When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAN-AM inspired 6542 GMT

donerix

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow, very impressive!

Is that a 1680 crystal?

Where did you get teh logo for the box cover?

Looks great!

Yes, it's a Clark 25-127, I thought it looked better than the 26-116 and the magification is great :)

I found the logo sticker on ebay a few months ago, there is a lot of PAN-AM stuff

Love it :good: I may be wrong, but I seem to remember reading somewhere that all-blue insert GMTs were issued to the Peruvian Airforce :)

As others've said above, absolutely love the box, the presentation really brings it all together :good::drinks:

Cool. You routed a small channel and filled it with silver paint?

Did Pan-Am commission Datejusts as well? I have some extra rep DJ case-backs and I think a trip to the engraving machine might be in order! ;)

there were a bunch of very interesting pictures posted on a recent VRF thread. Here's a couple:

1250809123_zqABt-X3.jpg

I have not read the VRF thread, but, from the text of the letter, I smell something very fishy here.

The letter seems to have been written by a non-English-speaking individual (I would guess Asian). Based on the letter's grammatical form, it is pretty clear that the author's native language is NOT English ('Send to you as a reminder that', 'I hope you'll like it makes a special decoration' & 'Don't forget to take the letter Sales Department'), which would make little sense coming from a 'John Ogilvie', Pan Am's U.S. General Manager, who, at the time, would have been based in Chicago.

So I do not think it takes Sherlock Holmes to deduce that if the letter is fake.............. :whistling:

Now, on the other hand, my Pan Am incidentals are 100% genuine, so............. ;)

PanAm2012a1.jpg

0292__-2_tonemapped1.jpg

Oh, brother. The guy who originally posted the pictures just responded to the charge that the letter may not be kosher:

I can disclose this watch source and history.

And also show the document, magazine and who sign the letter.

I don't care you check it or not because I know that false document is a serious offense.

If you can explain all information, or you have this watch. Please show for our.

I believe that you have not strong reasons to explain.

Emoticons fail me: BAH-HAHAHAHAHA!!!