When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How Often Do You Switch Watches?

fraggle42

Daily? Weekly? Hourly?!?!

If it's daily, have you thought that if others saw you wearing one £25k watch (or whatever value it is) and thought "How can he afford that?", what they think when you come in with a different £25k watch on each day of the week?

It's going to be really obvious to anyone who sees you on a daily basis that they're not gen, or not yours, or you have 5 mortgages :)

Currently I'm trying to wear one watch for a week and changing on a Saturday or so.

That does mean I'll only get to wear any one watch one week in 35, and I'm not sure my will power is able to resist the favourites for that long!

Rotate with attire and what I am doing at work/play.  Formal, semi formal, casual. I like to match metals and colors with my clothes.  So today gold Day Date on dark brown croc strap, dark brown croc belt with gold buckle and dark brown croc loafers.  Tomorrow traveling so casual wear.  Jeans, black polo shirt, black BK Sub C, black boat shoes, black belt silver buckle....Headed to Palm Spings :pimp: to 85 degree weather, golf and cigars B) Still debating on what and how many watches to bring.  You know life is good when that is the most difficult decision for the day.....what watches and what cigars to take to the desert.  

Oh and to Fraggles point.  For the longest time only had one gen Rolex at a time so wore that most everyday. Had a bunch of lower priced gens, like Movado/Invicta/Hamilton....and a couple of reps, but when I went to grab one of those I usually went back to the gen Rolex or my old TT rep sub.  I just really like Rolex's.  When it got worn looking or when I got bored of it, I would buy a new one.  I guess that is why I ended up here on the forum so I could have more models and a Rolex for every occasion.  

Most people who know me know I have gens and reps.  They sometimes ask, is that one real or fake?  Depends on what I am wearing most of the time my answer is a little of "both", it is a rep case with a gen.....which usually leads to some good conversations and is one of the things I really like about being part of this place--those discussions both with brothers here and with people who are not watch enthusiasts 

People who don't know me never ask and usually just say nice watch.  If they did I would tell them the truth.  Part of that could be that I am a big guy and present myself well.  I earn a good living, nice house, high end car and clothes......blah blah.  But the reality is that I have never been asked.  Even with the old reps that were not that good.     

Now that is funny. A true lol. I am still cracking up. If u knew me in person u would know how OCD I am about these things. I got a couple custom croc straps and the med brown belt was just a shade off so had to find one that matches. Makes my wife crazy. I will show her your post and u will be her hero. She is always saying that. What a croc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No set pattern, I wear one when it strikes my fancy to wear it. I might pick one up out of the box and wear it for a day or two, and then the next one I wear for 2-3 weeks. Usually, the latest edition to the herd is the one I love the most and it gets almost exclusive wrist time for a few weeks or maybe a month or two.  Couple of dress watches that I wear with formal attire,  I have spend almost all of my waking life in  scrubs, so one of my top criteria  is my watch has to be water resistant at least for hand washing and running water over it. I probably wash my hands 25 times a day!! When I get home, if I'm working outside, I usually put one of my gen everyday watches on. For the past year that has been a MKII Kingston gilt dial/date. It's a great watch, and so far it looks great, no dents dings or big gouges out of the metal. If I'm on call, like today, whiling away my time here on the computer, the watch I started out with this morning is still on my wrist. 

Heard of Perry's, been there and it's OK.

Heard of Del Friscos never been there.

Not heard of Ruth's.

Down here we have Kirby's which is pretty good and of course Fogo de Chao's when you really need to have 2-3 lbs of meat in one sitting..... And about a mile from my front door is another Brazilian steakhouse Guri di Sol, it'll do when we don't want to drive into town to go to Fogos.

Sorry to OP, heard mention of steak and got distracted. Back to your original thread....

My gen rolex i have been wearing almost Daily for 8 years accept from when im flying and my tours in Afghanistan no almost never Got a rolex milgauss i just bought i just had Got a swiss movement put in and a gen green crystal i can wait to get home to

Believe it or not just two three beaters in the rotation unless I am going somewhere dressed which is seldom, pretty simple life in the country part of Jersey. But when need calls I match up my watch with my outfit lay out w my tie, jacket etc before hand to get just the right one, It's usually the hardest part of picking out what I am wearing.

post-44391-0-70999600-1394075991_thumb.j

Cool range of answers guys , :)

I'm not bothered by what others think of me WRT reps or gens. I was just getting a bit annoyed with myself for sticking to 4 or 5 favourites when I had a load of other watches I liked, but liked a little bit less.

I'm far from stylish so matching the watch to the outfit has as much chance of happening as, well, the other forums getting as good as RWG :)

I do feel the urge for an Aviator today.

I wear a watch to work and then once I get here I usualy change it out for a beater (Invicta Pro Diver, Luminox). At lunch I shower and put the nicer watch back on, then back to the beater for the rest of the work day, one more change at the end of the shift. This is the minimum and happens every workday.

The rotation is just based on mood, whatever I feel like. A watch might be my go to for a week or two or it might last for 1day and then go right back to the sidelines.

The fact is, I am very aware that I have a large selection of watches and I try to make sure they all get a little wrist time and that leads to a lot of switching. On weekends I might wear 3 or 4 different watches in just one day.

I envy most of you...I dont wear a watch 90% of the time because the environment I work in doesnt allow it...i also wear beat up gym shoes, a black tee, and sweat pants to work lol. I really only wear a watch 3-4 times a week and usually its the same watch all day, unless i come home in the middle of the day to change then i sometimes put a different one on. Having 10 AP's now I really wish they could all get a bit more wrist time.