When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Can i play sports In my rep.

xxmanxx

Ive got a noob factory submariner and its been running fine for quite a while. And i was wondering if i could play sports in it. Im mainly asking about tennis because of all the arm movement. Are the watch movements solid and reliable enough that i can play sports such as this in them and expect them not to break.

Well...I'd love to see pictures of you trying to make sports in your Noob Sub :D

But if you wanna know if you can make sports with your Noob I'd say I wouldn't try. They're not as reliable as a Swiss made watch is!

Sent from my wooden drums using Tupperware

Without realizing, I drummed along to the Rush Moving Pictures album the other day wearing my GEN Rolex 1680.  It survived. 45 minutes of playing the drums...

I also ADV Motorcycled with mechanical watches without issue. Dirt bikes, etc.

Finally, my friend split firewood with an Axe for close to an hour wearing a H-Factory PAM111 without issue. 

YMMV

What Ronin said.

I wore a Maria's 1665 for years playing hockey, riding (and crashing) the mtn bike, splitting wood, and never had trouble with it. But it was heavy enough it beat up my wrist a lot. Once after a particularly hard hockey practice (an hour of slap shots) it had lost 15 minutes, probably from spinning the minutes hand on its shaft. It still kept good time.

When Phil Mickelson plays golf, he's always wearing a Rolex! But if his has a problem, I'm sure Rolex just gives him a new one!

But these watches are shock protected, so they should be able to take it.

If it's an Asian 21 j, you're on your own anyway- there is no warranty! Might be a good idea to take it off.

Sorry I don't play sports,

I know that many watches have survived all sorts if things that I have put them through but the fast movement and sudden impacts that your watch would suffer in golf or tennis or chopping wood( I do a lot of that) would have a negative impact eventually, now running, weights and lots of other sports may be fine but tennis??

I have an explorer 1 with serviced Asian 2836 movement which i never take off in order to test it's durability. I have been wearing it constantly since 2010...I am a very busy person: Swimming, hard core mountainbiking, jogging, golf etc. Still running strong :)

:bangin:

Tennis should be fine as long as the replica is on the free arm

Warning: Do not use a chainsaw while wearing an Automatic watch...regular mechanical is probably ok but as I said chainsaws get Automatics so wind up they break.... :pimp: