When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Obama Reelected

txcollector

The rest of the world thinks the voters got it right.

The rest of the world isn't now in debt $137,000 per household due to grossly out of control crony spending, either.

How can we expect our children to owe that kind of money, when it went to this generation? Talk about getting a lousy deal! My kids together are $274,000 in debt with nothing to show for it.

Our biggest problem is not our government, it's the character of a population that sees nothing wrong with demanding a lifestyle at someone else's expense. The government is simply responding to those demands.

• Like 1

How can we expect our children to owe that kind of money, when it went to this generation? Talk about getting a lousy deal! My kids together are $274,000 in debt with nothing to show for it.

One reason why I am not having children. ;)

Our biggest problem is not our government, it's the character of a population that sees nothing wrong with demanding a lifestyle at someone else's expense. The government is simply responding to those demands.

I'm fairly sure China isn't going to ask for that money back. Your children have little to worry about. The US can get away with it. Countries like Greece, not so much.

Case A: Nixon ending the gold standard.

Ironically, Warren Buffett would say the exact same thing. But would mean the exact opposite of what I think you're saying.

Well heck, then it's okay to spend like drunken sailors on holiday, especially if it primarily benefits your cronies! Open the floodgates, self control and honoring debts are what .... outmoded concepts now. Why exercise any prudence at all!

I think I like it better the other way.

• Like 1

^^^^^ Doubtful. We are still/just feeling repercussions from Clinton Glass-Steagall, NAFTA, and the Bush "War Years".

One man / President-- in really, less than 4 years, and the next 4 years will not be the gloom and doom above. Weather you like the guy or not, voted for him or not, Obama inherited a mess spanning over a decade. To blame HIM and only HIM is simply wrong.

We have three branches of government. Do your homework.

This young lady, and her companion who dwells within her, spinning her head around, will be instrumental in making the next four years,

the ruin of our great country. We are really f**ked. This charleton, Obamanation, will bring us to nothing but the worst catastrophe ever to befall us in 240

years.

Posts like this make me really sad for America. Nothing constructive, realistic, or meaningful here. Just mean spirited blather that adds absolutely nothing to the conversation. Charter member of the "Me Generation"?

You "interests" speak volumes about yourself:

• Interests:My interests include, wine, women, fine food, fine clothes,
    watches and shoes, oh and luxury German automobiles.

If it's any consolation, the Chinese just spend all your money in Australia, so that's working out great. Thanks guys for all the money. :)

And we just spend it on Starbucks and Apps.

It's like some kind of weird boomerang they call trade. :p

On a happier note, this debate is but a quiet wet sloppy fart to the challenge of the ageing population pension time bomb in every western economy. Talk about generations stealing from the generation beneath them....no joke.

On a happier note, this debate is but a quiet wet sloppy fart to the challenge of the ageing population pension time bomb in every western economy. Talk about generations stealing from the generation beneath them....no joke.

Funny how the private sector's pension plans are also in a huge percentage of cases totally unfunded or underfunded, just like the government's. The difference is the US has plenty of assets left to mortgage for the next 1000 years. Our debt relative to our total net asset value of assets of the Federal Government is miniscule.

That is something nobody really give much though to. If you compared our national debt to the average Americans debt, both short term and long term (home mortgage, in most cases) you'd probably find most Americans have debt in the neighborhood of 10x their yearly take home pay and up to 20x their net worth. The Federal Government's total debt is now at 72% of GDP (1 years pay). Similar to a man making $100,000 having a long term mortgage of $72,000. Also,as for Net Asset Value, that same man would need to have a net worth of Bill Gates and Warren Buffett and the next 10 richest people added together. Not all that scary when you look at it from the more practical position. Also, let's not forget that the interest on this borrowing is currently around 2% or less. Our interest on the National Debt is lower now than many times in the past.

After WWII the National Debt peaked at 113% of GDP and has fallen ever since until GWB decided we needed a couple of good wars that he never bothered funding. As soon as we get out of the current wars and recession it will go right back down.

The sky isn't actually falling, Chicken Little.

I can't comment on the deficit as it scares the crap out of me but I do believe that absent a world catastrophe you can't kill this economy. It doesn't make it any less frightening for those who have lost their jobs but we are in that portion of the cycle where we moved beyond corporate profits (which have now been good for years), the consumer is starting to gain confidence and even the housing market, having worked off a substantial portion of the existing inventory, is picking up nicely. If you can afford it and are looking for a house in the continental US and have the money or access to a mortgage now is the time to a buy - IMHO of course. And no I'm not an Obama fan but I have believed for more than a year that it doesn't matter who the President is....he will be an economic hero. Ain't nothing of substance getting passed with a divided house.

And I left out the most pathetic part, $6 billion later and we are right back where we started.

And I left out the most pathetic part, $6(000) billion later and we are right back where we started.

Not quite, Only Lehman Bros is gone rather than them and Goldman Sachs, Merril Lynch, the auto industry, most large American banks including Bank of America and Chase, etc. The fiscal cliff is for sissies compared to what we were looking at back then.

Jobs are starting to return. The stimulus is said to have saved how many jobs? Fact check.org:

As we have written before, the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office released a report in August that said the stimulus bill has "[l]owered the unemployment rate by between 0.7 percentage points and 1.8 percentage points" and "ncreased the number of people employed by between 1.4 million and 3.3 million."

Simply put, more people would be unemployed if not for the stimulus bill. The exact number of jobs created and saved is difficult to estimate, but nonpartisan economists say there’s no doubt that the number is positive.

And that was only a paltry 787 billion.

Consumer confidence is at a 9 year high.

In the same period that you're complaining about we spend much more money fighting two unnecessary wars.

Posts like this make me really sad for America. Nothing constructive, realistic, or meaningful here. Just mean spirited blather that adds absolutely nothing to the conversation. Charter member of the "Me Generation"?

You "interests" speak volumes about yourself:

• Interests:My interests include, wine, women, fine food, fine clothes,
    watches and shoes, oh and luxury German automobiles.

Actually kbh, my interests like much of what I write is meant in jest. I grew upin Hawaii, and have friends that attended Punahou School, with Obama, none of them

has anything good to say other thyan he is a good talker. Most people I speak to cannot really syand to look at his face and change the channel. It has zero to do with race.

It is simply because the man truly had no qualifications to be President. Your lack of respect for an off ther cuff remark/parody, speaks voulumes of yourself sir.

Frankly, I should know better than to get involved in a political discussion, and wont do it again. Gets taken the wrong way , most clearly