When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help! Does this look gen or rep?

viol8r44

I just picked this up on Ebay and now having second thoughts. I'm not 100% sure of what to look for but do you think its a miracle and I got a Gen? If its a rep I'm sure the guy selling it knew but I thought it might be worth it for the case if and maybe the movment if Gen but I'm kinda doubting it now. I think if you put the item number in the ebay search bar it will pull it up 

item # 261748148648

Thanks for the helppost-68054-0-69748800-1422486782_thumb.j

Absolutely, EBay will refund if it's a rep. Before making a Paypal dispute though, I would contact the buyer and tell him, you know it's a rep, and he needs to refund your purchase price. has he shipped it out yet? If not get on him before it's shipped.

I looked at the listing, he never says it's genuine, but it's really bad. Even for 145 USD, I'm not sure you could get enough decent parts out of it to justify the price. looking at the single crappy photo, what the heck, is that how it's waterproof, wrap it in Saran wrap? :fool: No crown, the date wheel is so faint, hard to see, and I'm not even sure it has a movement inside. :unsure:

Dude, it's clearly a horrid fake - but you only spent $145 on a horrid fake. Lesson learned. Check first, buy after. Get your money back, you can't sell rep's on fleabay.

Sure you can !! Not supposed to, you just can't get caught. ;) That's why it's so important to do your due diligence before you hit the "buy" button. the OP was lucky, he only got stung for 145.00 USD, and he found out he had been had before he paid, but it could just as well have been several hundred or a couple of thousand on a really good fake. And, unless he checked it out right away, he would have been out the money. If you wear it for six months thinking it's a genuine whatever, and then by chance you take it to a dealer and they tell you, "Sorry sir, that watch is a fake" It's way too late to try to get your money back.

Let's face it guys, look at the quality of the high end reps we have here. We have  friendly disagreements all the time as to whether or not some component is gen or rep. So just think what a dilemma a relative newcomer to watches has to contend with on Ebay. Especially the more obscure brands that may not have a posse looking at every listing to out the fakes. He sees a nice watch, boxes papers, looks genuine, and the price is a real bargain. it's one that he has always admired, but couldn't afford. He bids, he wins, and then months later the watch stops. He takes it in to his local watchsmith or maybe a dealer and they give him the bad news. You bought a fake. Even this horrible fake that the OP bought. When I looked at the listing it had 15 bids!! Now anyone here with any experience at all could see this one was a terrible fake, even with the saran wrapped head, and the one blurry photo, but it fooled 15 people who bid on it!! If  the deal looks too good to be true, it probably is.If anything about a watch or any other item one is interested in starts to get the alarm bells ringing or you are just unsure about the authenticity, it's definitely best to ask folks who are more knowledgeable than yourself. May save you a pile of money in the long run.    

my eyes are hurting........... :partytime:  reminds me of a couple years back talking to a guy about his sub, chatting away when he notices mine, says 'oh yeah I've one of those, got it for my 40th blah blah blah' do you want to have a look..........wished I hadn't...................lessons learned an all that   :huh: 

Hey but that's why this place is so important guys, the knowledge you guys have is simply mind boggling   :notworthy:   

Lesson learned for sure, I contacted the seller and he said he didn't know what he had and that he got it at an estate sale blah blah blah...anyway sale cancelled, lesson learned. I really appreciate all the input as I'm very new to the hobby but also very eager to learn what to look for. Again thanks for all the responses.