When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Obama Reelected

txcollector

Funny how the private sector's pension plans are also in a huge percentage of cases totally unfunded or underfunded, just like the government's. The difference is the US has plenty of assets left to mortgage for the next 1000 years. Our debt relative to our total net asset value of assets of the Federal Government is miniscule.

That is something nobody really give much though to. If you compared our national debt to the average Americans debt, both short term and long term (home mortgage, in most cases) you'd probably find most Americans have debt in the neighborhood of 10x their yearly take home pay and up to 20x their net worth. The Federal Government's total debt is now at 72% of GDP (1 years pay). Similar to a man making $100,000 having a long term mortgage of $72,000. Also,as for Net Asset Value, that same man would need to have a net worth of Bill Gates and Warren Buffett and the next 10 richest people added together. Not all that scary when you look at it from the more practical position. Also, let's not forget that the interest on this borrowing is currently around 2% or less. Our interest on the National Debt is lower now than many times in the past.

After WWII the National Debt peaked at 113% of GDP and has fallen ever since until GWB decided we needed a couple of good wars that he never bothered funding. As soon as we get out of the current wars and recession it will go right back down.

The sky isn't actually falling, Chicken Little.

No, kbh these are the latter days The human race will destroy itself in due time and the sky will fall. Our epitaph should be "Why?"

Hambone, I apologize for being a little hard and maybe rude. Guess I didn't see the humor.

But I see above your avatar, "Humorless, but smells funny". Now it makes sense. JK. I realize that usually nothing good comes from these discussions other than a chance to rant a little and practice arguing since I seem to lose all of them around my house.

I'm sure you're right, The human race will destroy ourselves. I just don't think it will either happen in the next 4 years nor will it be Obama's fault. But, I could be wrong.

• Like 1

I have posted this video twice In the last four years. The reason Is I believe It's the absolute truth. People are going to believe whatever they want to believe. I'm not saying thats good bad or Indifferent....It just is. But when you have certain facts that can not be denied....because there based on actual facts... people will still refuse to believe them. I just don't know what to say. But I do believe George Carlin got It right. It's not the politicans hurting this country..It's the Ignorant uninforemed voters that believe everythng there told by a lying mainstream media with It's own agenda. That agenda??....do and say what there told to do and say. That's of course If they like having a job. That pays quite well I might add.

I understand that Americans want to see this country grow and prosper again. Good jobs with decent pay. People having a decent roof over their heads with food on their tables. Sounds like reasonable expections. I'm also one of those who still believe the United States of America Is the greatest country In the world. I know.. except for Canada where people have $50.000 watches and drive cars 160 mph or 250 kmh or buy homes with a quick swipe of thier credit cards. All while picking out your next cruse ship extravaganza. Why not just buy the cruse ship? You know....for shits and gigles.. while making funnies of the USA [censored] up economy. Not all of us here are In such a position unfortunately. That said.. I feel that most nations at one time or another have had there down time....were having ours. The great depression was a horific time for this country....but we not only came back..but we came back very strong. I believe with all my heart that we will come back again.

The video I mentioned above Is the best political commentary on todays politices that have ever heard. I don't like what George Carlin say's but believe every word of It.

Now we got four more years of Obamma. His only plan for the next four years were some cheesy pamplets he handed out toward the end of his re-election campaign. I'm sorry...but that was Insulting. If you were not Insulted....then enjoy. :) Obamma has proven to be dishonest....over and over again. He coverd Eric holders ass with the Executive Privlege Conification act. Which of course gives him the right to withold the truth from the people who hired him. One of his main promises before elected was that his administration would be transparent. As transparent as any president In resent memory. He refused to hold holder;) accountable for his actions. Now he's covering up the slaughter of a American ambasador and three other Americans In the Benghazi attack. He and his administraion told this country that It was because of a youtube video that no one ever heard of or saw. Not anyone I know anyway. They told this bold face lie while knowing that this was a planed attack. They had known for months that the embassy would be attacked and did absolutely nothing about it. They actually watched the attack In real time. He's been patting himself on the back for killing Osama bin laden since day one. The truth is he had nothing to do with the killing of Osama. he may have given the order....but what president wouldn't? If people would do there research they would know that one of his.. Osama's 15 wifes.... tipped off the Americans to his wearaboputs. In other words...he got lucky. So now the region Is rid of the taliaban and other radical extremist and all should be good. Well Mr president....It Isn't. So why not be a real leader and just tell the truth. The answer is a easy one. He's just another politican....and not telling the truth comes natural for these people. It's who they are and what they do.. But I will give him credit....the Jay Z and Bruce Springsteen thing.... well done Barry. Your minions ate that [censored] up like surf& turf.

