When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Obama Reelected

txcollector

I think the House is still Republican, they have to learn to work together if they want things better.

Ken

House Republican. Senate Democrat (with a few more seats than before). Let's hope those people stop behaving like 12 yo and start working to get stuff done. I'm tired of politics. These guys are paid to do a job not to run for office.

Guest zeleni kukuruz

I hope in two years that obama have turnd the unemployment thing to better! If he can do that then America will be on the right tracks again!

Feels good that Obama won at least for me and most of Europe i think!

People in congress (House & Senate) are paid to vote on behalf of their constituents'. That is all. If you believe this election will change anything (for the better) in Washington, I have a bridge to sell you. :bangin:

Most likely, tomorrow the Dow will decline. Next year, the market will crash, stagflation will set in & the middle east will take center stage. Hopefully, assuming he does not lose his job, the president will have more to offer in the next 4 years than blame for the guy who preceded him.

Most likely, tomorrow the Dow will decline. Next year, the market will crash, stagflation will set in & the middle east will take center stage.

I sincerely hope your doom and gloom scenario is just a personal frustration. I'm not sure where do you see the signs for such pessimistic outlook.

The market will decline/crash and stagflation will set in, yes. Probably in or before 2014. However, no president elected today could have prevented it.

Had Gingrich been elected president, the Dow would have skyrocketed the next day & the economy would have followed suit. By the way, I am a life-long (JFK) democrat.

Hahahahah, smart son of a [censored] :D

I actually like Obama as a person and think he's an incredibly smart and talented man. However, I hate what he stands for. I think what's happening in this country is very sad. Coming to America and working your brains out and becoming rich and successful used to be the American dream. Now, for whatever reason, and I'm not sure when it happened exactly, being rich and successful in America makes you this terrible person. I'm not rich and successful but I've worked my whole life to achieve it and I feel like I'm making progress. The problem is my government is basically telling me, "Well don't work too hard because we're just going to take it from you anyway." It's really sad IMO.

This video says it all.

As an Aussie I tried to stay out of the whole US Presidential thing especially since so many American friends are Republican but that said another American friend (Dem) was swamping my FB page with so much Dem propaganda that my interest was piqued.

So from very early days I was following everything I could get my hands on and yes I will admit to being a big Obama fan but with every thing I read I deliberately ran down both the Dem and the Rep arguments.

My first very early observation was the incredible amount of disrespect shown to the man who held America's highest office, people like Rush Limbaug and Donald Trump should be scorned by voters from both parties.

But by far the more relevant observation was that nearly every thing thrown at the incumbent by the opposition was simply false, and that includes the claim that Obama was in anyway negligent or responsible for America's debt.

I'll be fair and say it is possible there are facts and figures I am not aware of but if so the Rep's didn't use them either.

In Australia Romney would have been tarred and feathered not just for the lies and mistruths but the sheer volume of them.

Ken

• Like 2

Well I am aware that my watch friends abroad are used to more services by gov. and the taxes necessary to pay them we here are struggling with it. Americans take freedom very seriously (not that you don't, it's just our thing we are obsessed) some can accept more social programs at a price others can not. With freedom comes risk some are willing to take more risk for more freedom others are not, I feel that the source of our strength & success has been the willingness to take risks. The other road leads to mediocrity.

I love you guys so I won't address the political economic arguments made here. Arguing online makes no winners. I would love to go over this over some beers though. Texas GTG maybe?

Anyway, I will throw in my two cents for our those who will be reading this thread (from all over the world). As an American, I can say that at the very least, my faith in America has not been diminished.

I realize that feelings are still raw, but I hope that eventually, no matter who you voted for, we can get past the fear, and the anger, and work things out together.

Most likely, tomorrow the Dow will decline. Next year, the market will crash, stagflation will set in & the middle east will take center stage. Hopefully, assuming he does not lose his job, the president will have more to offer in the next 4 years than blame the guy who preceded him.

Agreed - looks like step 1 is already happening. DOW Jones down almost 300 points in just the first few hours of trading...