When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I blame the chicken

Legend

Well, actually, come to think of it, perhaps it was my neighbor's fault.

My neighbor recently started keeping a damned rooster, like 97.8% of roosters seen on tv, this one crows lustily in the early hours of the morning, chasing sleep away from me and making me think about cutting its damned throat before running it over with my 4x4.

This morning, I woke up at 7.30am, and was reaching for my watch placed on the side table, when the damned bird had to crow with all its might at that precise moment and made me jump a little. I knocked the watch onto the floor and chipped the sapphire crystal of the rep Hublot ice bang that I was reaching for (and would have securedly grasped in another 1.8sec or so).

Can someone tell me where I can buy:

a.  replacement sapphire crystal for the watch?

b.  an apparatus for stealthily cutting rooster throats in the middle of the night without too much fuss?

c.a good recipe for roasted rooster?

Thank you for helping.

Legend you are making me rethink my plan for a chicken coop out back this spring. :g:  Now feeding and cleaning up after I can handle :partytime:  but if they start messing with my watches that is where I draw the line. :weight_lift2:

mate, be careful there... I am wondering what I should tell my watchsmith. 

He's gonna suggest I check in to an asylum. Chickens are not good for watches for sure! :D

A good pair of hedge scissors should do the job nicely!

Brutal and to the point... me likee. :lol:

(Apologies to Robert Service)

"There are strange things done 'neath the midnight sun
 By the men who moil for gold.
 The arctic trails have their secret tales
 That would make your blood run cold.
 The northern lights have seen queer sights
 But the queerest they ever did see,
 Was that night on the marge of Lake LeBarge
 When I pardoned the Chickens Three."

http://www.adn.com/2010/05/25/1294007/26chickens.html

Sorry for the watch, I have no address where to find the crystal.

But for the rooster, I can suggest better than a basic soup. Here in France, we have the classical "coq au vin" (= rooster in wine). You cut the rooster in pieces, and you put it in a big bowl with red wine (a strong one, from south of France, not like Burgundy) with carots and onions cut in small parts. Put enough wine to cover the meat and vegetables (one botle should be ok if the rooster is not too big). You add pepper and herbs, but no salt. You leave it like this during 24h00. After 24h00, take the pieces of rooster and dry it with paper. Put it in a casserole with some oil or butter and small parts of bacon. Make it roasted during few minutes. Pour on it one spoon of flour, and mix. Wait one or two minutes more, and pour the wine with vegetables. Add salt. Cover the casserole, and lett it cook gently during two or three hours. Then, it's ready ! Enjoy it with mashed potatoes (home made, of course !). I recommend to dring a Chateauneuf du Pape with it (powerful red wine from southern France).

For sure, this will not repair the watch. But for sure, after your lunch you will think that life is beautiful and the watch can be repaired.

One last detail : if you propose to your neighbour to share this lunch with you (tell him it's a pheasant), you will enjoy it much more !

Paul

B)  

• Like 2

But for the rooster, I can suggest better than a basic soup. Here in France, we have the classical "coq au vin" (= rooster in wine). You cut the rooster in pieces, and you put it in a big bowl with red wine (a strong one, from south of France, not like Burgundy) with carots and onions cut in small parts. Put enough wine to cover the meat and vegetables (one botle should be ok if the rooster is not too big). You add pepper and herbs, but no salt. You leave it like this during 24h00. After 24h00, take the pieces of rooster and dry it with paper. Put it in a casserole with some oil or butter and small parts of bacon. Make it roasted during few minutes. Pour on it one spoon of flour, and mix. Wait one or two minutes more, and pour the wine with vegetables. Add salt. Cover the casserole, and lett it cook gently during two or three hours. Then, it's ready ! Enjoy it with mashed potatoes (home made, of course !). I recommend to dring a Chateauneuf du Pape with it (powerful red wine from southern France).

For sure, this will not repair the watch. But for sure, after your lunch you will think that life is beautiful and the watch can be repaired.

One last detail : if you propose to your neighbour to share this lunch with you (tell him it's a pheasant), you will enjoy it much more !

