When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Red 1680 here at last ...

polexpete

Hiya all,

so finally got this together and some pictures taken. After 2 years of collecting parts this is the lowdown :

- Yuki case ... with custom engraving correct for a 2 million serial feet first model.

- Gen 1570 movement

- Rep dial from member JoJo

- gen 702 tube and crown

- gen tophat 127 crystal

- MBW bezel (Yuki's won't fit a gen insert) with gen insert

- after market hands

- rep bracelet and endlinks with correct numbers and stamping

Pics of course ....

IMG_4682-1.jpg

IMG_4675-1.jpg

IMG_4691.jpg

IMG_4695.jpg

IMG_4698.jpg

IMG_4701.jpg

IMG_4706.jpg

IMG_4713.jpg

IMG_4714.jpg

IMG_4718.jpg

IMG_4728.jpg

IMG_4734.jpg

IMG_4744.jpg

IMG_47142.jpg

with its brother my DRSD ....

IMG_4750.jpg

Thanks for looking

P.

Looking good Pete, i especialy like the dial where you can see more of the minute index marks. one of the points that i dont like about my MBW 1680 rep, a different tinted pearl would look better i think. Is that not a 703 crown Pete?

Stunning work!

I am working on something similar

Frank is right...whats up with the Yuki bezel? I taked to them about the same thing i.e. getting a 1;1 case fro a 1680 build, so that is not really encouraging.

That dial looks great, do you know what rep this is from?

Looking good Pete, i especialy like the dial where you can see more of the minute index marks. one of the points that i dont like about my MBW 1680 rep, a different tinted pearl would look better i think. Is that not a 703 crown Pete?

Thanks Andy, this case is a 1680 unlike old skool MBW's which are 5513 spec so 1680 dials need to be trimmed ... Its a thin font gen replacement bezel insert so pearl not wrong as such. Its a 703 crown for sure, again replacement spec for a triplock relacement tube ...

Cheers

P.

cool ! i love it.

so the Yuki bezel doesnt take gen inserts ? strange. did they offer you an other bezel ?

cheers,

Frank

Thanks Frank..

No, Yuki bezel was way too big for gen insert. You can glue it in but the gap was obvious. i brought an old MBW bezel off of JoJo ...

Cheers

P.

Thanks Andy, this case is a 1680 unlike old skool MBW's which are 5513 spec so 1680 dials need to be trimmed ... Its a thin font gen replacement bezel insert so pearl not wrong as such. Its a 703 crown for sure, again replacement spec for a triplock relacement tube ...

Cheers

P.

Mine is an mbw 1680 and I still don't think I see enough of the min markers even after I opened it a bit on the lathe. It is not the dial but the case.

Questioned on the crown as you stated 702 in the original post

Did not say the pearl is wrong just it would be nicer to match the dial patina.