But It was Bushes fault...no It was Clinton's fault. No it was Bushy Sr fault.....and the beat go's on. There all lying pos that could care less about you and your family. Some worse that others of course. Lets see what we got so far. George W Bush told the this country that we needed to declare war on Iraq because they had weapons of ass destruction. They had absolutely no proof and the UN were looking for these WOMD. But George said that he would not give them anymore time. George said there Inteligence said otherwise. I think Intelligence Is the operative word here. They found no weapons so now we were going to liberate Iraq. I don't remember anyone from Iraq asking us to liberate them. :g: Will that shitck was not working well.. so we went with..."we are here to fight terrorism". There have been several surveys done over the last ten years. The soldiers were asked about there feelings about the war and there partisaption/ Involvement In It. Most of them said "they didn't have a [censored] clue why they were there kilillg and being killed. Not a [censored] clue. Must be a hell of a thing to have weaponry In your hands that is capable of kiliing hundreds and thousands and not exactly sure why you're In this position. Sometimes things don't really hit home untill you've been personally affected. Say for example you're sitting accross from your son daughter mother father brother sister.. etc. To see those loved ones....If they were lucky enough to make It back...but see them without there legs or arms..or parts of their face missing. That can sometimes change how one feels about those who sent these people to a part of this world that will most likely never change. It's thier country and part of the world and they will live as they choose.

Now lets move on to Bill Clition...I think It's all his fault. I actually like Bill...he wears Panerai's and likes cigars ;) But we must remember "I did not have sexual relations with that women". Nice try Bill. :acute:

Most what I said here is not to be taken to heart....unless you feel strongly with or against me. Most of It was meant to be satire. Some of what I said comes from the very core of my belief system and heart. But this Is just one persons opinion. I'm grateful that I still have that right. If I have offended anyone...that was not my Intention. I think I'll let George wrap It up. RIP George

Mike

One last point and then I'm out of here.

Republicans may not have had the numbers to win the presidency but they do have the numbers to affect their economy...negatively...unless they support the President.

To turn your economy around will take a united effort.

Ken

• Like 1

One last point and then I'm out of here.

Republicans may not have had the numbers to win the presidency but they do have the numbers to affect their economy...negatively...unless they support the President.

To turn your economy around will take a united effort.

Ken

Sort of.

The president can improve the economy by getting out of the way, firing Bernanke, and allowing the people (market) to operate relatively freely. If he does that (ha!) then he'll deserve support. Anything short of that, and he'll deserve nothing less than fierce opposition.

Edited by chieftang

There are no such things as politicians...just crappy sales people who will say anything and sell you something that is very unachievable just to get your vote in order to get elected.

Each party blames each other...i swear - for the amount of time bashing each other on Fox or MSNBC and use that time to work together - AS A GOVERNMENT SHOULD - we'd be alot better off. But every party has their own agenda which apparently does not include making things right for us Americans.

Is there an easy fix to fix the economy - yes and no. Can our government do it - yes. Will they? Probably not as everyone is gearing up for 2016 already.

Its funny when i see these congressional hearings when members of congress are drilling and blasting athletes, banking CEOs, Automakers CEOs, etc. I really wish they would turn and tell Congress to go F themselves as its funny when they thumb their nose at others, but here our elected officials who can never solve for balance budgets, Social Security, Health Care, etc. etc. etc.

Oh well...lets hope that there is hope with 2012 and the next four years.

• Like 1

2016 will be another Clinton -vs- Bush contest.

Hillary -vs- Jeb.

I am not a fan of Political Royal Families. At this rate we could have Hillary 2016, Jeb 2020, Chelsea Clinton 2024. I am sure there are some more Bush's out there too. Decades of the same people going all the way back to 1980 Regan/"Bush". At least Obama is not part of that lineage.

Bring in Jesse the body THE MIND Ventura to shake things up.

Ever ask yourself who in their right mind would be a politician - you are underpayed, anally raped daily in the press and have no privacy. Hell, you can't even get away with a mistress anymore. Ergo I can only conclude that politics at a top level only attracts self-absorbed egomaniacs. In any case I will stick to my guns. You heard it here first. The U.S. economy will be substantially better when Obama leaves office than it is today. But it won't be because of Obama (or Romney if he were the one elected). By the way Obama never had a chance during his term. An intelligent person who looked at the trends, state of the economy and the fact that we were still getting out of two wars worth of expense would have concluded it would take two years at best for things to get better. Not making excuses for Obama as I am not a fan but if you study the great depression and the major recessions both here and abroad it all becomes fairly evident what the outcome is. For the U.S. economy to only hiccup with the meltdown in the EU should give folks some comfort as to its resilience. No one can kill it.

