When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hurricane Sandy

KB

As we all know the East Coast of America is about to take a serious buffeting by Hurricane Sandy.

This will most likely affect 3 of our team members but more to the point is that one of them stated if members are currently in any kind of transaction with another on the East Coast then it is quite possible that they may lose contact for 1 to 2 weeks.

Please bear this in mind when you stop getting replies to PM's and such.

Ken

Hopefully this is just another instance of hype over substance. The media has a penchant for offering the worst case scenario, yet, I hope,

the people on the east coast will suffer minimal damage and loss.

I don't get it. here in MA, schools are closed, airports closed, trains not running. It is light rain and slightly windy.

widespread panic before anything actually happens.

I'm all for being safe but this is ridiculous.

Brunt of wind is not going to reach us until 10PM :g:

Sometimes these storms/hurricanes lose there momentum or turn back Into the sea and lose steam. Indeed that would be the best case scenario. But sometimes they gain strength and leave total devastation behind. Peoples homes/businness and communities as they once new them are gone forever. To that you add the thousands If not millions of lives that might never be the same again. This Sandy is a real nasty [censored] not to be taken lightly....and this thing Is massive.

We are about four hours from the NC coast....so I don't think we will get much damage. Some uprooted trees, minor flooding and power loss Is possible. I just don't have a good feeling about this one guys. I can only hope that I am wrong.

To all those In harms way....be prepared. Caned goods, water, batteries candles etc. Items for emergencies In general. Sandy Is no joke.

Stay safe my friends.

Mike

post-19368-0-49782600-1351513190_thumb.j

"sometimes these storms/hurricanes lose there momentum or turn back Into the sea and lose steam"

Not happening high pressure blocking over Atlantic that is why it is making a left hook into NJ, unusual situation. I am in upper Sussex county NJ generator ready to go so far nothing but a slight increase in wind no rain to speak of.

"sometimes these storms/hurricanes lose there momentum or turn back Into the sea and lose steam"

Not happening high pressure blocking over Atlantic that is why it is making a left hook into NJ, unusual situation. I am in upper Sussex county NJ generator ready to go so far nothing but a slight increase in wind no rain to speak of.

"Sometimes "these" storms" Not "this" storm. For example... Irene.

This actually looks like it's gonna be pretty bad. It's more than just a hurricane, it's also a big front coming in from the northwest along with a full moon (causing high tides) as I understand it. I'm here in the DC area, far enough from the coast that I don't think we'll see real devastation but we'll probably be without power for a few days. Not looking forward to it, but really feeling for those people closer to the coast that are gonna get slammed. I agree that the media has a tendency to overhype these things, but even if it is somewhat hyped and judging by the warnings coming from meteorological services this is still gonna be pretty serious.

It does look like conditions will be very serious in DC, which, according to revised storm tracking, looks to be in the storm's direct path. They also just raised the expected wind levels from 50mph+ to 80mph-110mph+. Sustained winds at that level could be devastating to the area. Batten down your hatches & keep your flashlight nearby, it looks like DC may be in for a rough ride over the next 48 hours.