheaton) but its going to stay on the rubber for while, cos it looks so cool now that its accurate and comfortable.

I've tested the lume. The lume on the V1 is the best rep lume OOB i had ever seen, but this is even better. It is a lighter shade of blue but the glow lasts much longer - maybe an hour at reasonably bright. Its superlume bright at first (like the v1 was).

The xtal doesn't have as strong an AR hue, the clasp isn't as sharp. Its all good.

The biggest difference to the eye is the case edge bevel. To look at from arms distance, it gives it the appearance of being softer in its angles - like the gen. All the marking are there to my knowledge.

The only un-gen-line fault i can pick is how the bezel turns. The V1 had a more accurate rotation. Firm and clunky. While this is stiff and hard. But again, like the gen, bezel turning requires two hands and you have to take the watch off to rotate the bezel so it doesn't matter.

Will take some more pics tomorrow (its night now) if someone with better photog skills doesn't beat me to it.

:)

Hey Thogaa, no he didn't mention, and there wasn't a QC pic of the pressure test, only mention is the text in the QC disclaimer (all watches worth more than $200 will receive testing to 30atms). The caseback did need tightening when it arrived. was only finger tight.

Here's the pics as promised.

Only got two away with the big cam before the battery died... where there are two plops, the one on mesh is the V1

1.jpg

2.jpg

The rest are with a small (but quality) ixy point and click

the bevel finish:

bevel.jpg

The finish

finish1.jpg

Finish compare and bezel ridge difference:

finish.jpg

the lug finish (much much better):

lug-bezel.jpg

New clasp:

clasp.jpg

The rubber is less black than the V1, not by much though. Don't know which is more accurate:

rubber.jpg

Unscrewed crown:

crown-close.jpg

Crown difference (external thread like gen, not internal like V1):

crown.jpg

rear:

rear.jpg

crown side rear showing circular brushing:

rear1.jpg

the Date window and thicker edged hands, this one shows the circular brushing on front:

date-hands.jpg

And finally the lume. Charged in daylight, this snap taken after about 2mins:

lume.jpg

Thanx mastrmindalliance...

After owning a V1, which suffered from the xtal issue, I am super happy to see the V2

and all the fixes!!! Now after reading your impressions of the V2 I can order one with confidence!

Because it's my grail watch, I couldn't go through the heartbreak & frustration like with the V1.

Thanx again brother!

Update: Josh now offers Plop with mesh bracelet B)

I feel that the mesh bracelet does the watch a diservice,just dosent look right compared to the gen. Maybe they will make a mesh that can be "reasonably" compared to a gen. I dont think you can even size the the rep mesh.