When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How do you wear your bracelets?

japanic

-Tight

-Normal (1 finger)

-Loose (able to go around completely)

Just curious about various preferences in reference to, but not limited to Rolex bracelets.

My daily beater is a 36mm Explorer and I generally adhere to the rule that you should be able to fit one finger between the bracelet and the wrist, but a colleague of mine who wears a DayDate wears it so tight, it looks like the clasp is holding on for dear life, and yet an older gentleman wears his gold Datejust loosely and just lets it hang.

I hate a tight bracelet/ strap..be It rubber or leather.

The norm for me is one finger...but my wrist can fluctuate quite a bit due to weather or water retention.

Thats why I love ss clasp with micro ajustments...Breitling pro2 for example...makes for a perfect fit most of the time. :)

Mike

I want mine between normal and tight.. who would have thought anything else ;)

I have a hard time finding the perfect fit. Its either to loose or to tight. I actually had to get rid of a few watches because of that. I wish all bracelets had micro adjustment like the new subs. Only watch so far where i have a perfect fit!

We are talking about watch straps here, aren't we? :)

Lol!

Another thing I have a problem with, and this is for obvious reasons far worse with bracelets than rubber/leather straps.

On a somewhat related topic, I find that in the mornings, my wrists are considerably smaller than they are during the day. A strap that I might put on in the morning will become so tight that I might need to change the tang hole towards the end of the day. That's a change of between 6-8mm depending on the strap. Does anyone else find this? I've wondered if it's real or just my imagination, but it seems pretty constant, almost like clockwork (if you'll pardon the terrible pun :p) I figure it has something to do with fluid retention during the day.

Lol!

Another thing I have a problem with, and this is for obvious reasons far worse with bracelets than rubber/leather straps.

On a somewhat related topic, I find that in the mornings, my wrists are considerably smaller than they are during the day. A strap that I might put on in the morning will become so tight that I might need to change the tang hole towards the end of the day. That's a change of between 6-8mm depending on the strap. Does anyone else find this? I've wondered if it's real or just my imagination, but it seems pretty constant, almost like clockwork (if you'll pardon the terrible pun :p) I figure it has something to do with fluid retention during the day.

Your not alone, my wrists are smaller when I get up too. Towards the end of the day my bracelet is definitely tighter.

Your not alone, my wrists are smaller when I get up too. Towards the end of the day my bracelet is definitely tighter.

Glad I'm not alone. If I wear the nylon NATO, it can get quite unbearable towards the end of the day. A nice leather strap has a little more give. I imagine a bracelet must get quite tight. I wonder if there's a strap system that can adapt to a user's wrist as the circumference changes throughout the day, without any user intervention. That would be pretty cool :)

My wrists can also swell as well depending on altitude, me, etc. and for that reason I leave it at one finger or more. I will generally go as big as I can without worrying about the complete watch rotating. It does lend itself to more banging though. It also will depend on the watch. No matter how big I go on a larger watch like a ROO or DSSD it stays on top of (or close to) the wrist. The other thing, at least on the older Rolexes, is that making them tight is only going to accelerate the stretching of the bracelet.