• Like 2

Bring in Jesse the body THE MIND Ventura to shake things up.

Although he is an idiot you never know. Ronald Reagan was best known for making a movie with a chimp. Bill Clinton stuffed a cigar in someone's twat in the white house and for my money they were two of the most effective presidents in my life - ideologies aside and for very different reasons. And no I don't want to debate their merits. Just saying.... :)

• Like 2

Although he is an idiot you never know. Ronald Reagan was best known for making a movie with a chimp. Bill Clinton stuffed a cigar in someone's [censored] in the white house and for my money they were two of the most effective presidents in my life - ideologies aside and for very different reasons. And no I don't want to debate their merits. Just saying.... :)

I just love the fact that the guy is brutally honest...may not be politically correct - but speaks from the heart and not a script.

Allegedly it's a Jorg Gray 6500.

Mitt wore a Citizen and a 'Nixon' on the campaign trail. Now I guess he can bin those and get back to the Patek.

It's a bit lame that the most powerful man on earth feels like he can't wear a nice watch for fear of what people will say (or rather, an insincere attempt to look humble). What's the fun otherwise...

Obama's watch is a special edition made for the Secret Service and it was given to him by those who have sworn to protect him. It's not a matter of being humble, it's a matter of pride.

Before being elected I think he wore a Tag Heur.

I know he wore a TAG before and I had heard the Secret Service watch story as well although I didn't know what the brand was.

:huh:

Pmsl Maxman, and yes dave does need some help !

Not getting into the political debate but I agree with what has been said re the US economy, short term pain will lead to long term gain, the country is not [censored] financially as lots of 'informed' people would have you think, the US economy is a lot stronger than the likes of Greece so won't be falling on it's [censored] just yet.

The doomsayers are in their element atm ;) Keep Calm and Carry On :)

Funny thing - now Republicans almost agreed to give citizenship to 12 millions of illegals. They forgot (or don't know?), that each of them, according to statistics, will legally bring up to 27 relatives from Lating America, mostly from Mexico. So, bye-bye, Republican Party, bye-bye peace, with about 200-300 millions of "legal" mexicans here, we'll face of civil war, or bye-bye America in general. US will be an appendix of Mexico country. How about that?

Funny thing - now Republicans almost agreed to give citizenship to 12 millions of illegals. They forgot (or don't know?), that each of them, according to statistics, will legally bring up to 27 relatives from Lating America, mostly from Mexico. So, bye-bye, Republican Party, bye-bye peace, with about 200-300 millions of "legal" mexicans here, we'll face of civil war, or bye-bye America in general. US will be an appendix of Mexico country. How about that?

Can't agree with the Civil War comment but I thought the republican party did fairly well with Latino's generally prior to Romney. I know a substantial portion of that segment are fairly conservative.

American citizenship is available to anyone that meets the criteria. Our "golden door" is wide open. But there is a process that was established a long time ago. As we speak thousands of good people are in the middle of that process, earning their citizenship. My next door neighbor is halfway here.

The politicians want to simply grant this to enormous blocs of people, who will then reward them with votes.

This borders on treason. You do not give away your country's wealth for political gain. Period. I don't care if you're red or blue.

Problem us, now half the households in America are recipients of that governmental largesse, courtesy of politicians. Guess who these 50% vote for? Gotta keep those checks coming.

America is not broken; the people that make up half her population are. And I don't see a way to stop the spiral. We need to restore American character and integrity. Unfortunately that's going to be painful. It always is.

Nanug, there's only one problem with your scenario. Of that 50% that are recipients, most are elderly on Social Security and Medicare or disabled. Something that I believe they've earned the right to. Then, of course you have unemployment which most unemployed have paid into the system most of their working life.

The "welfare queens" scenario that is so popular these days accounts to less than 1%.

Contrary to "Entitlement Society" Rhetoric, Over Nine-Tenths of Entitlement Benefits Go to Elderly, Disabled, or Working Households.

Time to turn of the Fox News Network for a while.

Pmsl Maxman, and yes dave does need some help !

Not getting into the political debate but I agree with what has been said re the US economy, short term pain will lead to long term gain, the country is not [censored] financially as lots of 'informed' people would have you think, the US economy is a lot stronger than the likes of Greece so won't be falling on it's [censored] just yet.

The doomsayers are in their element atm ;) Keep Calm and Carry On :)

Dave? who Is this Dave you speak of bro? I was actually referring to the American public/media. ;)