When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Camo Dials

denimhead

Good Morning Gents,

I've been keeping an eye on the current trend for whole PVD/DLC coatings in Camo and also the camo dials that seem to be appearing in Italy. Always one of the first countries to embrace individual personalization of nice things. So please find my initial prototype of a 1016 dial, which i think looks quite nice with the red seconds hand. The idea is to produce 4 variants which would include a Sub, Seadweller, GMT,Explorer 2  and possibly some form of datejust.

I realise that this is one of those 'Marmite' subjects so I'm sure it's going to be a 'love it' or 'hate it' topic :g:

post-12988-0-97954500-1402651737_thumb.j

post-12988-0-02875700-1402651754_thumb.j

Hey mate afraid I fail into the " hate it " camp but that's just me , maybe on the finished product will catch my fancy.

Yep Mike, Its going to be one of those posts mate. Certainly not for everyone but there does seem to be a lot of interest in this sort of modification

I like it, but I just wished they used Black printing on the dial (so you can read it) and just make sure no matte black

parts of the camo paint is over the dial printing. Otherwise I like it, a lot!

Or they could use white printing and make sure to use the black painting sections over the white printing.

Dave...

Agreed on a PVD/DLC Case in order to go for the full on Stealth appeal. I have actually asked my supplier to replace the Pale Green print with a dark brown so you will be able to see the white print. Your right TJ on it always being recognised as an after market dial, i do think that the purist attitiude surrounding Rolex has eased with companies Like Project X doing some really interesting stuff, and coming up with some better options that Rolex currently offer

DH

It's not for me, but with a PVD case/ bracelet, it might look pretty good. Around here, there are lots and lots of hunters, and you they would probably sell like hot cakes. Camo is so popular here, everyone wears it. I have actually been to formal events and guys show up with camo bow ties and cummerbunds. Not Military, but every conceivable pattern of hunting camo!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You need to use a real camo pattern for a nice effect, try the Russian "Digital Flora" or "Partizan" patterns

Sent from my GMT Master using Tritium

Edited by Max72