When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What does your avatar & nickname mean, and why?

importr

I work in the dog industry

This was also my player name.... a decade ago for Quake II

No chit!?! I thought that name looked familiar. I suppose my memory may be wrong but when I first saw your username I thought I had seen it before. I used the handle MadMax back then. Tried to use it on the fora but unfortunately taken.

I miss Quake :( Not to side track the thread but did you ever play the quake mod UT2?

When I first started in usnet newsgroups, participating in a weekly wallpaper contest, John Daly the golfer was very popular. Every time he tee'd off, someone in the fan group would yell "You-the-Man" at the top of their lungs. I thought it was pretty comical, so I adopted Utheman as my user name.

My avatar is a result of playing around with a green laser shining on the crystal of my Submariner which gave interesting results. I called this one my "Sub-Milgauss".

ubiquitous (juːˈbɪkwɪtəs)

— adj

having or seeming to have the ability to be everywhere at once; omnipresent.

My handle is a bit of a poke at myself; the definition of my user name is to be everywhere at once, but in reality that is the farthest thing from the truth.

^_^

The avatar changes from time to time. The current is an image I snapped while showing my kids how Rodico (watch people's Play-Doh to them) can be applied on watch parts and the sort.

I can hook you up with the "Vick" (as we call him) if you tell us what LHOOQ means!

Okey-dokey: "L.H.O.O.Q.", as the Wikipedia entry goes, is a "work of art" (quotes are mine) by Marcel Duchamp, who took a Mona Lisa postcard and drew a goatee on it. Voila--instant art! I figured blatant, unapologetic copying made sense in our little rep world, and "Lichtenstein" was too long and too on-the-nose.

I was ready to use a crop of the actual LHOOQ as my avatar, but decided I didn't want people to imagine me as a bearded lady. (Not my scene, man.) Instead, I went with the face of Paul Freeman as the similarly-lettered Rene Belloq, evil French archeologist, and arch-nemesis of Indiana Jones.

"Look at this. It's worthless - ten dollars from a vendor in the street. But I take it, I bury it in the sand for a thousand years, it becomes priceless. Like the Ark."

Also, like WM9s!

I love the 60s and was really into 60s British Mod Culture when I was younger, which lead to an interest in Vespas. I've had several Vespas (and a Lambretta) over the years and used to ride them everywhere so people came to start calling me "Vespa Matt" or simply "Vespa", as the name Matt is so common. Funny thing is, I started selling Vespas and hardly ever ride them anymore except for test drives and the like at work but the name stuck.