When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Thursday 8th May wristies

Needed a new hassle-free watch and got this windable and 200m waterresistant Citizen Promaster shipped in 4 days to EU from Singapore - great dial by day or night:) Have a vintage yellow/blue NATO for this too. It´s quite thin and the full-lumed dial is amazing, still readable in the morning. 

citizen3407_zps8f1508bd.jpg

citlume_3415cr_zps7c943a71.jpg

• Like 1

One of the few advantages of recovering from an op, you don't care if the weather is horrible and wet outside as you know you're not going out in it :D

post-50255-0-15148400-1399544646_thumb.j

• Like 1

This PO's journey was long and difficult but I breathed life into it at about 9 pm last night. The quality of the gen parts is just unmatched. I'm also incredibly pleased with TC's 2824 which I used for the heart. Smoothest winding watch I own. Can't even tell it's winding. My first real Franken. Now of course I want to Franken every watch I have. I believe this is called stage 2.

tuhu4e5u.jpg

u7adysuq.jpgugy5ubup.jpg

• Like 1

This PO's journey was long and difficult but I breathed life into it at about 9 pm last night. The quality of the gen parts is just unmatched. I'm also incredibly pleased with TC's 2824 which I used for the heart. Smoothest winding watch I own. Can't even tell it's winding. My first real Franken. Now of course I want to Franken every watch I have. I believe this is called stage 2.

tuhu4e5u.jpg

u7adysuq.jpgugy5ubup.jpg

Nice job! We need some details. What parts are gen?

Nice job! We need some details. What parts are gen?

Started with a V5 I bought M2M, no idea what movement but it wasn't a 2824. I installed a Sunnydale Xtal and gen crown and tube upon arrival along with the paper clip fix to the clasp which really made the clasp work perfectly. However the movement randomly stopped so it went on the shelf.

I bought a gen dial, gen hands, Swiss ETA 2824, and gen bezel. Realized the Swiss 2824 had too short a canon pinion so sourced a TC 2824-2. Swapped out the date wheel and all parts associated with the date advance from the Swiss to the TC. Note TC's movement showed up with a white date wheel. Scratched the date wheel during installation so had to source a new one. Ofrei sent me the wrong part thee times then finally got the right one last night. Finally assembled.

Gen Bez; gen dial, gen hands, gen crown and tube, TC 2824-2 with ETA date wheel and date advance parts, Sunnydale Xtal; fixed/modded clasp. Probably the nicest overall watch I have including some very expensive gens.

Really happy with the outcome. Couple comments about the build. The ETA date wheel really didn't work well stock with the TC movement. I dremelled the teeth on the DW to shorten them ever so slightly and worked great. Using the ETA date parts also helped but likely not necessary once I realized the dremel fix.

The dial feet where not long enough to lock in so needed a couple dial dots just to lock it down.

The minute hand took a lot of force to press on but in the end worked perfectly.

The stem had to be cut down quite a but to get the gen crown to engage once the whole thing was assembled.

The results were awesome!!

5yquga8y.jpg

• Like 1