When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

An Open Letter To The Forum Member’s Of Rwg…

TwoTone

An open letter to the Forum Member’s of RWG…

I’m not the most eloquent writer…

So please bear with me…

I would like to start off by saying that I have a true love and passion for Watch’s. I have since as far back as I can remember…

I had been attempting to purchase a SS Daytona from an AD for the last couple of years. And as you all know they are impossible to find…

So in my search and my desire not to pay 10k plus on e-bay, I happened across bestswiss.com in June of 2005…

I came daringly close to purchasing there Grade 1 SS Daytona for a whopping $1,800.00 USD. In my many conversations with the owner of the site, my better judgment (which I do not always exercise) told me something was wrong and I bailed on the transaction…

However, that site opened my eyes to the world of Rep’s and I started digging. In July, 2005 I found RWG…

In the last year and half I have bought, sold, traded and gave away a couple dozen reps. I’ve made many friends. Had the pleasure of sharing drinks with Omni in Maui, Randy & Mario overlooking the Rocky’s from a downtown Denver Skyscraper, and enjoyed the company of Saabin while checking out his shop on the Oregon Coast.

I count these meetings as priceless bonuses to pursuing my passion for Watch Collecting…

Now, as I’ve stated before, when people gather, in a forum or in person, life happens… Relationships form, and other interest emerge…

On RWG1 the Looney Bin had more activity than the General Forum, and I spent much time there along with countless others – Mod’s & Members alike…

When the old site was moved to the new site we simply transplanted the forum and its Members, and business was usual… From Watch Talk to the Bin and everything in between…

At the departure of jf a few months back the Bin began a slow death. So in October I addressed the Bin with the rest of the Admin Team and asked the question if we should shut it down. Yes, it was my idea…

The last round over the “Strawberry’s & IPods Thread” really got me to thinking. The forum’s personality had changed. Change is inevitable, in real life and forum life. So do we fight it or adapt to it…

Now to my point…

My time here at RWGII is first and foremost about Watch’s. In recent days I have scored a wonderful MBW 1680 and DW Daytona that have truly enhanced my gatherings. I’m stoked about the size and quality of my collection over this last year and a half…

However it has become very apparent [to this sometimes very dense brain of mine] that I have truly offended some peeps through my meanderings here…

Like politics in real life, I find myself taking a stance on an issue, digging my feet in, and then refusing to listen with objectivity to the other side…

This current Avatar & Signature Thread has caused a divide in the general membership as well as the Admin Team. And that truly bothers me…

I’m all for free speech… However, I’m not ‘all for’ causing Ill Will to my fellow man. Free speech can be exercised by choosing not to exercise it…

So, for my lack of compassion & understanding of the members here that have been offended by the sexual content of this forum and my participation in it… I offer my sincere apology…

Yes, forum life offers a certain level of anonymity… But it’s still made up of people. And here, as in real life I do not want to ever cause ill will or hurt feelings…

I’m not looking to pick fights with this post…

I’m not looking to start controversy…

And I’m certainly not looking to point fingers [unless at myself]…

Just wanted to share my heart and say I’m sorry to those that I’ve offended…

Mike

• Like 1

TT, your post expresses class and integrity.

I must have missed the posts where you stepped on others' toes -- but still you care about their feelings and relationships.

Other people seem ready to spit and vent if they even think your views don't square with theirs.

I am glad that there more people like you than the other on the board.

I have no doubt the overwhelming majority here agree.

Best regards and wishes.

@Michael......you and I have exchanged some harsh words in the past.....and in particular I've been pretty hard on you...especially over the I-pod post..however, your extremely eloquent post shows that sometimes you need to read the whole book rather than just the sleeve notes, before you can make a final judgement.

I understand your passion for watches.....and your passion for beautiful women, I share that same passion, my point has always been the appropriateness of posting here and respect for other members....and that respect extends to you.

For my harshness in the past....I apologise profusely....I hope that we can start afresh and perhaps re-build some of the bridges that may have been burned.

regards

TTK