Paul

B)  

Dear Paul

I am actually surprised I even got a proper reply on the recipe, thank you!

I was properly entertained by your coq au vin description :lol: 

That really sucks lk.. That's one thing about saphire....It's great at scratch resitance...but shatter/chip resitance....not so much. I would contact some of the dealers here and see If they can help. Can't hurt to try.

Enjoy the soup. ;)

Mike

Yo buddy! hows WV? I knew such a thread would bait you.. :D

No I didnt mean you were a cock-lover or anything bro, such that where there is tabloid rubbish like this, there you and I will be. :drinks:

what version of ice bang?

The crystal man speaketh! Its a V6 ice bang I think. 

(Apologies to Robert Service)

"There are strange things done 'neath the midnight sun

By the men who moil for gold.

The arctic trails have their secret tales

That would make your blood run cold.

The northern lights have seen queer sights

But the queerest they ever did see,

Was that night on the marge of Lake LeBarge

When I pardoned the Chickens Three."

http://www.adn.com/2010/05/25/1294007/26chickens.html

Thats some really strange stuff B.. which part of the Robert Service work did you desecrate :D 

The crystal man speaketh! Its a V6 ice bang I think. 

I can only see two options: 

1) See if your dealer can get a V6 crystal replacement. Though but who knows (ideal)

2) I have my crystal without AR that you could be someone like Wiz to do the AR for you. The crystal may be a little taller for the v6 but it should be ok with the AR.

I can only see two options: 

1) See if your dealer can get a V6 crystal replacement. Though but who knows (ideal)

2) I have my crystal without AR that you could be someone like Wiz to do the AR for you. The crystal may be a little taller for the v6 but it should be ok with the AR.

Thks Txcollector! I have actually asked one of the dealers to source for a crystal for me. I might need your help if he fails to come through.. thank you very much. ;)

have you talked to your neighbor 'nicely' ?

both of mine are simply awesome but the guy to the left started parking his new truck on his side of the lawn because he had 2 other trucks (including his new GF's) plus his commuter car in the 3 car wide driveway.. So i asked him when he was going to pave over his lawn that way he could park his truck legally.

I did not mention our city charges $125 for the first infraction and $500 for every subsequent one. Suxxx because he's really a good guy, But my part-time best bud doesn't let his new truck leak over the grass anymore :)

p.s.

oh yeah, your regular dealer should be able to score a replacement

But for the rooster, I can suggest better than a basic soup. Here in France, we have the classical "coq au vin" (= rooster in wine). You cut the rooster in pieces, and you put it in a big bowl with red wine (a strong one, from south of France, not like Burgundy) with carots and onions cut in small parts. Put enough wine to cover the meat and vegetables (one botle should be ok if the rooster is not too big). You add pepper and herbs, but no salt. You leave it like this during 24h00. After 24h00, take the pieces of rooster and dry it with paper. Put it in a casserole with some oil or butter and small parts of bacon. Make it roasted during few minutes. Pour on it one spoon of flour, and mix. Wait one or two minutes more, and pour the wine with vegetables. Add salt. Cover the casserole, and lett it cook gently during two or three hours. Then, it's ready ! Enjoy it with mashed potatoes (home made, of course !). I recommend to dring a Chateauneuf du Pape with it (powerful red wine from southern France).

For sure, this will not repair the watch. But for sure, after your lunch you will think that life is beautiful and the watch can be repaired.

Paul

B)

I'm sooo trying it tomorrow! Thanks man.

Suggestion: Don't go to your fav watchsmith with the damaged goods and answer the inevitable query, "How'd this happen?"... with... "Well, the other morning I work up and my neighbors [censored] arrived at an unexpected moment causing me to mishandle my watch." Me thinks he just won't understand!

Suggestion: Don't go to your fav watchsmith with the damaged goods and answer the inevitable query, "How'd this happen?"... with... "Well, the other morning I work up and my neighbors [censored] arrived at an unexpected moment causing me to mishandle my watch." Me thinks he just won't understand!

But then again he just might. Those cocks can be a real pita for some folks. No one here of course.....just saying. :D